SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : So Today I Felt Encouraged...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

So Today I Felt Encouraged...

Needless to say, there has been a lot of bad news in recent times. We hear everyday about the state of our union and the economic turmoil we are facing. The future is often bleak, and the word of God that is going forth, even prophetically, doesn't do much to cheer us up. Indeed, it is hard to find much in the way of encouragement these days when there is so little to be comforted by. But today as I was on a long road trip, I briefly meditated upon an old devotional I gave at church several years ago.

I recall speaking on Mark 11:24, where the Lord says, "...All things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you." Additionally I quoted James 5:16, where the apostle says, "...the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." Meditating on these verses, I thought about all the godly men who have prayed in faith for our land over the years, that it would one day see a great revival. The faith of many of these men would qualify them for the Hall of Fame of Faith should the author of Hebrews have written that epistle in these days. No doubt, he would have made mention of them.

When that revival will come, I don't know. But I live in anticipation of it, because men prayed in faith believing God, and I believe He will be more than happy to answer that prayer. He will not answer their prayer because they were godly or because they had faith, but He will answer their prayer because He is God, and delights in doing such. If the children ask for bread, He will not give them stones, will He?

So today, I felt encouraged...

2009/3/13 23:09Profile
run2win

USA

Re: So Today I Felt Encouraged...

Good word, brother. Very uplifting in these uncertain times. God is on His throne!

Thanks for sharing. :-)

2009/3/13 23:19Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy