SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can God's blessing be a disapointment?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
growingholly

Re:

well, i've read your posts on this in a couple threads, and i thought i would post in here, being a girl and all...look, it has to be God. i agree with all these who say NOT to do this if it isn't God. if it really is God telling you to marry her, He will make it clear. proverbs 31 warns men about attraction being a factor though: charm is deceitful, and beauty is meaningless, but the woman who fears the Lord, she is to be praised. the right woman will be a true warrior of Christ, a battle partner for you to come alongside you and serve you. (that is also in proverbs 31, usually translated "excellent" or "virtuous") maybe she'll be beautiful, maybe she won't. but that is really irrelevant, as all that fades anyways. who is she in Christ? does she love the Lord with all her heart, all her soul, all her strength? is she going to serve you as a way to serve her God? i encourage you (and all single men) to listen to denny kenaston's hidden woman sermon and find a woman like that and marry her. don't settle for anything less than God's design. but whether you are attracted to her or not simply doesn't matter. whoever He tells you to marry, (when He is really telling you and not your heart, krispy nailed that one right on the head) she will not be a disappointment, she will be your called bride and blessing from God Himself. obedience is always a blessing in some and often many forms. recall ruth and boaz. the Word does not tell us ruth was pretty, and we know that boaz was older, and that he commented at her affection for him versus someone younger (i.e. more attractive). but God blessed and honored them; they saw Christ in one another.
be sure, DO NOT rush into any marriage. this is your biggest ministry for the whole rest of your life. when it's of Him, He'll let you know. He is always faithful.
plus, seems to me you may not be ready for this in general; marriage is about serving Christ by serving the other person. have you considered her through this? maybe you did and just didn't post about it. i'd encourage you to give it some thought. i don't say that to be mean, but rather as an observation.
:-)
best to you, friend.

2009/2/22 20:18Profile
growingholly

Re:

sorry, please afford me one other quick thought, from a woman's heart. being a woman in a marriage where the man doesn't love you, thinks you're ugly, just married you grudgingly because of whatever reason...is torture. i have a friend in this very scenario right now and she is miserable. also, i personally have been the girl who was too ugly to marry. i beg you, please, please don't do that to this girl. put her out of her misery, cut her loose, you'll both be better for it. treat your neighbor as yourself. how would you feel if a woman married you and didn't want to, if you knew she thought you were ugly and didn't want to be with you (and somewhere deep down, this girl knows that is how you feel about her, whether or not she will admit it)? it would hurt you terribly all the days of your marriage, knowing she felt forced into it. please have compassion for this girl and don't marry her with this heart. unless God changes your heart to commit joyfully to love her and lay down your life for her, do not disrespect the marriage covenant in this way and also destroy a woman. i plead with you from a God-loving woman's perspecitve.
please take my words with love for you and for her. :-)

2009/2/23 10:10Profile
shy1

Re:

did u fix ur problem r currently single :-D

2009/4/9 13:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy