SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : ah.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MattC

Cali.

ah.

well here i am once again, not just at this site, but in much confusion about my walk (if i even dare to call it that).

question-i want to change, but i dont know what to do. i dont know if i should change myself, or be who i am, and let christ change me. what i mean is, do i be myself who does not know how to walk in the spirit, or do i try anyway to walk in the spirit even tho i dont know how, i dont know if this makes any sense. but i dont konw what to do. this is so hard.

another thing. i met this girl and its like i really like her shes not a christian, but i really like her really really like her, i know it doesnt make snese if i want to follow christ and if i want him to be the center of my life, why cant i just let her go. but its like, im not gonna be perfect, im gonna make mistakes, and maybe shell change, maybe god will work in her heart. but its like i feel that i have to let her go give up on it. and its like why, i hear all kinds of stories of people doing things dont dont really line up with scripture and god worked in that situation.

and im thinking maybe i need to make these mistakes in order to learn, i dont know. i dont understand.

i dont kow if this is bad but i find it so unfair, i mean we didnt ask to be born into this sinful world, and so many people dont have christ i mean it says in the bible that few are going to make it into the kingdom of god. it seems totally unfair, people have to spend an eternity in hell. what the heck. why cant god save everyone. why didnt he prevent the fall. why couldnt he have made everything perfect from the begining. i mean he is god. im sorry im not trying to do anything except express my concerns or questions. ahh!

2009/2/13 11:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: ah.

"Circumstances may appear to wreck our lives and God's plans, but God is not helpless among the ruins. Our broken lives are not lost or useless. God's love is still working. He comes in and takes the calamity and uses it victoriously, working out His wonderful plan of love." Eric Liddell

2009/2/13 12:38Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

matt,
1. Follow hard after God.. align yourself up with what scripture says. God promised that is Spirit would lead us to truth, so God will do what he promised. Follow your convictions on things, but align your convictions to the word of God. and Be PATIENT

2. If your conviction is to let her go, then let her go.. and dont worry about other people and their service to God.. if God's word says not to be unequallly yoked, then dont do it.. trust God's word.. it will be a tough battle.. but trust God's word.

3. last, do not put your concepts of fairness, on God. Men do not deserve God's grace, all men desreve justice for thier sins..In truth if God was fair all men would be in hell.. But since God is a God of mercy and Grace he has and is and will save a people for Himself thru the work of Jesus Christ
--God did make everthing Good in the begining.. But it seems that anything that is created has the possiability of falling..
--- "why didnt he prevent the fall."
the scripture says to leave the hidden things of God, with God, so matt leave this question with God sovereignty, and God's goodness, and trust in God's son for your salvation..
last thing.. Take a bible, go to a quite place and wrestle with God...

love andy

2009/2/13 12:41Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Matt,

You asked a lot of questions. I don't claim to have all the answers to your questions, but I'll give you what Biblical advice I can.

I would suggest first of all to be in fervent prayer over these things. Study scripture and focus on God.

You say you want to change. I am of the persuasion that we are not of the ability to change, it is only the power of the Spirit in us that enables to change. This means we need to be in constant prayer asking for the power of God to work in us (Phil. 4:13). It is in Christ that we can do all things.

The question you asked regarding "being yourself" - I have this to offer.

Quote:
Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? 3Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. Romans 6:1-3

Also don't forget that just because something may be permitted does not mean it is profitable. Something may not violate the law, but it does not mean we should do it.

Regarding the girl. Scripture says that we should put no other gods before God. Do not create an idol out of this girl and place her above God. If she is an unbeliever, do not fall into the deception of "missionary dating." Do not think that you can convert this girl if you start dating her. Think of it this way. Imagine you are standing on a chair. The girl you like is on the floor next to you. Now, imagine trying to pull her up with you on the chair. This is not an easy task. Now imagine this same scenario, instead, the girl tries to pull you down. It will be much easier for her to pull you off that chair than for you to pick her up with you. This analogy is meant to illustrate what it is like for you to try to "save" a girl through dating. (I got this idea from the book "I kissed dating goodbye" - not my own idea)

Quote:
and im thinking maybe i need to make these mistakes in order to learn, i dont know. i dont understand.

Why would you knowingly make a mistake to learn a lesson from it? If you know it is a mistake already, you do not need to commit the act to know it was a mistake.

The last paragraph is loaded with some very heavy questions. These need to be discussed, in person, with someone who is a mature believer. Someone who is wise and knowledgeable in the Word of God. I like what has been said already regarding those questions. If it were not for God's grace, our just God would damn all men to an eternity in Hell.

I hope this helps a little. Pray about this. Seek answers in scripture - not from men. Find a mature believer who can mentor you in these things.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk further. I'll pray for you brother.

2009/2/13 15:44Profile
MattC

Cali.

these were refreshing, kinda like i got a new breath of something, like idk kinda like taking a shower after a long hot day shoveling dirt. in other words thanks. lol. (i think im crazy)

2009/2/21 16:45Profile

Re:

Quote:

MattC wrote:
these were refreshing, kinda like i got a new breath of something, like idk kinda like taking a shower after a long hot day shoveling dirt. in other words thanks. lol. (i think im crazy)

It's good to see that you came back here, Matt.

Like I mentioned to you in your other thread, I experienced something similar but obviously not the same, as to insist that I know 'exactly' what you are going through, although I would like to suggest that you basically stop doing those things that you are comfortably familiar with and begin (or continue) praying, reading your bible, and conversing with other breathren.

Another suggestion would be to STOP all of those activities which are unproductive. I want to say ungodly and sinful, but that will be for you to conclude, but I want to recommend that you stop listening to rap, rock, raggae, or any other type of pop or trance music that you have listened to during your lifetime. This is just one step, but it will disallow any feelings or emotions associated with your relatively 'old' way of life.

The other suggestion that I found greatly rewarding was to cut off your relationships with any friends and family members who have no godly influence in your life. This may be temporary until you stand on Christ as your foundation, or this may be permanent so not to hinder your walk with Him.

As for the girl, my very similar experience and enlightened hindsight says STAY AWAY. God will provide at the proper time...in my limited view...you are not at that point. Be not in a hurry for love of a woman, seek and receive God's firsthand.

So, as others have expressed, your change will not be your doing, although there are some changes that require a sort of decision in His power and will. If you hold onto the world the Lord's Will for your life will have no hold on you. As I have said to others, the Holy Spirit is the most powerful force on earth, but He will step aside for your fanciful fantasies and selfish desires.

I pray for you Matt. Seek Him; Him alone.

Open, honest, trusting, and obeying.

May He Bless Your HEART,
BrianMira

P.S. You are not crazy; if you are, so am I.

2009/2/28 8:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy