Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I Timothy 4: 9-10

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

I Timothy 4: 9-10

What does it mean by this; who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe? I know this is not universalism for many will reject Him. It must mean all people will enjoy Gods salvation in some way without being saved as the saved do. Any help?

2009/3/13 16:22Profile
Logic

Re: I Timothy 4: 9-10

Quote:
wtninChrist wrote:
Any help?

He is all mankinds saviour, but those who are not saved are not because they refuse Him; yes, He is their saviour also.

2009/3/13 20:10Profile

Re:

Yes, I agree with Logic, 100%. Christ, who knew no sin, became sin for the entire human race. However, only those that believe, only those that worship Him as Lord and Savior receive the gift of Salvation. He has provided this gift for all, but only those who accept the gift will receive the gift. The rest will spend eternity in hell, based upon their own works.

[b][color=990000]2 Cor 5:21
21. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.[/color][/b]

[b]John 6:28-29
28. Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29. Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.[/b]

Sincerley,

Walter

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:
wtninChrist wrote:
Any help?

He is all mankinds saviour, but those who are not saved are not because they refuse Him; yes, He is their saviour also.

2009/3/13 22:31
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

Re:

so the text is saying that unbelievers, He is their savior only in a temporal sense. all people benefit from His goodness in the fact that they are not in hell right now as all should be this is a temporal blessing . I know that salvation is indiscriminately offered to all and we reject Him in willingly. He is their savior but not there Lord. Thank you.

2009/3/14 16:06Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
so the text is saying that unbelievers, He is their savior only in a temporal sense. all people benefit from His goodness in the fact that they are not in hell right now as all should be this is a temporal blessing . I know that salvation is indiscriminately offered to all and we reject Him in willingly. He is their savior but not there Lord.

It is interesting that it is even God's grace that all men are able to still walk about and do evil without being immediately judged. The Bible says today is a "day of grace." I have been pondering how we all spend our time, believer or unbeliever. It is mostly used selfishly on ourselves and even the "best" of believers do not acknowledge God truly in everything. Men are daily, hourly, minute by minute rejecting God in their actions, thoughts and words. Oh what opportunity God has given! May we be urgent about men's souls as the eternity value of them surpasses truly anything that can be attained on this earth. Oh to say to Christ in that day that we pointing and directed many to Him.

2009/3/14 16:19Profile
JoanM

Re: Seek Life not death

Quote: “[i]May we be urgent about men's souls as the eternity value of them surpasses truly anything that can be attained on this earth. Oh to say to Christ in that day that we pointing and directed many to Him.[/i]”

Oh YES Greg. I see before me the Cross: could it be any clearer the value He ascribed to quickening the soul, the reconciliation, the Life. And I see us: trading hours of entertainment, church backbiting and gossip, etc., for men's souls.

Oh Greg, to say to Christ in THIS DAY ... each day ...

Oh Father, may we walk in the presence of the Lord in the land of the living. Come and enable your people. Give us this great Grace.

2009/3/14 21:09Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy