SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : I wonder

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wind_blows

I wonder

I have been praying and seeking to know Jesus. I mean really know Him, not just know about Him. I was thinking about when Paul said it's no longer I that live, but Christ who lives in me. I was wondering what that looks like? I wonder what that looks like in action daily walking and seeking to have that heart? I really want to learn to walk in that
Your sis in Him
Elizabeth

2009/3/12 2:59Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: I wonder

I suppose a lot of us can identify with what you are saying.

I've been thinking along the same lines concerning surrender, and how surrendered am I to God, and to His will?

But I suppose we also realise that we haven't 'arrived', whatever that is, scripturally speaking.

But, as Paul says, we press toward the mark.

God bless.

2009/3/12 6:07Profile
HeartSong

Re: I wonder

It means:

Going when you would rather stay and
staying when you would rather go.

Remaining silent when you would rather speak and
speaking when you would rather remain silent.

Giving away that which you would rather keep.

Walking away from loved ones.

Loving your enemies.

Walking away from a meal you just finished preparing.

Leaving behind worldly security and
trusting in that which you can not see.

Changing the way you look.

Changing the way you speak.

Changing the way you think.

Changing the way you eat.

Being set apart.

Counting time as not your own.

Heartbreak.

Being mocked and scorned.

Doing things that seem senseless.

Exchanging earthly pleasures for heavenly treasures.

Freedom from worry.

Freedom from fear.

Singing in the shower.

Blissful sleep.

Adventures galore.

Having your best friend continually with you.

Being loved like you have never been loved before.

Perfect peace.

2009/3/12 7:21Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey

Yes exactly, I want to press in and really learn what it looks like to walk that out daily. I want to have it be more then just words or ideas that I know mentally. I want to have that heart and learn what it looks like in action. I want to know Him personally, fellowship with Him daily moment by moment.

Thanks for your thoughts
your sis in Him
Elizabeth

2009/3/12 11:38Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

Finding this post and seeing that there are others who feel the same, exact way I do is confirmation to me that something is on the horizon. God is getting ready to do something awesome! I am not prophetically speaking, but I have this feeling, deep down.I have felt the same way you all feel for a few weeks now. I have been walking with the Lord for almost 6 years now. But I haven't truly been "walking with Him", if you know what I mean. I have a longing to walk with Him every minute of every day. I have a longing to go deeper in Him. To grow in his love. To get closer to Him than ever before. To get so close that the people I come in contact with don't see me, but they see Him. This is my desire! Praying for all of you to have this also!
In Christ,
Wendy :-)

2009/3/12 12:06Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Wendy

This has been my heart as well. Jesus is so...He is so beyond any words that I can attribute to Him. The depth of His love, the expanse of His mercy, His unyielding faithfulness, His willingness to sacrifice Himself for a sinful creature such as me... For these and so many more reasons I love Him, I long to know Him, to walk with Him, to sit at His feet and listen to His voice.

God Bless
MJ

2009/3/12 17:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy