SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is Smoking a sin ????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Quote:
Thanks guys! Man all those points of view are good. Smoking is also seen as a worldly thing, even if it is not a sin, would I preach on the street holding a cigarette??? No unbeliever ever convicted me for eating pies or hamburgers, But when they saw me smoke they always say " Hey! You're a christian and why do you smoke? " I am feeling convicted to quit so that I can be blameless like it says in the bible. Thanks for all your answers guys I truly appreciate it !!!

Hi moose34,

Amen ! I think you got it right. The truth is usually always straight, plain, simple and pleasing to the heart. Smoking per se may not be a sin, but if you get one of the least of our brethren into trouble because of his weakness you left the principle of love.

The law says thou shalt and thou shalt not. The Spirit seeks to confirm to God in the heart of the matter, how to love Him and your brother to the utmost.

God bless, you brother, God showed you something through His Spirit, rather than applying a law.

2009/2/2 8:17Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

moose34 wrote:
Thanks guys! Man all those points of view are good.
Thanks for all your answers guys I truly appreciate it !!!

I am glad that you have found help in the comments that have been posted here. I am praying that you continue to seek to hear from God. If you truly desire to know Him and to know His will for your life, He will make His way clear.

2009/2/2 8:45Profile
moose34

Re:

I hear ya. I should also consider my love for my brothers and sisters as well and not be selfish. I got ya. There is soo much stuff, but the spirit simplifies things. Now I kinda understand why the Pharasies had so many laws. Without the spirit It sure can get complicated!!!

2009/2/2 9:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Moose,

Mind if I relate a true story?

I have an uncle, who is now in his late 80s. He was abused by his father when growing up. His dad chewed tobacco and all his sons tried it ... once. WW2 came along and Uncle enlisted in the Army to serve as a non-combatant. While serving in Europe he experienced narrow escapes from certain death that he knows were divinely orchestrated. In the meantime, he was smoking cigarettes. He came home unscathed and upon arrival his father met him and confession of abuse was made; forgiveness sought and granted. A few years later in 1955 Uncle came to the LORD. He accepted Jesus as his LORD and Saviour. When Uncle did this the LORD removed his desire for tobacco as well and has never desired it since. He remains humbly grateful for this deliverance. He readily acknowledges that his experience was unusual and that some will struggle with it even after coming to the LORD. But is it not significant the LORD removed this desire when he came to him and he was not even looking for it?

Something to consider...

Hope the LORD will give you the victory you desire....blessings to you,

ginnyrose

2009/2/2 20:13Profile

Re:

Smoking cigarettes is very harmful to your body just like alcohol and strong drink and eating unhealthy. Anything you put in your body that is harmful is sinful, anything that is addicting like smoking, sex, gambling, putting your self first, greedy, pride it is all sin, you compare this to the holy God of israel, come on smoking is a sin for the fact that you our harming yourself and others. God has put good and bad here on earth choose this day which one, but smoking is a clear sin to your body. It is pretty clear that Jesus didn't smoke.Look at the scriptures the lord will show you that smoking most definitely is not a holy part of him.

2009/2/2 21:04
MJones

Missouri

Re:

nice comments ginnyrose

2009/2/3 5:12Profile

Re:

i have to admit it.i smoke too.im a secret smoker and only a handful know it since i keep it well hidden from both the saved and unsaved but i want to be able to stop i just dont know how.ive smoked for probably 15 years and if it werent for the cravings that drive me insane id stop but heres where its really strange.if i am with people in poublic even for 8 hours i dont touch one and can go without but when i am alone i smoke every ten minutes because the cravings come mostly when im alone.god convicted me more than once about smoking but i dont seem to have any power over this.reading these posts makes me want to see that its possible even for me.please pray for me

2009/2/3 7:57

Re:

I've discussed on here before that I like to have an occasional cigar, especially while hunting or camping.

The Lord has been dealing with my heart in a manner of which He has never dealt with me before. The last month has been a complete reformation for me.

I will no longer smoke an occasional cigar... not because it might be a sin, but because it's something that does not bring me any closer to God.

If something does not bring me closer to God, or does not enhance my relationship to Him, then I'm cutting it out of my life.

The same thing goes for alcohol... the occasional beer. Gone. Is it a sin? Not necessarily, but does it bring me closer to God? No. So why do it?

(We will still use wine for communion, there are scriptural reasons why)

I only want things that will be proactive in helping me draw closer to Him. Some of these things are not sins, but they are "idle"... and I dont want to idle in my walk with Him. I want to move forward.

Krispy

2009/2/3 9:01
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

God bless you, anonymous. Do you not think that if the Holy Spirit convicts you he will also empower you to obey? Perhaps you really - in the core of your being - like it too much, hence your failure? May I suggest that you tell the LORD how you feel in your heart about it, that you need help to want to stop, that He needs to work in your heart to bring it to past. I would guess all of us, if we are honest, do not always want to relinquish our pet sins because of the satisfaction we derive from it. Once we realize this is what is happening we are driven to the foot of the cross and admit to the LORD our sin/weakness and beg for his supernatural working of regeneration in our heart.

God bless you....

ginnyrose

2009/2/3 9:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

God bless you, Krispy. Your testimony is inspiring and a blessing.

Take good care of those little Kritters! :-) And what do they say about your change of behavior?

ginnyrose

2009/2/3 9:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy