SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can God's blessing be a disapointment?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Santana

Can God's blessing be a disapointment?

Have you ever heard of a situation where God led a man to be with a woman he has absolutely no interest, attraction, or care for? (In 2009 America)

Where would this voice be coming from? =)

2009/2/16 15:45Profile
roadsign

Re: Would God lead a man to marry a woman he didn't care for?

Santana, do you mind sharing why you are asking this question. Is it an issue in your life right now? Are you wondering how to discern God's will in your situation?

Diane

2009/2/16 15:51Profile
Santana

Re:

I actually sent you an email but I'm banging my head against the wall thinking about the worst right now. Can God's choice/decision/blessing be a disapointment?

2009/2/16 16:09Profile

Re:

Hi brother,

Have you listened to Keith Daniel's table talk discussion with young people:
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=17989&commentView=itemComments

I thought it contained some very helpful advice for young people in the area of courtship and marriage.

2009/2/16 16:46
HeartSong

Re: Can God's blessing be a disapointment?

Quote:
Have you ever heard of a situation where God led a man to be with a woman he has absolutely no interest, attraction, or care for?

If I remember correctly, this is the way that Art Katz felt about his wife Inger before he married her. It was in his book Ben Israel. For him, it was a matter of doing the right thing before God - or rather, that which the Lord would have him to do.

2009/2/16 16:50Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

I am certain many a disappointment has turned into a blessing. Could it be your perspective that is turned around?

Go slow, wait and see what comes.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/2/16 17:56Profile

Brother,

First off bro, stop listening to voices in your head.

Secondly,

God gives you the desires of you heart. I say this emphatically, God would not lead you to marry a woman that you do not desire to be with.

If you don't mind I am going to pm you and share with you my own story of how I met my wife....

2009/2/16 21:16

Re:

Santana... were you not on here a couple weeks ago asking our advice about whether or not to marry a certain girl? If that was you, and you're now asking this question... my advice to you is [b]stop[/b]. Save this girl a lot of grief and dont marry her. There is no rush. You might know later on you are to marry her... but if getting married causes so much chaos in your soul, then dont do it.

Whats the worst that can happen if you dont get married right now? You pay more taxes?

Save this girl a lot of potential heartache and put getting married on the back burner. Devote yourself and your time study and prayer. Go on a missions trip. Scoop out soup at soup line somewhere.

But dont get married if you're this conflicted in your soul.

I will not advise anyone on this forum to get married, but I will certainly advise against it if it seems prudent to do so.

On the last thread you started about this someone came on and told you to just charge right into getting married... ignore the advise you were getting... and "trust God". Well, I told you just the opposite then, and I am saying it again, my brother. I do agree with the "trust God" part, but what this other dude was telling you to do was "trust your heart", not God. And the heart is desperately wicked.

Trust the Lord by waiting on Him to give you peace about this, one way or another.

Krispy

2009/2/17 8:01
shy1

hi Santana just wanted to say i agree with Krispy if ur nt sure of this person then dont take that big step of getting married meet people and get know them first before thinking of marriage perhaps god is sending you a message, do you mind me asking hw long u been with this person?

2009/2/17 9:02Profile
run2win

USA

I'm with those who caution you against moving forward with this relationship. I strongly advise PRUDENCE. My counsel, based upon God's Word:

Exercise prudence:

"I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and I find knowledge and discretion." Proverbs 8:12

God's word tells us that wisdom dwells with prudence; they are interrelated:

Prudence: 1.the ability to govern and discipline oneself by the use of reason; 2.caution or circumspection as to danger or risk

This verse shows us that wisdom finds (inferring a search) both knowledge and discretion. You will be given a generous portion of wisdom if you request it of God in faith with right motives.

Wisdom: SOPHIA: insight into the true nature of things

Pray for wisdom, Brother, and do it in faith. (James 1:5-6) Also, read James 3:13-18.
God's Word is truth. Keep searching the Scriptures. Test every spirit and every voice in the light of God's Word. I will pray for you.

2009/2/17 10:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy