SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : ANTICHRIST 1

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wayneman

Michigan

ANTICHRIST 1

"The blazing sun comprises in itself the daily light and warmth of the earth; and the fruitful seasons, and the brightness of day, all flow out directly from the sun. Just so the kingdom of God on this earth, the subjugation of the nations, the lifting of the curse from man, animals and material nature, the rectifying of earth's wrongs, and the filling of the world with the glory of God, all flow out from the Person and Presence of the Lord Jesus.

"As men drifted away from God, all their views became more and more impersonal and they talked of principles, laws, and forces. Hence we find Christian Scientists, Spiritualists and Free Thinkers ignoring a real personal Christ, but running off into a smoky haze of mystified thought in which they harp on the 'Christ Principle' and similar expressions of nonsense. But did we know that the church has committed this same blunder with regard to the Kingdom of God on this earth, making it to consist of a universal spread of impersonal teachings and a conglomerate mass of churchism, instead of the presence of the personal King Himself, upon Whose shoulder the government is laid, and out from Whose person the empire flows?

"Man has unwittingly put the church in the place of the Lord Jesus. There is a continual harping on ‘working for the church,’ ‘being sent out by the church,’ ‘being loyal to the church,’ ‘raising money for the church,’ ‘guarding the interests of the church,’ ‘being consecrated to the church,’ and ‘making great sacrifices for the church.’ All the while our adorable Jesus, Redeemer, Savior, Sanctifier, Healer and coming King, is grieved to His heart to see how the nominal church has usurped His place in the hearts of men, and has assumed His throne and attempted to play the King in His stead.

"If in all the foregoing expressions, the word 'Jesus’ were used instead of the word ‘church’ it would be according to Scripture. This putting the word 'church’ where the word ‘Christ’ ought to be put is anti-christ, for anti-christ does not consist in a particular person, but in a vast multiplied system of the usurpation of the place of Jesus. While anti-christ may head up in some particular office as that of the Pope, yet it is spread out as a ubiquitous thing throughout fallen Christianity."

G. D Watson

2009/3/15 20:09Profile

Re: ANTICHRIST 1

Brother, I appreciated reading this today.

"anti" meaning - "in place of"

I think you've really got me thinking now with this.

Thank you!

2009/3/16 0:04
psalm1

Re:

quote;
"If in all the foregoing expressions, the word 'Jesus’ were used instead of the word ‘church’ it would be according to Scripture. This putting the word 'church’ where the word ‘Christ’ ought to be put is anti-christ,"

Revival automatically remedies this situation.
It is so wonderful to see the King receive his rightful place.
So beautiful to see God's people speaking Jesus,Jesus,Jesus.

When I first experienced revival I was a babe in Christ. I asked a sister "why does everyone keep talking about Jesus? What about God?

2009/3/16 0:32Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
quote;

Revival automatically remedies this situation.
It is so wonderful to see the King receive his rightful place.
So beautiful to see God's people speaking Jesus,Jesus,Jesus.

When I first experienced revival I was a babe in Christ. I asked a sister "why does everyone keep talking about Jesus? What about God?

I have never experienced revival, but in every revival history I've read, Jesus is central. Preaching today is almost entirely about human performance, judeo-christian morality and correct doctrinal opinionation--tangential stuff that avoids the real Subject. Revival will change that.

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:14-15

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me." John 12:32

We don't need an emergent church; we need Jesus emergent in the church.

2009/3/16 20:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy