SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Least of these . . . .

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rooster

The Least of these . . . .

“Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail” (Amos 8:4) --- An ancient Prophecy aimed at a one time World leader asserting the sad state of affairs in the Nation shortly before its fall. However, there is a more subtle form of aggression that can be vested on the needy and poor, and that malefactor is apathy. Apathy towards the disenfranchised of our society is grievous to God, especially when we stamp the currency with the superscription: “In God We Trust”.
The apostle Paul writes to Timothy that Scripture is given to us as to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. Another prophet, Micah, penned these words: “He has shown thee o man what is good and what the Lord requires of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God”. Apathy towards the “image” of the Creator invariably mirrors apathy towards the Creator himself. Without reservation, God does not like to be ignored nor to be disrespected, and I think it is safe to say, neither do the poor.
In essence, America has been Great because America has been Good. When America ceases to be good, that is, ceases its practice of altruism towards its most vulnerable, America will cease to be Great.
In this election year, let us vote for the Presidential Candidate who will “do” the most for the least.
"He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD." (Jeremiah 22:16)
"The scoundrel's methods are wicked, he makes up evil schemes to destroy the poor with lies, even when the plea of the needy is just." (Isaiah 32:7)
"The LORD enters into judgment against the elders and leaders of his people: It is you who have ruined my vineyard; the plunder from the poor is in your houses. What do you mean by crushing my people and grinding the faces of the poor?' declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty." (Isaiah 3:14-15)
. . . . I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. (Jesus)

2004/8/7 7:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy