Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Simple Life

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Simple Life

Simple Life

by- Anonymous

Satan called a worldwide convention. In his opening address to the evil angels, he said. "We can't keep the Christians from going to church. We can't keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from conservative values. But we can do something else. We can keep them from forming an intimate, abiding experience in Christ. If they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken. So let them go to church, let them have their conservative lifestyles, but steal their time, so they can't gain that experience in Jesus Christ.

This is what I want you to do, angels. Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!"

"How shall we do this?" shouted his angels.

"Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent schemes to occupy their minds." he answered. "Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, then borrow, borrow, borrow. Convince the wives to go to work and the husbands to work 6 to 7 days a week, 10 - 12 hours a day, so they can afford their lifestyles. Keep them from spending time with their children. As their family fragments, soon their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work."

"Over stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still small voice. Entice them to play their radio or cassette player whenever they drive, to keep the TV, the VCR, and their CD's going constantly in their homes. And see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ."

"Fill their coffee tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, sweepstakes, mail order catalogs, and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering, free products, services and false hopes."

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted, disquieted and unprepared for the coming week. Don't let them go out in nature. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, concerts and movies instead. And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences and unsettled emotion."

"Let them be involved in soul-winning. But crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Christ. Soon they will be working in their own strength. Sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause."

It was quite a convention in the end. And the evil angels went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get busy, busy, busy and rush here and there.

Has the devil been successful at his scheme?

You be the judge.

2009/2/2 8:18Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Simple Life

Hello savannah,

That is a very appropriate post, in my opinion.

Quote:
And see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays music constantly.

Just the other day we went to Sears. While my husband went to pick up the item we went for I set and opened my Bible. The so-called music coming through the loud speaker was oppressive, worldly and terribly sad. The poor souls who work there are being programmed every day. It drives me out of the store. We only go in when we know they carry what we need. We do not 'browse.' IT is a surgical strike, in and out. I do not even want to go but they carry some good products, still.

Thank you for posting.

Recently, after the ice storm (which did not touch us), I have been considering [b]electricity[/b] as evil. Following this train of thought I found this on a website
Quote:
I'll never forget one day back at the old school house, the instructor had the classmates hold hands around a circle, as he cranked up an old WWII radio. Well, when the business ends were held at each end of the circle, we were all in for a shocking experience! The instructor was just grinning from ear to ear, as he delighted in continuing to crank! None of us could let go and the hair was starting to raise on our heads! Such began our study of electricity, and this particular instructor would not let go of this topic for the better part of two years. It wasn't so much about electricity itself but just how dependent our society was to it. When he did stop cranking and we were finally able to let go, he screamed, [b]"This is how you will feel when the power goes down for good and before then you will not be able to let go!"[/b] This happened over 35 years ago and he was right about us not being able to let go of this kind of power, yet.

My husband and I are working towards further simplification of our living accommodations and style. I do not like being dependent on someone else for our security (the Power Company OR the Government). Thinking along these lines is a very confusing subject. We have much to learn, or should I say, RELEARN. I believe people have been dumbed down in this country and made dependent. It is not a simple thing to break those bonds. For one thing, if we turned off the power to out home, they would declare it an unfit habitation and move us out. Praying for God to guide us.

Regards,
white stone

2009/2/2 11:04Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I have been considering electricity as evil.

I guess I've seen it all on SermonIndex now :)
Quote:
My husband and I are working towards further simplification of our living accommodations and style. I do not like being dependent on someone else for our security (the Power Company OR the Government).

You can live Flintstone style with candles and windmills and Amish buggies and none of this will do you one iota of good or make you more spiritual or bring you any closer to God. It is no more the amenities or the US government that causes us to be dependant than it is guns and knives that cause us to shoot and stab people. It is rather the condition of the heart of man.

2009/2/2 12:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I didn't realise electricity is evil, and neither did you until you visited that website.

If it is evil, then you have to get rid of it and the internet as well.

But, to be serious, this is how cults and other weird trends start, by people having a lopsided view of things.

To simplify our lives, all we need to do, is to not get caught up in this world, and following its never ending and mindless trends.

And spend time with God, and He will show us our needs, which is why it says in Phil 4v19 that God will supply our needs.

God bless.

2009/2/3 4:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy