SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : David Wilkerson just sent this letter out to the world!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

David Wilkerson's Last Sermon ~

http://media.tscnyc.org/wmedia/20090118S1.wma

2009/3/8 16:45
taco

Re:

Be assured that this will not happen, not in 2009 and not in 2010.

I'll bump this next January and the one after to highlight the absence of any fulfillment.

At that point people can say "well God answered our prayers" or "maybe it will happen later".

But I will ask in advance what is the puropse of such prophecies?

Wont happen

2009/3/8 18:20Profile

Re:

Taco vrs David Wilkerson...

I guess we will find out who is speaking for the Lord soon enough.

2009/3/8 18:38

Re: where to learn about what to store & how to do it

[url=http://www.survivalblog.com/]Survival Blog [/url] is the probably the best site as far as 'preppers" are concerned. The author James Wesley Rawles is a good God fearing follower of Jesus, but be aware that some people within the "prepper" community are not followers of Christ. The one great danger I believe, is that when you go to a sober minded site like Survival Blog, or hear a well respected pastor like David Wilkerson gives a "thus saith", its very easy to get wrapped up in fear, I don't care how holy you are, or how robust your prayer life is, how content in Jesus you are, we are all cracked jars of clay, and when the fear gets to gripping you, sometimes it will stumble you. Believe me, I've been there, and fear is hell, faith is Jesus.

neil

2009/3/8 18:47
taco

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Taco vrs David Wilkerson...

I guess we will find out who is speaking for the Lord soon enough.

Do you really think so? If this doesn't come to pass will you really believe that he wasn't speaking for the Lord?

I hope that you are being honest. It's high time that people who claim to respect and believe in the truth got honest with themselves. Benny Hinn prophesied a load of stuff that was going to happen in the 90s including the death of Fidel Castro and the destruction of homosexuals in the US by fire. None of it happened, most posters on this site would (correctly) recognise that whatever else this man may be he is not a prophet.

Now I prefer Wilkerson to Hinn, but will we we be willing to be honest and call a spade a spade when these things don't come to pass?

And they wont come to pass

[edited for grammar]

2009/3/8 18:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

2 audio sermons featured on david wilkersons blog:

[b]Getting Ready for the End of All Things by David Wilkerson[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17121&commentView=itemComments

[b]A Time to Weep and a Time to Fight by David Wilkerson[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17440&commentView=itemComments

2009/3/8 19:06Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Just a side note, but this message actually made it on the front page of the news distribution website known as the [url=http://www.drudgereport.com/]Drudge Report[/url].

I have a great deal of respect for Dave Wilkerson. He was a close friend of Leonard Ravenhill, and his messages are extremely prayer provoking.

I guess time will tell if this message is correct or not. I would encourage the brethren to pray for Wilkerson and the work in New York.

2009/3/8 21:06Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I am in a serious quandary about these doomsday prophecies.

In the 1960s there were riots in the large cities: buildings burned all in the name of civil rights and anti-war demonstrations.

People marched on college campuses, on city halls, schools, streets; youth staged sit-ins on school campuses; people boycotted businesses. Tension was in the air - one did not know who to trust - all in the name of civil rights and anti-war sentiment.

Khrushchev declared they would take over the USA by 1973. It came and went and then it was the USSR which came to naught years later.

Many have prophesied calamities would befall the world with the turn of the century - Y2K, but it didn't.

Presidents come and go. When John F. Kennedy was running for the presidency in 1960 great fear fell upon Christians of what would happen to religious freedom if a Catholic man became president.

Richard Nixon won a second term in a landslide election that was unusual only to have it wrest from him within months (I think the time is right - I am writing from memory).

I mistrust Obama, but so did I Bill Clinton....

Many prophets have prophecied doom but it never happened the way they said it would but differently...

While I feel lots of unease, how can I be certain this is based on reality and not on fear or political rhetoric, given our country's history of violence? Sure I know the stimulus package is beyond absurd ....

So, we are urged to stockpile necessities - so what if this has been your lifestyle all these years? We can, freeze foods, make my own laundry soap; have food in our pantry..don't have a crank radio, though. And if we have these things, what will happen to them? Will people rob and steal from us? Then what?

I have more questions and the answers are a long time a-coming...reckon it would help some if I would not be so old??? :-(

Maybe one will just have to live one day at a time and know that if evil befalls us, God will be there to give us wisdom to deal with it...

ginnyrose

2009/3/8 21:31Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Be assured that this will not happen, not in 2009 and not in 2010.

I'll bump this next January and the one after to highlight the absence of any fulfillment.

At that point people can say "well God answered our prayers" or "maybe it will happen later".

But I will ask in advance what is the puropse of such prophecies?

Wont happen

Taco,

The prophet Jeremiah was confronted by another that directly contradicted what he had prophesied. And in the spirit of Jeremiah's answer I would say the same thing....

May you be right. It is my hope that none of these terrible things come to pass. But know this; all the prophets in the Scriptures including Christ said that in the last days things would be so frightful that men's hearts would fail them from fear. Terrible judgments would fall according to them.

What Bro Wilkerson has said is definately strong. What you have said is the same. I hope you are right. But if they do come to pass are you going to do the same thing and revisit this topic with a retraction of what you've prophicied instead of an 'I told you so'?

Blessings,
Jeremy Hulsey

2009/3/8 22:31Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Who are we to say what God will, or will not, do. All I know is that the Lord has said:

James 5:16
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I have no doubt that the Lord keeps His promises, for He is a covenant keeping God. I am equally convinced that it has been the prayers of the saints that has stayed His hand in many things that have happened in the past.

We must not fear. We must pray.

2009/3/8 22:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy