Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama Team Meets with Atheist Reps

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Natan,

I appreciate your concern and prayer. But will admit I cringe at persecution. Oh, sure, I know all the benefits of persecution: how it cleanses the church. I cringe at the process utilized by the enemy to persecute: cutting out tongues, driving nails under fingernails, stretching people out on the rack, hanging folks upside down, etc....just read "Martyr's Mirror"and it will give you more details of this. Or, read Richard Wurmbrand's writings for more info.

You suggest this persecution will come from the state and I agree. I, also, believe the worst will come from those that call themselves Christians who will collaborate with the state. They will be wolves in sheep's clothing who will sound so righteous,be workers of miracles (even) and be great in 'Christendom' but inwardly are raving wolves. Wurmbrand writes how the Communists used religious leaders to gain info on the church, they were traitors...these are the people I fear. These will be those that will participate in government programs working to dilute the Gospel message, and in the process will gain knowledge who will compromise and who won't and then WOE! on the sheep.

What I am concerned about is when folks will discount this possibility. I see people are now in place to facilitate this very thing. And I worry about the children! Really! We have now ten (almost eleven) grandchildren. What does their future hold? In Communists countries if the officials deemed parents unfit to raised their children, they were removed from their homes and placed in government-run orphanages. Can you imagine the filth they would be subjected to in such an environment? Back then the sex perversion that is commonplace today was not there. They taught the children to be atheists. Now couple that with sexual perversion and you have a situation that defies God at its worst. Actually, it will make a parent wish God would take these innocent children home to be with him before they will be exposed to these hideous sins.

Am I worried? It goes beyond this: I am very concerned. As a person who is a senior I need not worry about my children (not all are married) but I do about my grands and their parents. If all these things will happen as I expect it easily could, our faith will be tested in ways we never dreamed. Then the question comes: how can one prepare for it now when things are relatively easy? All I know is that one needs to pray: God teach me now...

So sorry I cannot be more optimistic...you see I have read years of Wurmbrand's newsletters while he was still living; I am familar with the persecution that stalked Christians during the Reformation era...

Natan, appreciate you sharing...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/2/7 12:04Profile

Ginny

The Words of Jesus I'm going to quote to you now, I hang onto myself, say to myself all the time, as a prayer, as a lifeline:

[b]"Don't be afraid, just believe"[/b]

I have a wee one, 13 years old...lol, not so "wee" anymore, he's born-again, water baptized, loves Jesus. (His faith statement for application to a Christian high school made me weep with joy, it was so mature, and positively annointed)

Well, we like to watch certain clean movies together,(as I pulled my sat dish out the wall, just filth and lies) I know a lot about movies, we both agree that "Lord of the Rings" trilogy is our favorite, its the heroism against all odds that appeals to us both, the nobility of sacrifice that appeals to us, then last year, I showed him an old favorite of mine, "Red Dawn", which he begged me to watch again. We both watched "John Adams", which we loved, and both agreed how far away we are today from these men.

Now I know these "movies" have nothing to do per se with Jesus, but they bring forth a common thread, heroism, sacrifice, and faith. and he knows this verse as well:

"Don't be afraid, just believe".

I do not fear for him, my son belongs to the Lord, and the Lord alone, and I know that one day, we will both join the countless worshippers in the heavenly Jerusalem, they can NEVER take that away from us.

God bless you most richly, neil

2009/2/7 13:09
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Ginny

Hello Neil,

I am trying to find the Chapter & Verse for the quote you gave, "Don't be afraid, just believe," but am not finding it. It sounds familiar but I can not place the Book. Please help, I love it and want to read the whole section.

white stone

2009/2/8 21:45Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Maybe Mark 5:36 and Luke 8:50?

The story of Jairus' daughter raised from the dead.

2009/2/8 21:51Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Thank you. I have entered that in my Cardfile. I keep a collection of scripture to consult in times of need. Right now it on my computer but soon I hope to transfer it to 3x5 cards to carry in my purse. You never know when you might need a particular verse to minister to someone (or self medication). I like to be well armed.

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/2/8 22:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy