SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bailout Plan: $2.5 Trillion and a Strong U.S. Hand

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Bailout Plan: $2.5 Trillion and a Strong U.S. Hand

[b]Bailout Plan: $2.5 Trillion and a Strong U.S. Hand[/b]

WASHINGTON — The White House plan to rescue the nation’s financial system, announced on Tuesday by Timothy F. Geithner, the Treasury secretary, is far bigger than anyone predicted and envisions a far greater government role in markets and banks than at any time since the 1930s.

Administration officials committed to flood the financial system with as much as $2.5 trillion — $350 billion of that coming from the bailout fund and the rest from private investors and the Federal Reserve, making use of its ability to print money.

read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/business/economy/11bailout.html?_r=1

2009/2/12 22:38Profile
theopenlife

Re: Bailout Plan: $2.5 Trillion and a Strong U.S. Hand

Wow. This has the ring of Pharaoh purchasing the livestock, fields, and then the people themselves. Big government does not play friendly with individual freedoms of expression.

2009/2/12 23:29Profile

Re: Bailout Plan: $2.5 Trillion and a Strong U.S. Hand

Brethern,
we all know the Advice of the Lord, "innocent as doves, shrewd as snakes". So forgive me when I venture into the realm of "shrewd", but hear me, but i have been in this world, the financial industry, and I say to you, as your purse allows it, buy silver coins, (american silver eagles, and pre-1965 half dollars, quarters, and dimes) and hold them as you would a passbook savings account, in your house for there is coming a day, when paper money will be worthless. Paper is paper, and plastic cards are just that, plastic. You've seen the word, "denarius", do you know what that was? a roman coin that was in its heyday, a tenth of an ounce of silver, and as that rotten empire grew more rotten, they debased this coin by taking down its silver content, much in the same way, every coin we have now is debased. The dollar coin is worth, in metal value, approximately 3 cents.....so a paper dollar, being churned out at mind boggling rates, is "worth" a dollar today based on the "full faith and trust" of the Treasury, which is effectively bankrupt. I'm not talking about being in fear, no, be innocent as doves, but be shrewd, and recognize the times.

China, a large wheat producer (and an even larger consumer) is experiencing a severe drought, Australia, a very large exporter of wheat is experiencing its 3rd drought in 4 years, you've read about the fires down there, killed hundreds of souls, its killing wheat too. Don't buy flour, as it does not keep well long term,(you can buy flour, just use it to learn to bake your own bread) buy the "berrys" of wheat in plastic buckets, buy a hand mill,learn how to bake bread, be wise.

I dont say this to stir fear, as Jesus told us, "Don;t be afraid, just believe"...he gave you wisdom, now use it, recognize the times because you might be called upon to demonstrate the Love of God by feeding the hungry, just as He did with the 5,000.

in His love, neil

2009/2/13 5:41

Re:

Quote:

Natan4Jesus wrote:
Brethern,
we all know the Advice of the Lord, "innocent as doves, shrewd as snakes". So forgive me when I venture into the realm of "shrewd", but hear me, but i have been in this world, the financial industry, and I say to you, as your purse allows it, buy silver coins, (american silver eagles, and pre-1965 half dollars, quarters, and dimes) and hold them as you would a passbook savings account, in your house for there is coming a day, when paper money will be worthless. Paper is paper, and plastic cards are just that, plastic. You've seen the word, "denarius", do you know what that was? a roman coin that was in its heyday, a tenth of an ounce of silver, and as that rotten empire grew more rotten, they debased this coin by taking down its silver content, much in the same way, every coin we have now is debased. The dollar coin is worth, in metal value, approximately 3 cents.....so a paper dollar, being churned out at mind boggling rates, is "worth" a dollar today based on the "full faith and trust" of the Treasury, which is effectively bankrupt. I'm not talking about being in fear, no, be innocent as doves, but be shrewd, and recognize the times.

China, a large wheat producer (and an even larger consumer) is experiencing a severe drought, Australia, a very large exporter of wheat is experiencing its 3rd drought in 4 years, you've read about the fires down there, killed hundreds of souls, its killing wheat too. Don't buy flour, as it does not keep well long term,(you can buy flour, just use it to learn to bake your own bread) buy the "berrys" of wheat in plastic buckets, buy a hand mill,learn how to bake bread, be wise.

I dont say this to stir fear, as Jesus told us, "Don;t be afraid, just believe"...he gave you wisdom, now use it, recognize the times because you might be called upon to demonstrate the Love of God by feeding the hungry, just as He did with the 5,000.

in His love, neil

We have long since past the point of no return, this is what is next. What we can't be certain of is how long it takes to unfold.

Zeph 1:18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lord's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Old Joe

2009/2/13 8:44

Re:

All of a sudden the Confederacy doesnt look so stupid anymore, eh? Maybe if a few states pulled out of the Union... might make things better.

29 states are right now proposing legislation and letters to go directly to the Federal government and President Obama stating that for too long the Feds have been trampling on states' rights... invoking the 10th Ammendment of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Several states have even used the phrase "cease and desist".

I say "it's about time!"

A man once said: "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."

Krispy

2009/2/13 8:58

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy