SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Football Famine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jesus was a joyful person, continually urging his followers to be joyful. He explains to his disciples, "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete" John 15:11.

There is a more personal answer to the question. I believe that Jesus Christ loves me. I cannot imagine that anyone without a sense of humor could do that. How could he possibly take a look at my life—my foibles and my sins—and still declare that he loves me, without at least a little smile? So many times he must shake his head now and look ahead to my eternity in heaven, where my own laughter will never cease "Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing, then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them" Psalm 126:2.

2009/2/9 13:43Profile

Re:

Quote:
Jesus was a joyful person, continually urging his followers to be joyful. He explains to his disciples, "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete" John 15:11.

Christ's joy did not come from the world and the things of this world. Nor did He come to teach us how to live our best lives now. Christ's joy is completely different then what a man gets from watching football.

2009/2/9 13:50
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote: Christ's joy is completely different then what a man gets from watching football.

Yes, and my joy and your joy is different from Christs joy everyone's joy is different, and I would never have to have someone explain to me that Christ joy is different than mine. We should not even compare Christs joy to anything, why, because we don't know what he joys over for sure, well at least I don't I can only assume, maybe some have a hot line.

2009/2/9 13:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Christ's joy did not come from the world and the things of this world. Nor did He come to teach us how to live our best lives now.

So if he did not come to teach us how to live our best life, that to me would only mean he did not want us to follow him. I want to try my best to live my best life, so if Christ lived a perfect life, I would only assume he lived the best life.

2009/2/9 13:58Profile

Re:

See...! A spiritual discussion has broken out!

I could start a thread about changing the oil on my Jeep and the Holy Spirit would come and turn it into a spiritual discussion.

I've been here a long time, and I've seen the most spiritually benign comments and threads become great sources of inspiration, conviction and encouragement.

Krispy

2009/2/9 14:00

Re:

Quote:
So if he did not come to teach us how to live our best life, that to me would only mean he did not want us to follow him. I want to try my best to live my best life, so if Christ lived a perfect life, I would only assume he lived the best life.

If I didnt know better I would think you went to Osteens church...

;-)

Krispy

2009/2/9 14:02

Re:

Quote:

Bill-

That was speaking of the false teacher / devil Joel Osteen. I am not going to get into an argument with you, your folly is manifest on its own thoughout the history of this forum. I will however write to keep others from being seduced from the true faith and becoming reprobated through their love of the world (such as presented in this article) and also by false teachers (and their faithful disciples on this forum).

SI -

Christs version of living your best life now does not include loving the world and things of this world.

-Jim

2009/2/9 14:06
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Jesus joyed in doing the will of his Father. Yes, but I think the source of the joy is deeper than Jesus doing the Father’s will. It’s seeing the Father’s glory and being glorified with the Father. The perfect obedience of the Son is sustained by the joy that is set before him Hebrews 12:2, and that joy was his return to the Father. So when Jesus says in verse 13 that he wants his joy to be fulfilled in us, he means that he wants the joy he has in his Father to be in us so that we would enjoy the Father the way he does.

2009/2/9 14:07Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Bill-
That was speaking of the false teacher / devil Joel Osteen.
-Jim

Thanks Brother, I appreciate you calling my Pastor which I Love very much and I am sure "GOD" Loves him very much also the devil, hopefully if God is working on Pastor Joel "which I personally believe he is" he won't give up due to your opinion. :-(

2009/2/9 14:11Profile

Re:

Uhmmm... Bill, I have serious issues w/ Osteen too. But I've beaten that horse enough.

Krispy

2009/2/9 14:21

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy