SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Loss of Parental Authority

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Loss of Parental Authority

Pray one for another - Gird up our own hearts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox news reported...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...-erode-rights/

"Sen. Barbara Boxer is pushing the Obama administration to move forward with ratification of the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child, a controversial treaty that has never gained much support in the U.S."

From Parentalrights.org so you can get a grasp on what this would do...

http://www.parentalrights.org/index....-CA574A3228F0}

Quoted...

"....
What you must know about the
20 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW

Ten things you need to know about the structure of the CRC.

It is a treaty which creates binding rules of law. It is no mere statement of altruism.
Its effect would be binding on American families, courts, and policy-makers.
Children of other nations would not be impacted in any direct way by our ratification.
The CRC would automatically override almost all American laws on children and families because of our Supremacy Clause.
The CRC has some elements that are self-executing, while others would require implementing legislation. Federal courts would have the power to determine which provisions were self-executing.
The Courts would have the power to directly enforce the provisions that are self-executing.
Congress would have the power to directly legislate on all subjects necessary to comply with the treaty. This would constitute the most massive shift of power from the states to the federal government in American history.
A committee of 18 experts from other nations, sitting in Geneva, has the authority to issue official interpretations of the treaty which are entitled to binding weight in American courts and legislatures. This effectively transfers ultimate authority for all policies in this area to this foreign committee.
Under international law, the treaty overrides even our Constitution.
Reservations, declarations, or understandings intended to modify our duty to comply with this treaty will be void if they are determined to be inconsistent with the object and purpose of the treaty.

Ten things you need to know about the substance of the CRC.

Parents would no longer be able to administer reasonable spankings to their children.
A murderer aged 17 years, 11 months and 29 days at the time of his crime could no longer be sentenced to life in prison.
Children would have the ability to choose their own religion while parents would only have the authority to give their children advice about religion.
The best interest of the child principle would give the government the ability to override every decision made by every parent if a government worker disagreed with the parent’s decision.
A child’s “right to be heard” would allow him (or her) to seek governmental review of every parental decision with which the child disagreed.
According to existing interpretation, it would be illegal for a nation to spend more on national defense than it does on children’s welfare.
Children would acquire a legally enforceable right to leisure.
Teaching children about Christianity in schools has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC.
Allowing parents to opt their children out of sex education has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC.
Children would have the right to reproductive health information and services, including abortions, without parental knowledge or consent."

2009/2/26 22:24
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Loss of Parental Authority

This would be intolerable without Jesus.

I am speechless. . .

2009/2/26 22:36Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

This is absolute nonsense! Come, Lord Jesus, Come!

2009/2/27 8:47Profile
HeartSong

We have been trading away the birthright of our children. Exchanging that which is eternal for momentary pleasure. Slowly giving up our rights to instruct our own children in an attempt to gratify the lusts of the flesh - which are never satisfied. We have been turning them over to Satan.

2009/2/27 10:50Profile
rreighe

i want you to know that i get sarcastic.... fyi.

Quote:
This would constitute the most massive shift of power from the states to the federal government in American history

hmm... hey guys lets get ready for that shift to happen all the way up to the UN... oh btw this is also getting us closer to the 1WG (1 world gov)

Quote:
Parents would no longer be able to administer reasonable spankings to their children.

funny, we all dislike pain. even me, but what in the heck are we supposed to do? come on little georgy smith, i want to ground you. is it ok? "no mommy no!" mommy says dang.

Quote:
A murderer aged 17 years, 11 months and 29 days at the time of his crime could no longer be sentenced to life in prison.

can you make the life and maturity side of life any more legalized? in other words can you put more documentation on life? that human will be around the age and maturity of 18 so they are close enough.

Quote:
Children would have the ability to choose their own religion while parents would only have the authority to give their children advice about religion.

oh yes, lets make Jesus illigal. i'm starting to feel a bit rebellious here. anyone else? eh? heh?

next line please!

Quote:
The best interest of the child principle would give the government the ability to override every decision made by every parent if a government worker disagreed with the parent’s decision.

No one knows children like the government! please don’t try to tell me i don’t know my kid as well as some ruthless nieve congressman. oh congresswoman, i'm sorry for being intolerant.

Quote:
A child’s “right to be heard” would allow him (or her) to seek governmental review of every parental decision with which the child disagreed.

"dear congress man or woman,
my mother wont stop punishing me for really stupid reasons. she got angry with me because i wouldn't want to listen to her when she told me to eat. so i didn't eat and then she tried to spank me. please help me i am being abused. and that isn't even mentioning her love for some thing she can't even see.
Maxwell smith, your friend Gregory’s brother."

"dear Maxwell,
it is ok. you don’t have to listen to your mommy, she is just there to feed you because i can't because i am busy off caring for other people. btw when is your birthday?"

NEXT PLEASE!

Quote:
According to existing interpretation, it would be illegal for a nation to spend more on national defense than it does on children’s welfare.

*just a side note, i really don’t have anything to say about this one.* other than... wait. hmm... the whole country or a section of people? hmm should we split up yet another group of people to further marginalize our system? so what is it now? black white Mexican ect. strait homosexual or in-between. Christian Muslim Buddhist. tolerant or intolerant. UNabsolute truth or wrong... what next? oh abused kids who get punished or everyone else?

Quote:
Children would acquire a legally enforceable right to leisure.

what in the hell am i doing right now? oh yeah... they think i am doing my homework (just kidding it is Friday night)
"dear congress man or women,
my mom wont let me take off of school for a week. i hate it and want to just stop it for a while"
"wow Maxwell and Gregory you seem to be having a tough time with your parents. wish granted from your almighty one who really knows what you want."

Quote:
Teaching children about Christianity in schools has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC.

Muslims? Buddhist? Latter day saints? Satanist? Satanic? atheism? agnotism? Witch Craft? oh I’m sorry all of those are ok but as soon as you say Jesus, it's over baby.

Quote:
Allowing parents to opt their children out of sex education has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC.

"dear congress man or women, who is obviously not like my mom with fairy tales and doesn't know me,
my mom is now trying to make me miss class while they teach about sex! all of my freinds talk about it like they have had it and my mom isn't even letting me learn about it?"
"just look it up on the internet. well send a report to your mother nicely asking her to listen to us because we know what is right for you"
*1 week later*
[i]dear miss or mister Smith,
if you fail to comply with our CRC rules and regulations... we will ban you either temporary or permanently from ever having contact with your son(s) and there is another copy of this which we would highly, recommend, per se, that you show you children(s) instead of this one. they will tell us.[/i]

Quote:
Children would have the right to reproductive health information and services, including abortions, without parental knowledge or consent.

meaning a kid can [i](deleted)[/i] get pregnant and the parent not have a clue? and not be able to do a thing about it because they would basically have no clue what is going on in their kid's life? meaning they had no choice of letting their kid learn about the thing that told them about the way to get the problem in the first place? and yet they are being forced to let their kid go through with murder, by the small chance they even know about it? whoa. that is a lot to take in.

2009/2/27 18:30Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

rreighe,

We would kindly ask you to clean up your language a bit. Sarcasm is not productive in the forums, and loose language is not tolerated for very long. If you have any questions on what is permitted here and what is not, please send a moderator a PM.

Thank you.

2009/2/27 18:36Profile
rreighe

Re:

dude remember, wwjd? hmm, J (i dont want to get sued for saying jesus, oops, dang. it's ok New Age is of this world and Jesus will pwn the world in about probably from the moment we get tooken up... anways) would rip that paper up and be like, "did you even read what i said? did you even at least look at what my Dad gave moses like 3 thousand plus years ago? thou shalt not kill, murder, disobey mom and dad? oh wait you put stuff before me, dont worry you will pay. or wait yeah... better yet, start worrying now."

but i kinda humanized Jesus for a bit but yeah that is probably a scriptual idea of what J would do with modern use of the language English.

2009/2/27 18:37Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

The links did not work, but I got the gist of them by reading what was written in your post. This is absolutely absurd, but would I expect any less from politicians?

Remember, God is sovreign.

2009/2/27 19:04Profile

Re:

Could fix the links I suppose, but probably the points been made by the gist, as you've said fuehrerbe21.

Didn't mean for this to cause such 'words'.

Rather than remove the Websites that we admire, that some of us have within our signatures, it would be better if we posted as they would and in a manner that well represents those websites.

Pray one for another. Thank you!

2009/2/28 17:23
rreighe

Re:

ok i'm sorry. i was just not thinking i guess. i pretty much understand what is allowed in the forums. it wont happen again.

i sent you a pm...

2009/2/28 22:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy