SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : THE SACRIFICE?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

THE SACRIFICE?

How are we who live today in 2009 to understand the reason why Christ came to sacrifice Himself for our sins, as well as the sins of humanity, going back to the beginning of time?

We know that He sacrificed Himself for all sin, but only those who accept Him as Lord and Savior, will receive His freewill gift.

It might help if we go back to the Old Testament, The Old Covenant, and look at the Sacrificial system created by God, that is nothing more than a shadow, a picture, a "type" of the final Sacrifice of Jesus Christ in the New Covenant, in the New Testament.

[b]THE OLD COVENANT[/b]

The sacrificial system was established by God in the Book of Leviticus and consists of the following:

[b]Sin offering—Fine Flour, Bull, Lamb, Goat, Dove or Pigeon[/b]
Leviticus 4:5-13; 6:24-30

Forgiveness for what I am—a sinner by nature

The offerers work was to lay hands upon the sacrifice, to become one with it, and thus transfer his sins into the substitute, and kill the animal (slit it’s throat)

[b]Trespass Offering---Ram[/b]
Leviticus 5:14-19; 6:17; 7:1-10

Forgiveness for what I did (or do)—Forgiveness for my SINS- either thoughts or deeds

The offerers work was to lay hands upon the sacrifice, and thus transfer his sins into the substitute, to become one with it, and kill the animal (slit it’s throat)

[b]The two sacrificial offerings ABOVE were mandatory, and all Jews were required to offer the above Sacrifices.[/b]

[b]These two (2) offerings referred to above refer to ATONEMENT[/b]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Following three (3) Sacrifices were [b]VOLUNTARY, and only those Jews who wanted a closer walk with God participated in these Sacrifices.[/b]

[b]Burnt Offering--- Bull, Lamb, Goat, Dove or Pigeon[/b]
Leviticus 1, 6-8-13; 8:18-28

The offerers work was to lay hands upon the sacrifice, and thus transfer his sins into the substitute, to become one with it, and kill the animal (slit it’s throat)

[b]Meal Offering—Fine Flour, oil, salt & frankincense (NO leaven or honey)[/b]
Leviticus 2, 6:14-23; Numbers 15:1-13

The offerers work –give it to the Priest. The Priest then poured it on the altar along with the Burnt offering.

[b]Peace Offering---Bull, Lamb, Goat (no Bird)[/b]
Leviticus 3, 7:11-36; 22:18-30

Thank offering, Vow offering, Freewill offering

These three (3) offerings referred to above refer to [b]WORSHIP, AND WERE VOLUNTARY[/b]

[b][color=990000]THE NEW COVENANT

The Offering is Jesus Christ! [/color][/b]

[b]SIN offering[/b]

Forgiveness for what I am—a sinner by nature---by HIS becoming SIN for me. He takes my Robe (my nature).

The Christian is then Crucified with (in) Christ, Identifying with Him- becoming one with the sacrifice.

He (Christ) gives the Christian HIS Robe.

[b]Trespass Offering---Jesus Christ was the sacrificial offering[/b]

Forgiveness for what I did (or do)—Forgiveness for my SINS—either thoughts or deeds, by taking my SINS on Himself.

The Christian’s work is to Confess AND Repent, Lay SINS on the head of my SUBSTITUTE (Jesus Christ).

[b]The above two offering are MANDATORY[/b]

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[b]The following three offerings are VOLUNTARY[/b]

[b]BURNT Offering—Jesus was the sacrificial offering[/b]

Christ gave himself COMPLETELY to the Father FOR US. He died FOR God, thus is the perfect Son—thereby He accomplished the Father’s will

The Christian’s work is to present ourselves by VOLUNTARILY yielding to His LORDSHIP.

[b]MEAL Offering- Jesus was the sacrificial offering [/b]

Christ always walked in obedience to Father and the Law, because He always yielded to the Holy Spirit. He was anointed WITHOUT MEASURE, thus a REAL MAN—an unblemished human life. Oil IN and ON the fine flour—no leaven or honey, the result= SALT.

The Christian walks in the Spirit—the Holy Spirit produces obedience through the NEW NATURE as we yield. This is the natural consequence of a Spirit filled life—and we become real MEN via His resurrection life in us.

[b]PEACE Offering- Jesus was the sacrificial offering [/b]

Jesus had perfect FELLOWSHIP and COMMUNION with the heavenly Father as a result of His OBEDIENCE. [b]This obedience was the RESULT of a Spirit filled and led walk—NOT the means of producing a Spirit filled walk.[/b]

[b][color=990000]The Christian receives COMMUNION & FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD. TO KNOW HIM—NOT MERELY TO KNOW ABOUT HIM![/color][/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/3/12 13:27
clintstone

tulsa,ok.

Re: THE SACRIFICE?

Jesus , carried our very nature His whole earthly life, it was not just on the cross that he took on our nature, Jesus on the cross was a sin offering , He never became a sinner, or sin itself . The translation that He who knew no sin , became sin for us " should say , He who knew no sin, became a sin offering for us . All the human race was created , just a little lower than angels, as too was Jesus when he humbled Himself and took on our flesh and became a man .

2009/3/13 20:13Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy