SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Solar-flare Surprise: Pure Hydrogen Shot At Earth

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Solar-flare Surprise: Pure Hydrogen Shot At Earth

Everyone knows the story of Noah's flood, and that God will never destroy, by flood, the Earth again...but this is very interesting...how the water may have been produced.

Let's start with the NASA website with the story: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/15dec_solarflaresurprise.htm

Solar-Flare Surprise

Dec. 15, 2008: Solar flares are the most powerful explosions in the solar system. Packing a punch equal to a hundred million hydrogen bombs, they obliterate everything in their immediate vicinity. Not a single atom should remain intact.

At least that's how it's supposed to work.

"We've detected a stream of perfectly intact hydrogen atoms shooting out of an X-class solar flare," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "What a surprise! These atoms could be telling us something new about what happens inside flares."

The event occurred on Dec. 5, 2006. A large sunspot rounded the sun's eastern limb and with little warning it exploded. On the "Richter scale" of flares, which ranks X1 as a big event, the blast registered X9, making it one of the strongest flares of the past 30 years.

NASA managers braced themselves. Such a ferocious blast usually produces a blizzard of high-energy particles dangerous to both satellites and astronauts. Indeed, moments after the explosion, radio emissions from a shock wave in the sun's atmosphere signaled that a swarm of particles was on its way.

An hour later they arrived. But they were not the particles researchers expected.

NASA's twin STEREO spacecraft made the discovery: "It was a burst of hydrogen atoms," says Mewaldt. "No other elements were present, not even helium (the sun's second most abundant atomic species). Pure hydrogen streamed past the spacecraft for a full 90 minutes."...

...now for the interesting part:
What is the chemical composition of water?

Answer:
Water is H2O, which is 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. The oxygen atom is in the middle, with the two hydrogen atoms bonded to the oxygen. The molecule is V-shaped.

I am curious what would happen during an intense Solar Storm from our Sun would do - where these X-class solar flares produce pure streams of Hydrogen that bombards our atmosphere and interacts with the oxygen in the air for say ...hmmmm - let's say...40 days and 40 nights? Hydrogen streams combine with atmospheric oxygen to produce water?

"It was a burst of hydrogen atoms," Mewaldt said. "No other elements were present, not even helium (the sun's second-most abundant atomic species). Pure hydrogen streamed past the spacecraft for a full 90 minutes."

Oh but wait, these particle streams would have to get through our magnetosphere, which protects us, to get into our atmosphere right?

What about this:

A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field

...again from NASA's website:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/16dec_giantbreach.htm

Dec. 16, 2008: NASA's five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a breach in Earth's magnetic field ten times larger than anything previously thought to exist. Solar wind can flow in through the opening to "load up" the magnetosphere for powerful geomagnetic storms. But the breach itself is not the biggest surprise. Researchers are even more amazed at the strange and unexpected way it forms, overturning long-held ideas of space physics.

"At first I didn't believe it," says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This finding fundamentally alters our understanding of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction."

~~~~~~~

In posting the above information, I just wanted to show how this could happen.

...again from NASA's website:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/21dec_cycle24.htm

Evidence is mounting: the next solar cycle is going to be a big one.

...looks like its going to be one of the most intense cycles since record-keeping began almost 400 years ago," says solar physicist David Hathaway of the Marshall Space Flight Center. He and colleague Robert Wilson presented this conclusion last week at the American Geophysical Union meeting in San Francisco.

According to Nasa, the Earth's magnetic field that protects us(magnetosphere) has been breached, and that we are in for very intense solar storms, peaking is just a 3 years or so (but solar flare can happen anytime)...so what is going to happen during Solar Cycle 24? Perhaps Giant hail, and scorched earth when hydrogen solar streams from the sun hit our atmosphere?

...interesting

Revelation 8:7 (New King James Version)

First Trumpet: Vegetation Struck

"The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth.[a] And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up."

Footnotes:

Revelation 8:7 NU-Text and M-Text add and a third of the earth was burned up.

also...

Revelation 16:21 (New King James Version)

21 And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great.

...So now I know the how.

2009/3/24 11:17Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe

Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe

IT IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colourful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

A year later and millions of Americans are dead and the nation's infrastructure lies in tatters. The World Bank declares America a developing nation. Europe, Scandinavia, China and Japan are also struggling to recover from the same fateful event - a violent storm, 150 million kilometres away on the surface of the sun.

It sounds ridiculous. Surely the sun couldn't create so profound a disaster on Earth. Yet an extraordinary report funded by NASA and issued by the US National Academy of Sciences (NAS) in January this year claims it could do just that.

Over the last few decades, western civilisations have busily sown the seeds of their own destruction. Our modern way of life, with its reliance on technology, has unwittingly exposed us to an extraordinary danger: plasma balls spewed from the surface of the sun could wipe out our power grids, with catastrophic consequences.

The projections of just how catastrophic make chilling reading. "We're moving closer and closer to the edge of a possible disaster," says Daniel Baker, a space weather expert based at the University of Colorado in Boulder, and chair of the NAS committee responsible for the report.

It is hard to conceive of the sun wiping out a large amount of our hard-earned progress. Nevertheless, it is possible. The surface of the sun is a roiling mass of plasma - charged high-energy particles - some of which escape the surface and travel through space as the solar wind. From time to time, that wind carries a billion-tonne glob of plasma, a fireball known as a coronal mass ejection (see "When hell comes to Earth"). If one should hit the Earth's magnetic shield, the result could be truly devastating.

source:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20127001.300-space-storm-alert-90-seconds-from-catastrophe.html

~~~~~~~

Is a 'Katrina-Like' Space Storm Brewing?

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/JustOneThing/story?id=6615005&page=1

2009/3/24 11:28Profile
theopenlife

Re: Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

2009/3/24 14:22Profile
HeartSong

Re: Solar-flare Surprise: Pure Hydrogen Shot At Earth

After reading this, I was praying, and small hailstones started falling from the sky - bouncing off of the screen on the window next to me - this happening even though the sun was shining . . .

2009/3/24 15:53Profile
rreighe

Re:

very intresting... hmm...

2009/3/24 18:26Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

A couple more related articles are the news.

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Space/story?id=7384952&page=1]Article 1[/url]

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1171951/Meltdown-A-solar-superstorm-send-dark-ages--just-THREE-years.html]Article 2[/url]

2009/4/22 21:55Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

I had a dream about a hail storm last night. Didn't think anything of it until I read this. Interesting.

2009/4/23 6:35Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Luke 21:25
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

Revelation 6:15
Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and every slave and every free man hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.

So what? Let's not get distracted and go on preaching the good news of the kingdom and make deciples of Jesus.

2009/4/23 7:13Profile

Holy Emphasis

all this just underlines the Holy Calling for more private ministry in the "on your face" prayer time, whether it be a private or a corporate ministry, and I must be transparent and say my private prayer ministry has suffered, because as a human being, frail and weak in my flesh and in my mind, sometimes fear just gets the best of me, and you feel hopeless. Despair. That's not unique to me, or probably to anyone posting here, we must be honest with ourselves.

Thats the truth of our condition, in our own flesh, in our strength, we are utterly helpless and undone. Maybe this isnt a "bad" process, maybe its all part of the Holy Ghost teaching us 2 things, our utter dependency on God, and that only thru and in Jesus, therein any strength, Grace, hope, charity, Love and Faith lie. In Jesus only. In the Father only. In the Holy Spirit only. Nothing ELSE will do.

We got to fight this fear with Faith, and that Faith rests in Him. (forgive me for preaching to the choir, i'm not even preaching, more like exhorting myself, and just testifying to the brethern)

in Jesus love, neil

2009/4/23 9:38
HeartSong

Re: Alfvén Waves

"Alfvén waves can be excited by the interaction of the solar wind with the Earth's magnetosphere. The magnetic field lines of the magnetosphere act like giant guitar strings that are "plucked" via their interaction with the solar wind. Large wavelength standing Alfvén waves can be generated via this method. Alfvén waves are a common feature of most space plasmas."

Source:
http://www.hmo.ac.za/old_site/Space_Physics/tut/tut.html

2009/4/24 1:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy