SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Pinocchio’s Realm

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Pinocchio’s Realm

Greetings
I read this passage during my study this evening and well it really just spoke so much to me. Lot in here for me to pray about. Just thought I might pass it along in case anyone else is finding them selves in this place or even some where in between.

God Bless
Maryjane

Pinocchio’s Realm

I was recently challenged to renew my life before Jesus in a really simple way, and I’d like to pass that on. We have used the description in the past about a person who is truly a believer of Jesus, but they are still like Pinocchio—still wooden. They are not a real boy or a real girl yet. They are doing the right things, saying the right things, going to the right places and hanging around the right people, and everything seems to be in order from an external standpoint, but there is something that’s just not real there. It’s still wooden. Their life is not filled with vitality and energy and creativity and flexibility and revelation. It all seems to be borrowed and somewhat mechanical.

“I want to do the right thing, I want to do the right thing. I fail. What else can I learn that will help set me free? I know! I will learn a few more new things and I’ll apply those and then I will feel a little more free.” It’s like oiling a squeaky limb, but it’s still not real.

Well, the process of being transformed from a wooden boy or girl to a real boy or girl is very much related to the secret places. Your destiny is Zoe Life—real, substantial, supernatural Life. And your opportunities to receive that are in those secret moments of decision when no one else is watching. There are times when you come to a fork in the road and you have to decide if you are going to walk by integrity, or if you will walk by compromise, or duplicity and deception. You have to decide if you are going to go the extra mile when no one would know about it, or if you are going to take some shortcut, knowing in your heart you stopped short of where God wanted you to go.

Are you going to pretend to have a spiritual walk? Are you going to pretend to have a life of prayer and a life of praise by the way you carry yourself in public? But in secret, it’s not really there at all? Perhaps you talk about spiritual things and generate discussion about spiritual matters, but that true, deep Life is just not really there. Maybe your “spirituality” is self-centered and self-immersed rather than reaching to heaven in sincerity with hope and faith and strength. It’s easy to just basically sit down on a couch and psychoanalyze yourself and call that prayer. But are you really reaching out to the eternal Godhead and fellowshipping friend to friend with Him? Or is it just religion—“quiet time”?

Our responses to the intersections in our path have a lot to do with whether God will be able to honor us and fill us and immerse us and surround us! Will He count us faithful and clothe us from on High? Or instead, will we just try to grind it out and mechanically try to keep up with things? A lot of the transition from being a wooden boy or girl to being able to breathe the very air and wind of Heaven as you go through your day has to do with the choices you make when no one is watching. It is not without a cost and not without some fatigue and frustration at times. This Real Life is clearly Divine.

2009/3/20 22:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy