Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obama Team Meets with Atheist Reps

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Obama Team Meets with Atheist Reps

I got this in my email box this morning..nothing pretty, but something that should really give us pause for concern. Our concern is fast moving into the realm of possibility.

ginnyrose
MEDIA ADVISORY, Feb. 5 /Christian Newswire/ -- A recent disclosure that the Obama administration transition team met representatives of the atheist Secular Coalition for America to plot political strategy has prompted the national advocacy group In God We Trust to fight back. Today the organization's national chairman announced an unprecedented $1 million campaign to oppose attempts by the administration and Congress to curtail religious freedom and whitewash America's religious heritage.

"I doubt that any newly elected President has ever sat down with lobbyists for the American atheist movement to plot legislative strategy," says Bishop Council Nedd, In God We Trust's chairman. "Clearly the administration is planning to push the radical left's vision of a completely secular United States down the throats of ordinary Americans."

Already Democrats in Congress have inserted a ban on religious institutions benefitting from the President's "stimulus" bill. The ban could include universities with divinity schools or even public schools that permit religious organizations to use their facilities.

"The Obama administration is faking right in order to attempt to placate religious voters while running hard left and plotting strategy with the atheist Secular Coalition for America," says Nedd. "One of his first appointments was Virginia Governor Tim Kaine as head of the Democratic Party. Kaine is fighting a nasty battle with his state legislature over Kaine's ban on state trooper chaplains invoking the name of Jesus. The President has a definite agenda and we are going to stop it."

The previously unreported strategy sessions between transition officials and atheist lobbyists were disclosed in a January 27th article in the American Prospect.

According to Nedd, the $1 million campaign will include online and offline petition campaigns, advertising and a nationwide effort to mobilize religious voters.

Left wing advocacy groups have sent a series of proposals to the Obama administration seeking to curtail religious liberties in the military, expand the efforts of the Justice department to enforce the so- called "separation of church and state" and to downplay the importance of faith in American political life.

In God We Trust is a national political advocacy organization with over 70,000 supporters of various faiths. Council Nedd is a traditional Episcopal priest and serves as the Bishop of the Chesapeake and Northeast for the Episcopal Missionary Church. In God We Trust can be found on the Internet at www.InGodWeTrustUSA.org.

Christian Newswire
To: National Desk

2009/2/5 11:44Profile
MaryJane

Re: Obama Team Meets with Atheist Reps

Hi

This does make one want to pray. Pray for the hearts of the saints to be strengthened in Him. Pray for the lost, that their eyes would be opened to see His truth, that they would repent and cry out to the Lord. One day every knee shall bow before the Lord, even those who don't believe in His existence, what a shock they will have on that day. I tremble in fear for them...

God Bless
Maryjane

2009/2/5 11:57Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Hi everyone.

As I looked over this some things stood out to me and I decided to see if I could find something of the sources that are made refrence to.

One of the things in particular that made we want to examine the sources was this initial qoute:

"A recent disclosure that the Obama administration transition team met representatives of the atheist Secular Coalition for America to plot political strategy has prompted the national advocacy group In God We Trust to fight back."

I decided to see if I could find just what exactly they are referring to and I think I have found the source[url=http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?article=with_god_on_our_side_09](here)[/url] that is mentioned later on...

"The previously unreported strategy sessions between transition officials and atheist lobbyists were disclosed in a January 27th article in the American Prospect."

In briefly reading the article there, the only thing that I noticed which seems to bear any similarity to the 'unreported strategy sessions' is this from the article in the American Prospect,

Quote:
In the intervening years, it didn't exactly become a career killer to give the back of the hand to nonreligious voters. When I spoke last week to Lori Lipman Brown, the director of the Secular Coalition for America, she was cautiously optimistic about the Obama administration. Brown, often called "the atheists' lobbyist," noted that the group has been included in meetings about the transition, and "just the fact that he's conscious of including us" is a step up.

That seems far and away from the leading statement about 'unreported strategy sessions'.

So why am I bothering with all of this?

I live in a major American City and I suppose that I can, as well as anyone else, see the terrible decline of our society and culture. In spite of that, I still believe that things can be turned around. But I also beleive that as Christians, we have a high responsibility to maintain truthfulness and avoid in any way misrepresenting others, [b]especially[/b] those with whom we disagree. I think there is nothing that will make us more like the Adversary than to slander or misrepresent those who are or seem to be against us.

I do think that things can be turned around in this nation, but I think that if God will do this through us, it is going to be in a winning way, in a way that causes us to shine, in contrast to the ways of this world, because God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.

And if I have misunderstood this at all, or if there is something else in either of the articles that should be pointed out, please do correct me!

May God make our paths straight.

2009/2/5 23:26Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again everyone,

I wanted to say also, that for me personally, I have been greatly encouraged by the testimonies of Pastor Wurmbrand that are available here on SI. In my very small and insignificant opinion, he seems to present what it would look like to walk in that winning way in the midst of such things.

I was just watching tonight the series of videos from Alberta Canada that I think were recently added?

There are four parts and is available [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=50]here[/url]

Wish you all well!

2009/2/5 23:43Profile

Re:

America told God they wanted a king... well, they got one!

I think Mel Gibson was right in the movie "The Patriot" when he said:

"Why should I trade one tyrant 2,000 miles away for 2,000 tyrants one mile away?"

Krispy

2009/2/6 7:41

Ginny,
"left wing", "right wing", "liberal", "conservative", "atheists", "in God we Trust"...its all, to me, just dross, straw, stubble and hay. It's politics, its "Babylon", which is "Rome", which is "washington DC".....and that means "empire"

we have failed in so many ways, but the main element of failure is this; instead of worshipping God, we as an EARTHLY nation have crafted a "golden calf" to worship, a culture of wealth and influence, a culture of "shop till you drop", a culture that adopts as its mantra (from a movie!) "Greed is good", and don't think for a second, that what you are witnessing now, the destruction of this golden calf, is anything but divine chatisement.

It happens to all empires, which are but an expression of the prideful and murderous heart of man, why should we be any different.

The die has been cast, the Lord will now do His Work.

the atheists I regard as lost souls, but the folks that form such as "in God we trust" I regard as hypocrites and pharisees, white washed tombs, full of stinking bones, lacking in humility, front runners of their imperial masters.

Seperate, flee Babylon.

2009/2/6 10:47
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
But I also beleive that as Christians, we have a high responsibility to maintain truthfulness and avoid in any way misrepresenting others, [b]especially[/b] those with whom we disagree. I think there is nothing that will make us more like the Adversary than to slander or misrepresent those who are or seem to be against us.

I concur wholeheartedly. This underlying attribute gripped me straight away reading this, we do not need the embellishments, nor the paranoia, the pragmatism ... Even the slightest hint of it leaves me to disregard whatever truth it might contain, it becomes tainted ...

Came across this elsewhere and have found many a place it could be entered, it related to something I don't really want to open the can of worms on here. Thought it was quite exacting, from a "Pastor Jon" ... On second thought, I cannot excerpt it from it's context so I will just have to risk that;

[i]This article reminds me that charisma is alluring and seductive and evangelicals are tanking on it. Having just fired a youth pastor on our staff for gross sexual misconduct, it is amazing Haggard is not in jail. When will the rest of the story come out? I think sexual sin is terrible because it comes out so very slowly over a long period of time. Churches breathe on honesty and choke on deception. The legal justic system and the public will trust spiritual leadership when it is painfully honest unlike other forms of leadership in our culture. One ounce of confession brings healing to broken congregations and a post modern culture that trusts nothing. So many leaders have the myopic idea they can heal at the expense of others and that the church exists to heal them at any cost: Jesus called us to be shepherds of the flock, not predators. Predatory pastors are not to be trusted to tolerated. Healing is costly for all invovled.[/i]

Quote:
[b][i]Churches breathe on honesty and choke on deception.[/i][/b]

[i]The legal justic system and the public will trust spiritual leadership when it is painfully honest unlike other forms of leadership in our culture.[/i]

"Painfully honest ..."

From a response to the article; [url=http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/januaryweb-only/104-31.0.html]Haggard 'Deserves What He Got'[/url]

2009/2/6 10:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Natan, You are right. It is just that we have all these many years looked to our government and expected them to mete out justice, fairness and protect a person's right to Belief, whatever that may be. Romans 13 details the role of governments in society and we believe our government has done a fair job all these years considering what they had to work with. Yet, having said all this one must remember they are a minister of God "for good". And now it appears God is allowing it to follow the principles that will lead to anarchy, be it in economics or....

I concur with the poster who warned us about being absolutely truthful in reporting. I should have checked out these sources but always believed this source to have access to info that I don't, so I trusted them. Now having said that allow to do share a little history here.

Years ago our government had a "Committee for Un-American Affairs" - I think it was called. Their
responsibilities were to investigate activities that were considered "unamerican". This committee was mocked by certain segments the popular media and claimed many of their findings to be bogus, lies. Fast forward to when the freedom of information act was implemented. Some have evoked it and using the knowledge gleaned from it coupled with other sources have confirmed their findings. But by then people's attitude had deteriorated to "So what?"

This is the quandary I find myself in. How do I disseminate the news that one hears? Do I ignore it? How concerned should we become? How blissful is ignorance? Should one look for another place to flee to? (History informs us of people who were alert to the change in governments attitudes toward Christians: they sold out and emigrated. Later, their brethren who chose to remain behind got caught and were severely persecuted.) And if so, where? Is there any place left on this planet that is not contaminated by globalization?

This morning as I was reading the WORD, these verses spoke to me: Psalm 118: 8-9: It is better to take refuge in the LORD then to trust in man (i.e., US Congress). It is better to take refuge in the LORD then to trust in princes. (i.e., Obama.)

Appreciate y'alls input...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

PS: Natan, are you not Neil, the actor from Chicago? Are you not the one who was an early supporter of Obama? If so, what changed your attitude? I am just curious...

2009/2/6 11:25Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Nathan4Jesus,

Quote:
[b][color=0000FF]The die has been cast, the Lord will now do His Work. Seperate, flee Babylon. [/color][/b]

[b][size=small]Amen![/size][/b]

Kindest regards,
white stone

2009/2/6 12:39Profile

Re: Ginny

Thank you for your response.

Personally? I read everything. Of course, I start with the Bible in the morning, every "house" needs a sound foundation, right?

and then I go on to read about the things of the world, and what SCREAMS out at me, is the rank utter HYPOCRISY of everything, which would include the "politic's" of this nation, whether it be Democrat, Republican, left-wing, or right wing. Said politic's being both domestic and foreign policy, and when the Church trys to "wed" itself to "Rome", only death, hell and destruction will follow. Just glance back at history, look at that first child of the devil, Constantine...THE LORD REBUKE HIM! This murderer decides after a "dream", that all his legions have to do is to paint a "cross" on their shields and they would prevail in battle, and then Constantine decides to make "christianity the OFFICIAL RELIGION of the roman empire.

and to this day, what has been the fruit of that? Look only to the vatican, look at the priestcraft, the popery, the mary worship, the superstitions, etc, which would be blasphemous enough, but throw the "crusades" in, and the forced inquistions, the millions of people burned at the stake in the name of what?

In the name of RELIGION, except these hell bound dogs, appropriated the Sweetest Name of ALL, Jesus, to give credence to their SIN. (this is not an anti catholic post, my heart bleeds for those dear souls, who DO love Jesus trapped within that organization, may God have mercy on them, for He IS merciful, and He SEES every heart)

Hear me, anytime the State, or the Empire, or any earthly nation grabs ahold of the Church, and the Church runs into the arms of the State, or the Empire, disaster follows. Watch.

I pray, and Ginny, you or anyone else on this forum may not "like" my prayer, but due respect, I don't care, because the Lord leads me to pray as such: In Jesus Name, I pray that this nation make the Body of Christ, which is the Church, illegal, to the pain of death, and that they make possession of the Bible, illegal to the pain of death, then God Almighty will see who indeed is a Son of the Light, and who is a Son of the Darkness.....amen.

Oh dont worry, the empire will come up with a "national church", and it might even masquarade itself as "christianity". Look to the People's Republic of China as a forerunner of such a hellish "church", where the PRC has an "official church", but woe to the followers of Jesus who flee this whore, and gather in homes, worshipping in Truth and Spirit. There are many pastors in the PRC, who are beaten and lanquish in jail, because they wont "register" with the "official church", may God protect their bodies and souls.

and its coming here, and despite what many of you might think, such a hellish situation wont originate with the gays, or the atheists, or the democrats, or even republicans...oh no, it will originate from "national security state" which is the Empire, not the once free United States of America. The empire has other needs, to conquer kill and destroy, just like Rome, just like babylon, the empire's need is to keep its citizens on a footing of perma-war, whether that be the war in Vietnam, the war on poverty, the war on drugs, the Gulf war, the war on terror, the war in Grenada, the war in panama, war war war, and to put in the heart of the people the desires of the devil, which is a lust for riches, which is idol worship, and to put into their hearts, fear, which is the gatorade of satan.

This morning I read the most simple prayer, that the disciples of Jesus asked Him, it was [b]"Increase our faith!"[/b]

Luke 17:5

amen. Increase our faith, amen.

2009/2/7 11:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy