SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Rap - Cross Movement Records

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

SonOfMan... I hear ya. Believe me, I have problems with the Christian music "industry", and Christian entertainment. But CM seems to be different much like Keith Green was different. Keith Green used his musical talent to effectively preach the Word of God in a very prophetic sense... and now, 25 years after his early death his music is still impacting the church.

So I would disagree that modern music can not be used of God. It can.

Here's the thing for me, Paul Washer's sermons have changed my life in the last month. Some may have noticed I havent been on here much since the holidays... and it's because of this change that God has wrought in me.

Anyway, if someone like Paul Washer sees a redeeming value in these artists on Cross Movement Records... then I would not be too quick to write them off. If anyone preaches against the culture it's Paul Washer.

So I kinda have to think that there is a legitimate move of God happening among these men.

By the way, for whats it's worth... if anyone is interested, some time soon I will be writing on here about the move of God in my life and my heart over the last month. God is good, and God is all powerful.

Krispy

2009/2/3 7:53

Re:

Quote:
Better late than never

[b]Roaringlamb[/b]... I'm a 41 yr old white southern redneck! I'm not too "up" on rap music.

I mean, I remember back around 1990 some pop/hip-hop group did a song that was kind of a remake of "Free Bird"... and I was personally offended that someone would be so bold as to do that. lol!

You don't mess with the National Anthem, and you don't mess with "Free Bird"!

Krispy

2009/2/3 7:56

Re:

Quote:
Music is used in the Bible for worship to God, not to draw men.

Not always. While true it's not used as a mean of evangelism in scripture, it is used as a source of encouragement among believers. Thats why Paul said:

[b]Colossians 3:15-17[/b]
[i]And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; [b]teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs[/b], singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.[/i]

In this instance music is to be used to teach and admonish one another. I would say that CM, Keith Green, and artists like that would fall under the category of "spiritual songs" used to teach and admonish the Body of Christ.

The great fallacy of the Christian music "industry" is that they are evangelizing the world. This is false. The world is not buying Christian music. The world does not come to Christian concerts. Some artists have figured that out. I think CM is. You dont evangelize the world by explaining what "exgesis" means, as one of these artists does in one song. He realizes he is speaking primarily to Christians, and he is using his music to teach and admonish.

I think thats a good thing.

Krispy

2009/2/3 8:06

Re:

What are the names of the songs which mention Paul Washer and John Piper? I am trying to purchase the albums but there are so many?

In Christ Alone

2009/2/3 9:32

Re:

Oh boy... I'm not sure. Can't even remember which artist it was. It was either Flame or the Ambassador... I think.

Krispy

2009/2/3 10:01
Wordizlife

Re:

Songs with John Piper/CJ Mahaney by shai linne

Atonement CD
"In Adam All Die" John Piper
"Were You There?" CJ Mahaney
"Through My Eyes" CJ Mahaney
"CJ Mahaney interlude"

Solus Christus CD
"My Portion" John Piper

Timothy Brindle from "Killing Sin" album

"The Humility of Christ" John Piper

2009/2/3 10:17Profile
Wordizlife

Re:

Ahh...Can also listen to "Spurgeon" by shai linne.

Its a biography of Charles Spurgeons life

2009/2/3 10:18Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
Who would you most recommend if i want to buy two rap/hip hop cd's for the youth evenings?

If you can only buy two, the first should be "Soriez" by Shai Linne, the second is tough, but "13 Letters" by 116 Clique is the Epistles of Paul redone by Lecrae, Trip Lee, Shai Linne etc.

If money is the issue with buying only two, may I suggest going to the Amazon Mp3 download site, and downloading a bunch of songs and making your own CD.

The best song of all for me is "The Atonement Q&A" by Shai Linne on his album "The Atonement". Give it a listen and you'll see why.

2009/2/3 12:26Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
What are the names of the songs which mention Paul Washer and John Piper? I am trying to purchase the albums but there are so many?

In Christ Alone

Paul Washer is mentioned by FLAME on the album "Rewind". The song was titled "Give us the Truth Pt. 2"

With care in Christ,
Taylor

2009/2/3 13:32Profile

Re:

There are a lot of closet rap fans here... lol.

Krispy

2009/2/3 14:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy