SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Catholic One World Religion?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Catholic One World Religion?

This morning I turned on the Catholic Channel, EWTN on cable T.V. From time to time I like to see how the progression of the [b]VATICAN PLAN[/b] is in regards to [b]The New World Order and the One World religion[/b] and see how close we are to Armageddon.

[url=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article5705331.ece]Vatican buries the Hatchet with Charles Darwin[/url]

One of the key announcements was that this past week the [b]Vatican sponsored the Darwin anniversary conference[/b]
Posted March 3, 2009 20:26:00
Updated March 3, 2009 21:35:00

The Vatican is sponsoring a five-day conference to mark the 150th anniversary of the publication of Charles Darwin's Origin of the Species.
The subject is the compatibility of evolution and creation.

It is one of two separate international academic conferences being sponsored by the Vatican this year.

They aim to re-examine the work of scientific thinkers whose revolutionary ideas challenged religious belief.

Christian churches were long hostile to Darwin because his theory conflicted with the literal biblical account of creation.

But the Catholic Church never condemned him, with Pope John Paul II saying evolution was "more than a hypothesis".
- BBC

This is another link that will goes into detail about the Vatican embracing Darwinism:
[b]Vatican buries the hatchet with Charles Darwin[/b]

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article5705331.ece

[b]They also have a “Welcome Home” segment, announcing prominent people in the world who have “COME BACK HOME TO CATHOLOCISM”. [/b]

[b]Newt Gingrich is one of those people that was named, that is embracing Catholocism and “coming home to the true church”.[/b]

[url=http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctpolitics/2009/03/gingrich_to_con.html]Newt Gingrich[/url]

[b]The New World Order, and the One World Religion gets closer to us by the day.
[/b]

Sincerely,

Walter

2009/3/9 11:12
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Catholic One World Religion?

The true church is the Holy Catholic Church BUT there is no prefix - 'Roman' is of the world.

You are right, it is not long.

Watch and pray, night and day. As we are digging in the future garden I often look up and picture His return. Glorious sight for Saints but how terrible it will be for sinners.

white stone

2009/3/9 11:42Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings White_Stone

You wrote:The true church is the Holy Catholic Church BUT there is no prefix - 'Roman' is of the world.

Thanks and God Bless
MJ

2009/3/9 12:20Profile

Re:

Walter,

There is a strong protestant/Catholic unity movement going on locally here in Detroit that is leading to a new universalism mindset. The greatest proponents are the emergent church people, and they have crept in unaware to our lukewarm evangelical churches because the pastors are to busy playing games and building their empires to notice. There are Assembly of God "churches" now doing U2 Eucherist,where they listen to songs like "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" while they make a mockery out of the Lord's supper...

2009/3/9 12:56

Re:

Quote:
There are Assembly of God "churches" now doing U2 Eucherist,where they listen to songs like "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" while they make a mockery out of the Lord's supper...

I dont know about these yo-yo's, but I found what I was looking for!

In the past I've been scolded some for saying that it is my firm conviction that the Roman Catholic Church is the "whore" mentioned in Revelation 17. What we see happening now is even further confirmation that this is, in fact, true.

Revelation 17 even gives the geographic location of the great whore... and it is the city of Rome. Whats in Rome? The Vatican.

Krispy

2009/3/9 13:12
White_Stone

North Central Florida

The Holy Catholic Church

cath⋅o⋅lic –adjective
1. broad or wide-ranging in tastes, interests, or the like; having sympathies with all; broad-minded; liberal.
2. universal in extent; involving all; of interest to all.
3. pertaining to the whole Christian body or church.

[url=http://www.theinvisiblechurch.ca/fundamentally/fund3/Fundc23.html]The True Church[/url]

Excerpt: This is the only Church which is truly catholic. It is not the Church of any one nation or people; its members are to be found in every part of the world where the Gospel is received and believed. It is not confined within the limits of any one country, or pent-up within the pale of any particular forms or outward government. In it there is no difference between Jew and Greek, black man and white, Episcopalian and Presbyterian-but faith in Christ is all. Its members will be gathered from north, and south, and east, and west, in the last day, and will be of every name and tongue-but all one in Jesus Christ.

I was NOT speaking of the Roman Catholic Church. That is a corrupted imitation.

Kind regards,
white stone

P.S. Krispy, we have always thought it pointed towards Rome, too.

2009/3/9 17:15Profile

Re: The Holy Catholic Church

Amen Brother Jim. Recently reading this -

http://www.cacradicalgrace.org/conferences/emer/

link found here -

http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/

2009/3/11 15:51
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Jim...

Quote:
There are Assembly of God "churches" now doing U2 Eucherist,where they listen to songs like "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" while they make a mockery out of the Lord's supper...

Are you sure that they were Assembly of God churches? I have read articles about Episcopal churches doing the "U2" thing. I don't know of any Assembly of God church that would ever approve of such a thing -- and the fellowship itself would likely frown upon such a thing. If so, perhaps someone should tell the denomination's leaders about such a ridiculous practice.

:-(

2009/3/11 16:08Profile
theopenlife

Re:

White_Stone, your response about Holy Catholic Church was excellent.

Another explanation is this:

There is only one true body of Christ, known by Him to be regenerated, and all of this body is set apart by grace from the world through justification, and are being sanctified in the faith of Christ out of practiced sin, which is a two-fold holiness.

2009/3/11 20:06Profile

Re:

Quote:
Are you sure that they were Assembly of God churches? I have read articles about Episcopal churches doing the "U2" thing. I don't know of any Assembly of God church that would ever approve of such a thing -- and the fellowship itself would likely frown upon such a thing. If so, perhaps someone should tell the denomination's leaders about such a ridiculous practice.

Unfortunately it is a local AOG church plant in the metro Detroit area (that I have personally vistied). I have talked to the pastor a few times including once about U2 specifically and how they were universalists. I was told that I was narrow minded or something to that effect...

2009/3/11 21:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy