SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Divorce and Re-marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
rnieman

Re:

On Romans 7:1-3 keep reading until around verse 13 What is the context here?
Is this an attempt to convey the laws of marriage, OR is an analogy that looks back to what has already been said and looks forward to what will be said. The entire law/grace, works/faith, flesh/Spirit, Adam/Christ, death/life, etc...

What about Deuteronomy 24: 1-4
In verse 4: Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is [u][b]ABOMINATION[/b][/u] before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance. [u][i]So God states it's an abomination for a person who is remarried to go back to the original spouse[/i][/u](me in italics)

[u][b]REMEDY FOR ALREADY REMARRIED FOLKS[/b][/u]
In humility, not with a prideful spirit I ask the following question:
Can someone pull from anywhere in scripture where God labels a sin an ABOMINATION(emphasizing God's view of this sin). Only to later or somewhere else in scripture no longer be labeled as sin, and/or an abomination, even further, be said to be the correct path pleasing in God's eyes?

rnieman

2009/3/17 15:24Profile
Dawn10379

Re:

I can't help but wonder if we hold up the love commands as high as divorce/remarriage. It seems we put some things high up and hold fast to them because we are not guilty of them. Yet other things we hold at a distance because we are guilty of those and don't want to deal with our own hearts. It's sad how we are always so concerned about everyone elses sins while we ignore those in our own hearts.

Seems to bring to mind a certain verse...about a certain plank...

2009/3/17 15:28Profile
rnieman

Re:

Just to clarify; I believe someone who has been divorced and remarried is not to split up the second marriage in order to reconcile. Deuteronomy 24:1-4 states this. I believe you would have to repent towards God and ask for mercy and forgiveness. rnieman

2009/3/17 16:38Profile

Re:

I think we've finally found a debate that gets recycled almost as much as the Bible version debate! lol...

Krispy

2009/3/17 16:59
Dawn10379

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I think we've finally found a debate that gets recycled almost as much as the Bible version debate! lol...

Krispy

I agree...it gets tiring to see.

Especially when some people are just regurgitating other peoples convictions and making it LAW for everyone...

2009/3/17 17:12Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Krispy

lol I think we should go back and count... :-)

2009/3/17 17:21Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Even God gives a bill of divorce for the reason of adultery.

Jer 3 v 8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

I am a man married to a woman who was married before. When I was young still at school my Mother came into my room and told me that God had spoken to her and that he wanted me to know something. After telling me what she had to tell me she was going to leave but before she did I asked did he tell you anything else. Yes she said you'll be married to a woman who was married before and has two children.

Around ten years later I married to that woman and I am still married to her. It was Gods plan do you here it, Gods plan for my life.

Is Gods hand shortened that it can't redeem?

Does God have no power to deliver?

Behold, the Lord GOD will help me; who is he that shall condemn me?

2009/3/17 17:57Profile
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re:

Good post savannah , I know that it is okay to remarry after a divorce . The bible does not exspressly prohibit remarrying after a divorce , it just says that someone is an adulterer if they do . It seems to me that the guilty party in the divorce would be the adulterer until they repented and turned from the wickedness { selfishness ] that led to the demise of the divorce, what ever that selfishness [ sin ] may be , it is absolutely forgiveable by Jesus and thereby absolutely absolving the guilty. when the sin is forgiven remarraige is allowable and blest in God's sight .

2009/3/17 18:19Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Divorce and Re-marriage

Every person is to remain in the position that God called them.

1 Corinthians 7:20 says:

Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.

During the time when the Gospel was being preached for the first time, many diverse people from various backgrounds believed the Gospel that was preached to them and were saved; no doubt some were divorced and remarried people with children.

So what are they to do? Divorce the one they are presently married to and seek out their first spouse and remarry that one. Sometimes this is not possible at all; …do to the remarriage of the other spouse or some other sin.

Paul says, in the same chapter a little further on starting in verse 26 – 28 which states:

I suppose therefore that this is good because of the present distress—that it is good for a man to remain as he is: Are you bound to a wife? (meaning - are you married)
Do not seek to be loosed(divorced). Are you loosed(divorced) from a wife? Do not seek a wife.

Verse 28 says: But even if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin(unmarried for the first time) marries, she has not sinned. Nevertheless such will have trouble in the flesh, but I would spare you. - This is the only place I can see a divorce and remarriage (pre-existing condition when called to repentance).

Are you married? Don’t seek a divorce.
Are you divorced, don’t seek a wife, but if you do, you have not sinned.

The point is this all goes back to - 1 Corinthians 7:20 which says:
Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.

Is it possible for a Christian to fall away, and sin and come back to the Lord? Yes it is, and only the Lord can grant true repentance.

My own position before the Lord –
I am divorced and remarried when the Lord called me, but I have not left my marriage to the woman I am married too when the Lord called me to Him. I have not sought to divorce her either because she wasn’t a Christian when I was called. The Lord has since given her repentance as well, and she too is now a Christian.

One more point, I can testify that the Holy Spirit has indeed sealed me, and I know His presence very well.

2009/3/17 18:34Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re:

I believe that God can and does forgive a lot of sins in His church, including divorce and remarriage. This doesn't make divorce and remarriage right, or even acceptable in His eyes though. And how does one know if God will bring them back to repentance when they go out of the Lord's will? I think it shows a person's unrepented condition of their heart when they do so, and it takes a divine act of mercy and forgiveness and God's grace to bring a person back to repentance and restoration, as it was in my case.

2009/3/17 18:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy