SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hoping against all hope! A surrended life to him!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Hoping against all hope! A surrended life to him!

In a world that looks bleak, my life looks bleak.

Ps 22:9 - Show Context
But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

Ps 31:24 - Show Context
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Ro 4:18 - Show Context
Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be

Abraham was a man who looked at his circumstances, he was old his body was decaying, yet he had hope in God, on the other hand Lot did not trust in God to provide his daughters husbands. Abraham was the Father of Faith, he believed God in the most adverse circumstances,
I look at my own life and realise I want to be like this.

When I look at my own life, the world seems dreary, no work, no souls coming into the churches, prayer is dead, evangelism is non existent, churches are falling apart.

To me I remember a time when I prayed for along time and want God to double or even triple that time in prayer or in fasting. I know that I cannot pray without the Lord, he gives me the strength to bend my knees.

I have a tiny spark of faith of hope, that all that needs to light a fire is a tiny spark!

I wish people knew the desperate hunger I want for Jesus, when I see countless People laugh the Gospel away or playing horrific non christian music in the work place and books that give no life in the christian bookshop.

As a nation we need a revival and as a person I need a revival. I look of the lives of David Brainerd and others. Lord convict me of my sin and help me repent. Deliver me from my selfishness,prayerlessness give me a new love for you and saving souls for you. Help me pray, Lord my life is not worth anything unless you do something!

Deut 32
15 But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. 16 They provoked him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations provoked they him to anger. 17 They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new gods that came newly up, whom your fathers feared not. 18 Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

I have been reading about the Welsh Revival and one thing that saddens me is that he did not continue. Evan Roberts probably could have had greater things, he may have done.

Help me have a deeper life with Jesus

2009/2/7 21:13Profile
SimpleOne

Re: Hoping against all hope! A surrended life to him!

In a world gone mad, He is our sure and steady rock. We need but fling ourselves upon Him to find the comfort that we need to continue with our daily lives. Lives that are to be lived in the Beloved, in our Lord, who has blessed us with His pure and perfect presence. We must put all of our hope in Him who is Hope. We must lay down our lives for the One that has laid down His life, freely, that we might live.

May the Peace that passeth understanding comfort your heart.

2009/2/8 2:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy