SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Great Tribulation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
The glory of God will fill the true church, and the time of "GREATER WORKS" has not yet occurred

If the "Greater Works" has not yet occurred, then Christ has not yet gone to the Father.

John 14:12

2009/3/22 12:13

Re: The risen Jesus is our Provision!

Jesus stated this while performing "Great miracles", unto his disciples.

Quote:

DeepThinker wrote:
Quote:
The glory of God will fill the true church, and the time of "GREATER WORKS" has not yet occurred

If the "Greater Works" has not yet occurred, then Christ has not yet gone to the Father.

John 14:12

What an odd thought.

We are , and will be partakers of that promise, yet to be fulfilled in fullness. Isaiah 61 is upon the time of the end, and yes , of course Jesus is risen. The full glory of His Life in us, is yet to be fulfilled, and the Bride has not yet made herself holy.

If it were so, we would not be having this conversation, and there would be loving unity among us, without dissension, or conflict. Jesus will possess His Bride, and Provision and Glory will be in fullness; even in the midst of the great tribulation.

2009/3/22 12:48
psalm1

Re:

Quote:
Overall, Earendel, I see some of the very things you do, and I heartily agree with you, that the Church shall go THROUGH the great Tribulation. Zac Poonen, in his Revelation series, brings out some good points. "Who are these?"....[a great multitude no man can number..]..."These are those who CAME OUT of great tribulation..", and pointing out that they went in, and then came out.

look closely at these verses;
9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

These are martyrs,killed by Antichrist
now these verses
9After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

10And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

11And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,

12Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

13And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

16They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

17For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Now note that it is not until rev 22 that Jesus comes with his wife (from heaven martyrs included)to slay Antichrist.

If the rapture happens at the return on white horses then 1 thes is pure heresy,because when the white horse riders appear the dead are already on the horses when they leave heaven.

2009/3/22 13:41Profile

Re: The Great Tribulation

Now THIS is TRUTH -

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=11547&commentView=itemComments

Praise GOD!

2009/3/22 13:58
psalm1

Re:

Quote:
Now THIS is TRUTH -

He says nobody can find a single scripture that says "my people do not go through the trib"

Jesus said ".....but pray that you might be counted worthy to escape the things that are about to come upon the world"

All pretrib doctrine came from a little girls dream?
under this logic I could say "all Christians in Africa only got saved by watching billy graham"
This nonsense has been debunked long ago.

Another favorite he uses,The early church didn't expect the soon coming.....also debunked

I never cease to wonder,why are the extra biblical fairy tales and belittling misrepresentations almost always brought in?

2009/3/22 15:14Profile

Re: I was blessed.

Thank you Jesus -is-God..

A very, very sound biblical and anointed Word. Isn't the parable of the 10 virgins but a cry to prepare?...I thought of this listening to this brother.

I, for one recommend all to give a listen, as this teacher will put you back in the Word.

2009/3/22 15:19
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: The Great Tribulation

LET US KEEP IN MIND THAT TIMES AND WHEN OR HOW IS OF LITTLE IMPORTANCE.

let us be blessed and do what it says, even if we have understanding or think we do, that understanding is worth very little in it self, there where two trees in the garden, and as adam and eve chose wrongly so often we chose the wrong tree, we want knowledge, some to follow christ that is good, others want knowledge to teach others that is bad.

When we read revelation there is much that is hard to get, even for the most spiritual of us. But the beginnig of the book says blessed are those who reads and know when and how....

no.... it says...

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near. (Rev 1:3 NKJ)

those who keep what is written in the book of revelation, these are important, these people will be blessed, for a long time i was in the group who wanted to know for the sake of knowing, that was my flesh, stimulating my mind and intellect and puffing my self up with knowledge, producing no life and no doing, made me quote a lot of verses to try persuade others to my position.

now i try to focus on keeping and doing what is written, and God will bless me, and the main theme i discovered in revelation is not tribulation, antichrist, the mark or beasts or any such thing, but overcoming.

overcoming sin,

pride

hypocrisy

lovelessness

anger

the world and the world system

religion (man made)

tradition

and on and on.

blessed are those who keep the things that are written in the book of revelation, if ypou want a fruitful and edifying study and also thread here, we should talk about what things are we to keep?

that will bless us and unite us as believers to an overcoming church and body.

because if you are an overcomer, when and how is very little importance, since when ever God comes back, you are all ready an overcomer, before or after or in the middle, i am not afraid of the tribulation, i have no desire to escape it, i dont consider my self higher or of more importance then the millions who where counted as sheep for the slaughter that i would escape what they did not. but if Gods wisdom is to take me out before may it be so, but it does not matter, the book of the end times teach us that we need to overcome, and if you want to be a blessed man, we need to keep those things written therein.

Meaning: 1) to attend to carefully, take care of 1a) to guard 1b) metaph. to keep, one in the state in which he is 1c) to observe 1d) to reserve: to undergo something
Origin: from teros (a watch, perhaps akin to 2334); TDNT - 8:140,1174; v
Usage: AV - keep 57, reserve 8, observe 4, watch 2, preserve 2, keeper 1, hold fast 1; 75
Misc: For Synonyms see entry 5874

2009/3/22 16:03Profile
Dimlyviewed

Re:

Ummmm...yeah, I listened to the sermon from David Powlison. While I agree with his perspective on the eery error of Dispensational, pre-trib rapturism, I do think he may just need to come a little more prepared next time. He also goes on to make quite a few inferences based on his personal preferences...not scripture. Then holds it to be biblical. It was hard to listen to...

2009/3/22 18:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
What an odd thought.

Why is it odd? Your the one who said that the "Greater Works hasn't been fulfilled. Jesus said that "Greater works you shall do BECAUSE I go unto the Father. Now if we believe that Jesus has gone to the Father, then the Greater Works has already occurred. The early church by the way experienced those "Greater works", even to the place that where ever Peters shadow was cast people were healed.

Now, that can be repeated at any time the Holy Spirit wills it.
Quote:
If it were so, we would not be having this conversation, and there would be loving unity among us, without dissension, or conflict. Jesus will possess His Bride, and Provision and Glory will be in fullness; even in the midst of the great tribulation.

In the early Church, they were in ONE ACCORD. And they were going through their tribulation. Do a word search in the book of Acts of the word "Accord" in the KJV of course. The early church was very much with it, more than we are today. This is a direct fulfilment of whatever scriptures your using to make it fit for our day. But I say unto everyone, this unity in Christ has happened once before and has happened afterwards. Will it happen again, most certainly. But we should stop using past fulfilments for future fulfilments. Though we can learn from them and draw great truths out of them.

:-(

2009/3/22 23:16
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Overcoming= theme of The Revelation of Jesus Christ

Hello hmmhmm,

I had only skimmed through your excellent post the other day and then practically could not find it again. Whew, all is well, I have copied it and have it on my hard drive. I may even list the main points on a few 4 x 6 cards and carry it with me. What a treasure chest it is.

Thank you for posting it, Praising Jesus, for I am sure it came from Him, as all good things do.

white stone

2009/3/25 0:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy