SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Forums hopefully working and fixed..

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Forums hopefully working and fixed..

Saints,

Over the last 3 days there have been alot of problems with the forums and other parts of the site. I think I have rectified some of the problems but am still working on fixing everything.

thanks for your patience during this time, this is all part of the growing pains of the site as the traffic is increasing and more people are being blessed by these sermons.

As part of the solution I have had to put the sql database on a private server which costs a monthly amount. Thank you for your prayers and support.

2009/2/21 12:40Profile

Re: Forums hopefully working and fixed..

Praise the Lord that the forums are back up. :-)

2009/2/21 12:54
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Praise the Lord that the forums are back up.:-)

AMEN!

ginnyrose

2009/2/21 13:12Profile
HeartSong

What a blessing it is to have the forums running again. For myself, this has been a time of reflecting on just how much the Lord uses this website to instruct, admonish, and edify.

While hopefully many are praying for Greg Gordon and SermonIndex, we are also instructed to back up our prayers by practical application, as led by the Lord, for that which we have prayed.

As the Lord enables, please consider making a donation to help financially support this website.

Canadian Revival Fellowship
PO Box 584, REGINA SK, CANADA, S4P 3A3
1-800-273-7273

Please mention that the donation is for the support of the ministry of Greg Gordon and SermonIndex.net

EDIT: I just found this Donation Link for PayPal

Donate to SermonIndex via PayPal

2009/2/21 14:04Profile

Hey big guy.....your a blessing. The Lord will equip and enable that which He has intitiated. I am sure your peace has been tempted in the last few days, maybe not :) God bless you.......Frank

2009/2/21 15:28

Re:

Quote:
The Lord will equip and enable that which HE has intitiated.

Yes - that surely is Scriptural.

Thank you Sermon Index.

Father, Thank You for seeing this need and meeting it - to Your Glory Christ Jesus, Amen.

2009/2/21 16:03

Re:

Quote:

HeartSong wrote:
What a blessing it is to have the forums running again. For myself, this has been a time of reflecting on just how much the Lord uses this website to instruct, admonish, and edify.

While hopefully many are praying for Greg Gordon and SermonIndex, we are also instructed to back up our prayers by practical application, as led by the Lord, for that which we have prayed.

As the Lord enables, please consider making a donation to help financially support this website.

Canadian Revival Fellowship
PO Box 584, REGINA SK, CANADA, S4P 3A3
1-800-273-7273

Please mention that the donation is for the support of the ministry of Greg Gordon and SermonIndex.net

EDIT: I just found this Donation Link for PayPal

Donate to SermonIndex via PayPal

Yes, sister Laura, that was also something that I was thinking of...thank you for your post.

2009/2/21 18:02
HeartSong

Re:

Something that I found interesting was the fact that just the forums went down. The audio, text, and video sermons were all still accessible.

Then I started contemplating how much time I spend on the forums - and compared it to how little I give back in relation to that which I have been given. Is it possible that God was warning us that we need to support that which He has so freely provided? When He gives us a house, we spend money to maintain it. When He gives us children, we put out money to feed and clothe them.

I shake my head in wonder at how willingly we put forth cash for electricity, and telephones, and internet service - but how tight fisted we become in giving to things which edify Him. Somehow we get into the mode of thinking that He should just give us everything for free.

But there is a problem here. The money also belongs to Him. He has given us the money that we have, and it is meant to flow through us unto others. I keep getting this vision of a stagnant pool - if we allow that which He gives to flow out, He will bring forth a fresh inflow. But if we try to hold on to that which He gives, just keeping it for ourselves, it will just stagnate - like in a pool of standing water. Becoming infested and putrid, and eventually drying up for lack of fresh provision.

As I write this, I am having to apply these concepts to myself.

:-(

2009/2/22 15:38Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

I like the revised format for the forums. It looks a lot [i]less[/i] like the 'main' thing on the site. Just the look gives a different feel.

:-)

2009/2/24 11:31Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I really do like the new feature on Sermon Index of being able to highlight the scripture verses in the threads, and reading the actual scriptures. This is both helpful and convenient.

Mike

2009/2/24 12:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy