SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gut Feelings

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Krispy and all,

I don't believe I'm living in lala land (some may say so), but I do not feel any sense of dread. Ok, well, I do when I watch the news which is why I quit watching Glenn Beck. As good as he is, I could feel panic rising within me when I watched him.

Now, I am not saying do not get out of debt and/ or don't grow a garden. Hey, we should do all we know to do.

I love history but there is not any other time I would rather be living... call me crazy but I'm getting excited! :-D

2009/2/26 15:56Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Matt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Matt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect

In other words, four times in 21 verses, Jesus specifically warns us against deception in this period of the close of the age.

So, Jesus warns us four times against deception. Anybody who shrugs off that warning or treats it lightly does so at the risk of his own soul. The greatest single danger in this end time is not sickness, nor poverty, nor persecution nor a finicial collapse. It is deception.

2009/2/26 16:31Profile
rreighe

Re: yeah....

i have a minor burden on my (st pauls, the decepted church) and a few people i know well-ish and i have been feeling the urge to evangelize or something before i even became a true saved christian.

also as for the gardens and stuff i wouldn't so much worry about it a whole lot (you need to remember i am 17 though and i dont even know about politics or the economy so.... yeah...)

and yes even sense i started learning about the end times there has been an increasing burden.

but above most of it all i am quite content. i cry every once in a while becuase i get scared for people i know who might not see heaven but yeah...

it saddens me because i know where alot of people are going but on the other side of the coin i am happy that God finaly got to me. but it also helped that i have been looking for him for some time now.

2009/2/26 17:55Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

[b][size=x-large]Fear Not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee[/size][/b]

2009/2/26 18:56Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Brother Colin,

You have a winner with this post! I feel I should copy it to my card file and carry it around with me. With times as they are it would be more valuable than gold to have those verses engraved upon your heart.

Thank you for posting,
white stone

2009/2/26 21:20Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Am I missing somthing? I haven't had that feeling either, maybe I haven't been paying attention or have missed the significance of things. I am concerned however, about the rapid decline of the authority of the bible...

2009/2/26 21:50Profile

Re: Gut Feelings

Quote:
Matt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Matt 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect

In other words, four times in 21 verses, Jesus specifically warns us against deception in this period of the close of the age.

So, Jesus warns us four times against deception. Anybody who shrugs off that warning or treats it lightly does so at the risk of his own soul. The greatest single danger in this end time is not sickness, nor poverty, nor persecution nor a finicial collapse. It is deception.

Amen to this Brother. With all the talk about the world needing "a" man to solve all of it's problems and the Maitreya, all of these non-Biblical 'the coming christ' announcements, the sudden quantum leap to 'christ-consciousness' nonsense, Etc - this post is right on target.
Thank you!

2009/2/26 22:39
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

I also have a sense that black clouds are rolling in and the wind is beginning to howl.

Reading the headlines, it is hard to avoid the conclusion that God is punishing America by depriving our leaders of their wits; that he has judged us for our godlessness by afflicting our wisemen with confusion and madness. That may sound like political satire, or sarcasm, but it's not. How else do we explain a man of Barack Obama's intelligence thinking that he can make the country richer by printing more money? Or Bush's lunatic adventure in Iraq? Or the bailout package in which government borrowed $700 billion from the banking sector in order to lend $700 billion to the banking sector? Or giving Israel $4 billion a year in military aid and then pledging $1 billion for Palestinian reconstruction, so we can rebuild facilities that Israelis destroy with bombs that we provide? What kind of lunatics finance both sides of a war and then call for "peace talks?"

Collective insanity on this order of magnitude cannot be explained in terms of run-of-the-mill government corruption and incompetence. There is something very strange happening in Washington DC. It's as if the Gadarene legion that drove the Bush administration to madness has entered the new administration and is driving them in the same direction.

The destruction of American hegemony was probably necessary for the establishment of a world government under the Beast, and so might be taken as yet another sign of the times. And like Lysa, I am not despondent, but excited.

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

2009/2/26 23:48Profile
menderofnets

South Yorkshire, UK

Re:

Who are the only people in the world who have a true reason to rejoice in the midst of suffering, true strength in persecution, true wisdom amongst worldly 'enlightenment', true convictions of the Spirit rather than right to opinion, a living hope in a world of false ones, a sure inheritance rather than 'whatever you can get yourself', something worth living (and indeed dying) for rather than mere existence?

Who went out before the army of the Lord in OT times? Worshippers!

If we are burdened, let it by for the Lord. But do not give up hope - God IS working His purposes out!

2009/2/27 3:28Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Gut Feelings

colin, jlosinski, menderofnets, and wayneman - woo hoooo - amen!!
I didn't mean to leave anyone else out!

We can know what is going on around us without being all down in the mouth about it. Christ is truly on the horizon. What the Lord has been showing me and trying to get through my thick skull is, [b]if we don't own anything - there will be no fear of losing it[/b] (and it is the same with our bodies).

Therefore don’t be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord,
nor of me His prisoner,
[i][size=medium]but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling,[/size][/i]
not according to our works,
but according to His own purpose and grace
which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,
2 Timothy 1:8

What an invitation!!

[size=medium]For this reason I also suffer these things,
but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed
and I am convinced that He is able to guard
what I have entrusted to Him until that day.[/size]
2 Timothy 1:12

Let the word of God be true and every man a liar!! Amen?

2009/2/27 5:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy