SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : times square church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Even in times of trial and persecution there is still joy in the Lord... could it be that the Lord decided to shed some grace and mercy and joy? We are believers, we are victorious and if we sit around in gloom and doom at the impending judgement of God... well, frankly, I'll go and find me a different faith.

I understand things are bad, and I understand the gravity of the situation... but I am having much more peace and joy and communion in the Lord than I have ever had before in my walk.

There is a time for sadness and crying out to God, but there is also a time for rejoicing. We get out of balance when we ignore either one.

Krispy

2009/3/10 10:37

Re:

Quote:
I understand things are bad, and I understand the gravity of the situation... but I am having much more peace and joy and communion in the Lord than I have ever had before in my walk.

Me too!

Let's be sober to the terrible calamities that are coming upon the land us but let our hearts be fixed on Jesus. He is our joy, strength, and tower of refuge both in life and in death.

-Jim

2009/3/10 10:43
randomname

Re:

REMOVED

2009/3/10 10:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
Should a Christian maintain a smile while walking the streets and seeing literally millions of people whom judgment has allegedly been inevitably pronounced over?

They should stand on the corner and preach the Gospel and pass out tracts to everyone who passes by...

2009/3/10 10:50
randomname

Re:

REMOVED

2009/3/10 10:53Profile

Re:

A Christian should rejoice when being led to rejoice and a Christian should weep when the spirit brings a burden of grief.

This is between the Christian and the Holy Spirit. We're allowed to experience both in relationship but it must be genuine. There's no such thing as an apathetic Holy Spirit, either in a smile or in sorrow. Let it be to each one in relationship with the Lord without being critical of the other. If we know that the brother or sister is a sincere Christian then we must leave room for the Spirit in personal relationship.

2009/3/10 11:00

Re:

If we know anything about David Wilkerson it is that he walked those very streets for years and years for the Lord talking to gang members and those left behind by society. The Church was built on this street ministry. If they have gotten away from where they came from that's one thing, but if there's one Sunday that just didn't feel right I think that's another.

I agree that if it's a continued concern, it should be directed toward TSC. A mark of a sound church is their ability to listen to a broken heart without judgment or condemnation. Just by the way they entreat you in your distress may verify or put to ease your concerns.

2009/3/10 11:08
growingholly

Re:

just to clarify:
"also, if we see in the new testamant and church history, we know that oftentimes persecution involves poverty, and that is ok, because it brings joy to be counted worthy to suffer with Christ" (sorry, i can't figure out how to do the "quote" thing on here..haha)
i said that, not rhodes.

true, i don't want to be too reactionary. but also randomname and others make compelling points.

ultimately, the gospel is a messaage of hope. the only way to get the power of the cross is to be nailed upon it with Christ. i am furious at the deceit of millions and millions by teachings that tickle people's ears. i grieve that their souls are in danger. but: God's perfect will is still perfect. and He did say that they would choose this, they don't wnat to hear that we must get up on the cross with Him, die to self, and worship Him not because of what He can do for "me", but because He is worthy...my heart just breaks with the thought of people going to hell. but it's just a reality. my God is the thrice holy God, AND He is the God of love and compassion.

i have been encouraged as well as admonished by this thread. i will take it all to the Lord, and seek His will.

look, i didn't mean to sound mean or angry. i don't want to be censorious. but our fathers grieved at the loss of souls too. our fathers grieved at the rejection of God's holy ways, the worldliness, within the desires of their own flesh and the desires and actions of the world around them. that's what i'm feeling now, i believe. i just can't handle it that someone is going to curse God and think He lied to them if their bank account fails, all because this guy taught it at a high-profile church.

and i did go to the church last night to talk to them but it was closed. i will try again tonight.

my heart is this: i just want God's truth to be glorified and for people to be truly saved. maybe i have to learn how to bridle my passion, it's so much and i've never had such a fire in me before.

please accept my apology for whatever way i may have sinned in. i'm still confused about some of the posts here. but i'm not confused that Christ is Lord and King and will prevail.

boy, it's sure tough being a toddler again...:-(

***edit*** so i am really convicted of this: i really should have gone to the church first before posting, truly, that was sin. so i confess this before you all. i'm sorry for it and hope to never repeat the error.

2009/3/10 11:31Profile

Re:

My prayers are with you in your convictions. God Bless.

2009/3/10 12:40

Re:

Quote:
Should a Christian maintain a smile while walking the streets and seeing literally millions of people whom judgment has allegedly been inevitably pronounced over?

If there is a time for sadness and crying out to God, as you said, this would be it.

You misunderstood me completely.

Krispy

2009/3/10 12:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy