Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Representatives of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Representatives of Christ

Representatives of Christ

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The last view of our Lord which is given us in this Gospel is Christ on earth, surrounded by His disciples; and the last accents of His blessed voice which are recorded contain the assurance of His presence with us unto the end of this dispensation.

The truth which is thus impressed on us is that our Lord, although ascended and seated at the right hand of the Father, is still on earth, that in His disciples He continues His work and mission, that His Church is identified with Him, that through His believers, as the members of His body, He exerts His power and manifests His grace among nations of the world. The Church is the representative and the continuation of Christ.…
In coming down from heaven He never left the Father, and in going up to heaven He never left the Church.
As Christ was sent by the Father, so is the Church sent by Christ.… As Christ was, so are we in the world.… How clear and wonderful is the position of the Church on earth! She is sent, she is entrusted with a high mission, she has only one aim and object—to represent, imitate, obey Christ; nay, more than this, one with Christ by the Holy Ghost, Christ dwelling in her by faith, it is Christ whose testimony is to be heard through her, whose energy and love saves, gathers, comforts, and builds up the souls of men unto eternal life.

A. Saphir, Great Sermons on the Resurrection of Christ

2009/2/17 4:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy