SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fear

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Fear

this is not meant as a rebuke, and I could quite possibly be wrong, but I discern a current of fear underlying some of the posts, ie news of the day, or signs that the earth and heavens tremble, nations agitate one another.

I dont mean to rebuke those who wish to post these signs...not at all, who am i? I say post what your heart leads, but I am wrong in detecting a current of fear running thru the elect? If I am, please tell me so.

My personal take on it all is this; Jesus said he would never let us out if His Hand, this I cling to, in faith, and the goings and comings of man, and their kingdoms, and their missiles, and their gold, are just to me, signs of their own demise on the Day of the Lord, which we should not fear.

It wont be a pleasant day, but it will be His day.

neil

2009/3/24 17:30
MaryJane

Re: Fear

Greetings neil

I know that for me I have to be careful of some of the posts that I read because I can easily fall into the temptation of getting caught up in fear and worry over future events that have not happened.I am learning to choose more carefully what I read. You are right though that Jesus does not want us to have a spirit of fear and that no matter what happens He will still be in control. For me its a close daily walk with my Lord that helps me keep my focus on Him and what He might have for me.

Thanks for your post and God bless
MJ

2009/3/24 19:22Profile

Re:

[b]HE cares for ME![/b]

(Charles Spurgeon)

"Casting all your care upon Him--for He cares for you!" 1 Peter 5:7

It is a happy way of soothing sorrow, when we can feel--"HE cares for ME!" Christian! do not dishonor God, by always wearing a brow of worry! Come--cast your burden upon your God! You are staggering beneath a weight--which your Father would not feel. What seems like a crushing burden to you--would be but as small dust to Him. Nothing is so sweet as to,
"Lie passive in God's hands,
And know no will, but His."

O child of suffering--be patient! God has not overlooked you in His providence. He who is the feeder of sparrows--will also furnish you with what you need. Do not sit down in despair.

There is One who cares for you!

His all-seeing eye is fixed on you!

His all-loving heart beats with pity for your woe!

His omnipotent hand shall yet bring you the needed help!

The darkest cloud--shall scatter itself in showers of mercy.

The blackest gloom--shall give place to the morning light.

If you are one of His family--He will bind up your wounds, and heal your broken heart. Do not doubt His grace, because of your troubles--but believe that He loves you as much in seasons of distress--as in times of happiness. What a serene and quiet life might you lead--if you would leave providing--to the God of providence!

If God cares for you--why need you care also? Can you trust Him for your soul--and not for your body? He has never refused to bear your burdens--He has never fainted under their weight. Come, then, soul! Be done with fretful worry--and leave all your concerns in the hand of your gracious God!

~~~~~

:-)

2009/3/25 11:23
HeartSong

Re: Fear

Quote:
Natan4Jesus wrote: It wont be a pleasant day . . .

Do we know this to be true?

When I look at my life, the only time that things are unpleasant is when I lose something that I love. At the end of things, if my love is for anything of the world, it will be a horrendous day. But if my love is only for Christ, it will be a most awesome day for all things that hinder will be removed - and we will be absolutely free.

2009/3/25 12:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy