SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please Pray for my Grandparents

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Please Pray for my Grandparents

Please pray for my step-grandparents.

My grandfather is in his mid 90's and my grandmother is in her mid 80's. Recently my grandmother has been having health issues that makes it almost impossible for my grandfather to care for her.

During her lifetime, my grandmother has been very cruel to her daughters, and now that she is weak, this cruelty is being turned against her. The problem is that my grandfather, who loves the Lord, is caught in the middle and his heart is becoming bitter.

My grandfather has moved into assisted living and my grandmother is living at home. All these years they have functioned as one (right, wrong or indifferent) and now Satan has come in and split them apart just when they need each other the most.

Please pray that my grandfather's heart does not become bitter and that the Lord breaks through to my grandmother.

Thank you.

Oh Lord, bind Satan. Don't let him get the victory over these two souls.

2009/2/6 11:06Profile
MaryJane

Re: Please Pray for my Grandparents

Hi

I am praying for your grandparents. I know how hard it is to watch those you care about reject the Lord. I will be praying for your grandfather to be strengthened and that his heart will remain soft to the Lord, that no bitterness takes hold. I will pray that your grandmother would see how desperately she needs Jesus.

God Bless you
MJ

2009/2/6 12:28Profile

Re:

MJ: "I will be praying for your grandfather to be strengthened and that his heart will remain soft to the Lord, that no bitterness takes hold. I will pray that your grandmother would see how desperately she needs Jesus."

Amen!

Yes, God can use what might ordinarily seem like an impossible situation to draw people to Himself. I'm praying, dear sister, and remember...keep that song in your heart! :)
Joy

2009/2/7 9:12
ginnyrose

Mississippi

God Bless you, HeartSong! Methinks you are also in need of prayer. One cannot be a relative and a casual observer of these things without being effected in one way or another. It can be downright depressing, grievous, sad - excruciatingly so because there is eternity ahead. This kind of situation has a way of tearing families apart, offenses will be given/taken, anger flares up and you have a royal mess.

Somehow I seem to know a little what you are talking about....

God bless you and will pray for all of you....Keep us informed of any new developments..

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/2/7 10:29Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Thank you all for your prayers. I have been praying for you also - thanking the Lord for your words of encouragement, and asking that He pour His blessings upon you as well.

It is disheartening to see how quickly Satan can wreck havoc in the lives of good people. All it takes is a small opening, and pretty soon the whole dam starts to break up.

2009/2/7 20:00Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Hi Heartsong

I have been praying for you and your family. I know how hard this can be to watch those you love hurting. Just keep turning toward Him, He hears your prayers and never abandons us no matter what.

God bless you and keep you sister
MJ

2009/2/7 20:04Profile
pastorfrin

Hi HeartSong,

Just wanted to let you know our prayers are being offered for you and your grandparents and to assure you the Lord is well aware of your troubled heart and has promised to give you the desire of your heart if it is in line with His will.

It is not His will that one should perish so we can pray with confidence for the salvation of your grandparents.

Be of good cheer, our Lord has everything under control.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2009/2/8 8:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Thank you pastorfrin.

As I thought about what I had written on my previous post, it occurred to me that the dam may have been keeping the water from cleansing the land. That is how it was in my heart before the Lord got a hold of it. At the point of letting go, I distinctly remember the walls falling down and His healing water being poured in.

What a blessing it is to have brothers and sisters with which to share the burden of our hearts. May God bless you one and all.

2009/2/8 12:21Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying.

2009/2/8 12:34Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Heartsong,

Praying for you and yours. Also, for the caretakers.

Kindest regards and understanding of your pain,
white stone

2009/2/8 13:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy