SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Great-Grandson of Legendary Missionary to China Dies

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Great-Grandson of Legendary Missionary to China Dies

[b]Great-Grandson of Legendary Missionary to China Dies[/b]

The great-grandson of British missionary James Hudson Taylor, the man foremost responsible for spreading Christianity in China, died in the early morning on Friday in Hong Kong, mission agency OMF International announced.

Dr. James Hudson Taylor III went to be with Christ at the age of 79, according to OMF. He, like his great-grandfather, had immersed himself in Chinese culture and shared the Gospel with the Chinese people. Taylor will be remembered as a mission statesman who was warm, a master storyteller, and won the respect of senior Chinese government officials and church leaders alike.

OMF International, formerly known as China Inland Mission and Overseas Missionary Fellowship, was founded by James Hudson Taylor in 1865. Taylor spent 51 years in China and the organization he founded was responsible for bringing more than 800 missionaries to the country. The missionaries in turn began 125 ...

read more: www.christianpost.com

2009/3/23 1:40Profile
JoanM

Re: Great-Grandson of Legendary Missionary to China Dies

In 1869 the book "Christ Is All" by Stephen H. Tyng. given to Hudson Taylor by a fellow missionary. He referred to his new understanding of abiding in Christ for the rest of his life. He was quoted by fellow missionary Charles Henry Judd as saying: ”Oh, Mr. Judd, God has made me a new man!” [Sourse: Wikipedia]

I am collecting self-reports of such "post" conversion events and following testimony. I look forward to reading the up-coming book of Hudson Taylor III.

2009/3/23 4:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy