SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Solar-flare Surprise: Pure Hydrogen Shot At Earth

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe

hhhmmm, I wonder what algore would say about this? :-P

ginnyrose

2009/4/24 21:49Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Holy Emphasis

Quote:

Natan4Jesus wrote:
all this just underlines the Holy Calling for more private ministry in the "on your face" prayer time, whether it be a private or a corporate ministry, and I must be transparent and say my private prayer ministry has suffered, because as a human being, frail and weak in my flesh and in my mind, sometimes fear just gets the best of me, and you feel hopeless. Despair. That's not unique to me, or probably to anyone posting here, we must be honest with ourselves.

Thats the truth of our condition, in our own flesh, in our strength, we are utterly helpless and undone. Maybe this isnt a "bad" process, maybe its all part of the Holy Ghost teaching us 2 things, our utter dependency on God, and that only thru and in Jesus, therein any strength, Grace, hope, charity, Love and Faith lie. In Jesus only. In the Father only. In the Holy Spirit only. Nothing ELSE will do.

We got to fight this fear with Faith, and that Faith rests in Him. (forgive me for preaching to the choir, i'm not even preaching, more like exhorting myself, and just testifying to the brethern)

in Jesus love, neil

Sometimes the best preaching/exhorting comes when we are dealing with our own selves. :-)

2009/4/24 22:57Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
hhhmmm, I wonder what algore would say about this? :-P

ginnyrose

Who, [url=http://noconsensus.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/gw-al-gore-fire.jpg]this guy?[/url] ;-)

2009/4/24 23:00Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Forecasters keep eye on 'Solar Max'

Forecasters keep eye on 'Solar Max'

January 10, 2011, 11:59pm
PARIS, France (AFP) – The coming year will be an important one for space weather as the Sun pulls out of a trough of low activity and heads into a long-awaited and possibly destructive period of turbulence.

Many people may be surprised to learn that the Sun, rather than burn with faultless consistency, goes through moments of calm and tempest. But two centuries of observing sunspots -- dark, relatively cool marks on the solar face linked to mighty magnetic forces -- have revealed that our star follows a roughly 11-year cycle of behaviour.

The latest cycle began in 1996 and for reasons which are unclear has taken longer than expected to end. Now, though, there are more and more signs that the Sun is shaking off its torpor and building towards "Solar Max," or the cycle's climax, say experts.

"The latest prediction looks at around midway 2013 as being the maximum phase of the solar cycle," said Joe Kunches of the Space Weather Prediction Center at the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). But there is a prolonged period of high activity, "more like a season, lasting about two and a half years," either side of the peak, he cautioned.

At its angriest, the Sun can vomit forth tides of electromagnetic radiation and charged matter known as coronal mass ejections, or CMEs.

This shock wave may take several days to reach Earth. When it arrives, it compresses the planet's protective magnetic field, releasing energy visible in high latitudes as shimmering auroras -- the famous Northern Lights and Southern Lights. But CMEs are not just pretty events.

They can unleash static discharges and geomagnetic storms that can disrupt or even knock out the electronics on which our urbanised, Internet-obsessed, data-saturated society depends. Less feared, but also a problem, are solar flares, or eruptions of super-charged protons that can reach Earth in just minutes.

In the front line are telecommunications satellites in geostationary orbit, at an altitude of 36,000 kilometers (22,500 miles) and Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites, on which modern airliners and ships depend for navigation, which orbit at 20,000 kms (12,000 miles).

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/297740/forecasters-keep-eye-solar-max

2011/1/11 1:10Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Forecasters keep eye on 'Solar Max'

There sure seems to be a lot of opinion on this coming solar max...

...A major solar storm would cause the failure of electric power in most parts of the world. The above cited report of the National Academy of Science claims that this would have catastrophic consequences. People in high-rise apartments, where water has to be pumped up, would be cut off immediately.

For most others drinking water would come through the taps for about half a day, but the flow would then cease without electricity to pump it from reservoirs. Transportation systems directly or indirectly dependent on electric power (which means practically all systems) would come to a standstill.

Back-up generators would operate at some sites until their fuel ran out. For hospitals that would mean about 72 hours of essential care only services. Without power for heating, cooling and refrigeration, and with a breakdown in the distribution of medicines and pharmaceuticals, urban population would begin to die back within days.

Scientists forecast yet another disruptive event for the end of 2012: breaches in the Earth’s magnetic field. In the past this field protected living systems from the effects of solar storms and coronal mass ejections. Lately the magnetic field has diminished in intensity and holes and gaps have appeared. Scientists in South Africa measured cracks in the magnetic field the size of California, and in December of 2008 NASA announced that its Themis Project had found a massive breach that would allow a devastating amounts of solar plasma to enter the Earth’s magnetosphere.

The fluctuation of the magnetic field could also lead to the reversal of the planet’s magnetic poles. During the course of reversal the magnetic field would become still weaker, and the danger to life from solar and stellar radiation would greatly increase.

Another scientific report of relevance concerns the entry of our solar system into a highly energized region of space. This turbulent region is making the Sun hotter and stormier and has already caused climate change on other planets. According to Russian scientists the effects on Earth will include an acceleration of the magnetic pole shift,

the vertical and horizontal distribution of ozone, and an increase in the frequency and magnitude of extreme climate events.

http://ervinlaszlo.com/notebook/2010/02/16/abrupt-change-2012-problems-with-the-sun/

2011/1/11 1:18Profile

Re:

What I find interesting Brother is what The Word says about what will happen with the sun.

Jesus said it will be darkened and then we look to the Seals, Trumps and Vials ...

With the sixth seal there is a great earthquake and the sun becomes black and the moon red.

With the fourth trumpet the sun, moon and stars are smitten so that they only shine 1/3 of the day and night.

But with the fourth vial - that vial is poured upon the sun, so that it increases in strength to scorch men.

Interesting timeline, when comparing to Jesus' words in Matt 24:29 & 30... Appears to indicate that the vials come 'with' Him - as the vials are called, His wrath.

Thank GOD for the Word of GOD.

2011/1/11 10:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy