SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are you known by God?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
run2win

USA

Are you known by God?

To be "known of God" is far more to be desired than to simply "know God."

I have been looking at the Sermon on the Mount, which in closing Jesus says:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Mat8:21-23

His words prompt me to go back into the sermon and deeply seek the truths upon which to build my life and relationship with Him. Verse by verse, this is God, desiring to know me intimately. It is about hearing His words and doing them; it is about letting Him live out His kingdom life in me. It is about my attitude, my heart, my destitution. It is about righteousness, meekness, purity, holiness, and forgiveness. It is about what He wants to do in and through me as He inhabits my body, His temple. I am a lamp; I am a salt shaker, if I am known of God. It is about my thought life, my prayer life, my secret life, my death to self. It is about loving even my enemies; it is about my possessions, about where I place my faith, about where I place my trust; it is about living a transparent life, it is about being real with God and with others; it is about seeking truth; it is about exposing evil. Mostly, it is about ever narrowing my self life, so that the Lord Jesus Christ can be everything in my life. It is about producing the fruit that bears a testament that the Holy Spirit of God dwells within me.

"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me." Ps139:1

Paul places emphasis on this principle in Gal4:9:
"But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God..."

Not to be limited to these passages only, what are your thoughts and insights on being known by God?

2009/3/7 18:16Profile
wtninChrist

Muscle Shoals, AL

Re: Are you known by God?

Praise His name!! It is good to see God work in a persons life. Seek Him and keep seeking Him each day, renouning all thing that do not lead to God. Recongize God as being intimately present within us. Living out your life before Him seeking out His will each day. To know HIm. Is this not what a christian wants? Is this not the heart of a christian? God is good.

2009/3/7 19:19Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy