SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Distraught and so confused!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I thank God for the sincere responses here for eachother in these times of difficulty. I see myself on both ends of utter confusion and blessed revelation. I know for myself, as RobertW has said, it was my crying out to God and wrestling with jaded faith that brought me through. Sermons are good... very good... at certain times. But I believe God's desire is for us to take our struggles to Him and to just 'be real' with Him in sharing our heart. Christ promised "those who seek shall find". Hold on to that promise brother.

We must pray for one another here. It's a blessing to read the courage of those who share a heart's cry for God. I believe the early church had to lean on eachother and pray for one another a lot with Paul's new revelations and those who tried to confuse and undermine the truth of God. Nothing has changed, satan is still working. He wants us confused and jaded. But Christ is above it all and He is faithful. Experiences and doctrines can get confusing, but when God rests upon you, there is no confusion. I pray for this rest for our souls.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Mt 11:28

2009/1/29 8:21
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

ccrider wrote:
Sermons are good... very good... at certain times. But I believe God's desire is for us to take our struggles to Him and to just 'be real' with Him in sharing our heart. Christ promised "those who seek shall find". Hold on to that promise brother.

As much as anything that has been said, I believe this statement is true.

Good words ccrider.

2009/1/29 9:04Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

Quote:

RobertW wrote:

Yesterday I spent the day asking myself a vital question that I'm having a hard time reckoning with. Have I personally ever witnessed [u]anyone[/u] come to Christ and [u]remain[/u] in Christ by the preaching of a fearful repentance message. As of this morning, I still cannot think of a single person I know that came to Christ and has stayed trusting in Christ through this method. Understand that I have been in ministry with many well known names on this site and I still can't think of a single person.

RobertW,

I have read your reference to this thought a few times lately and thought it could lead to some good discussion as long as it doesn't get sidetracked. I thought of starting a thread regarding repentence preaching. Be on the lookout for it.

2009/1/29 20:21Profile
MJones

Missouri

Re:

joshhh and paulmcg1,

For what it is worth. My responses to each of your posts have been a little different. In both cases, I chose to have my quiet time before responding, and felt the Lord gave me the things to say that I said.

For the past two mornings, I have read my usual chapter or two, but there's been nothing that had life in it. It made me realize how dependent I am on hearing from God. David said, 'In my prosperity, I said I will never be moved. You did but hide Your face and I was troubled'.

As I realized my dependence on hearing from God, He seemed to speak through even that. As David needed it, as I need it, I could not help but to think of both of you. My prayer for you both, is that you hear from God, for He knows exactly what you need to hear that will help you in your struggle against the effects of sin.

There is no substitute for hearing from Him. You may hear from Him from something you read hear or in your own quiet time, but you need to hear from Him. I am praying that you will.

2009/2/2 8:39Profile
impact360

Re: YEP

This made me cry,
it's so hard to feel so alone,
seeing the truth while other's don't want it.
It's so sad.
But praise God that some do want the truth! ^___^
It is the work of the Spirit that any of us can see at all, thank you Lord for what you are doing in our lives, WE NEED YOU!!!
Shell

2009/3/30 15:50Profile
spirit2009

England

Re: Distraught and so confused!

Hey Joshhh ,Jesus Loves You so so so much ,feelings are not the true you, read romans 6,7 and 8 ,Read with your heart not the mind, The Holy Spirit will guide you xxx

2009/3/31 13:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy