SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Very Deceptive Form of Idolatry

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A Very Deceptive Form of Idolatry

The Lord has been showing me through what is going on with our church that their is a form of idlolatry that has been prophesied in the bible and I believe is here now in the church.

2 Timothy 3
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

This is a very deceptive form of Idolatry because of the prosperity gospel that has been preached for so long. Alot of these professing christians truly believe it is innocent to get all the pleasure you can get because Jesus wants you to be happy. They do not understand what true contentment and the joy of the Lord is because they are being taught that if you are not prospering as the world is than you are not blessed.

Maybe it is more rampant in the Assemblies of God church than other places. It's very shocking to see how decieved people are.

Here is [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=19038&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]an article[/url] on what David Wilkerson prophesied about and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0rSYHptq8M]a link to a sermon by Zac Poonen [/url]that explains more of what I am talking about.

This I believe is the new form of idolatry that is coming upon the world and already is in the world. It is creeping into our churches and alot of professing christians think this is of God. I believe it will only get worse as the world gets more hopeless. It's a "get all you can get for tomorrow you will die" mentality. They are worshipping themselves through pleasure.

Here is a verse in Isaiah 9:20 with the different translations that I believe is very prophetic concerning what we see happening and will only get worse.

New American Standard Bible
They slice off what is on the right hand but still are hungry, And they eat what is on the left hand but they are not satisfied; Each of them eats the flesh of his own arm.

GOD'S WORD ® Translation
On the right, one gobbles up food and is still hungry. On the left, another eats and is never full. Each person eats the flesh from his own arm.

King James Bible
And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm:

People will turn to their own family and friends but they'll all be in the same boat. It's escapism and a desperate attempt to get instant satisfaction because they can't get it anywhere else. There is an uncertaninty in our country, hopelessness and despair and only Jesus can fill that vacuum. They have another gospel though and this gospel is going to decieve many. They will be so decieved and their consience will be so seared that they will not be able to dig their way out. As things get worse in this country they will lose hope, give up and fall away.

Carter Conlon spoke about a kind of hopelessness in his sermon [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=123]Beware of the Angry Watchman[/url] Their very lifestyle will burn down all around them and take them away also.

This is very sad what is happening in the church today and the young people are being swept away by this.

I see this happening in our church and it really grieves me. My husband and I attended this church 20 years ago when we were young and it was never like this.

2009/1/22 11:09

Re: A Very Deceptive Form of Idolatry

Something else I see in the church right now is pride filled, power hungry, opportunistic christians in the "true church" fighting for recognition and they reject the thought of being servants. They only want to serve themselves and they are full of self. Jesus said it is better to serve than to be served so you need to get off your high horse and start serving God!

2009/1/22 11:34
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: A Very Deceptive Form of Idolatry

Even though this is sad beyond words, it still is Bible prophecy being fulfilled.

What we have to do is to seek God like never before, and to remain faithful to His word, because it is by His word that we will be judged.

Matt 5v18, "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

Even though heaven and earth will be destroyed,
God's word will not be destroyed. His word will be fulfilled in it's entirety. Both good and bad.

2009/1/22 11:44Profile

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:
Even though this is sad beyond words, it still is Bible prophecy being fulfilled.

What we have to do is to seek God like never before, and to remain faithful to His word, because it is by His word that we will be judged.

Matt 5v18, "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

Even though heaven and earth will be destroyed,
God's word will not be destroyed. His word will be fulfilled in it's entirety. Both good and bad.

Amen, were living in the days of Lot, how shocking. If we don't believe this it's possible that we have become accustomed and comfortable with these things and that's a scary thought.

We are in the days of Lot.

2009/1/22 20:05
rreighe

Re: i dont understand LOT.

can you please help me understand what you mean by LOT. i realy dont get that. people talk about it and i dont understand! i heard something about lot and the end times but nothing about we are in lots time.... please pm me with a link to this thread becasue i don't know if i will forget or remember this i have so much... thanks

allan

2009/1/26 19:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
what you mean by LOT.

They are using the life of Lot as an analogy to make a point. Get a good concordance and look up his name, read those scriptures and that should teach you. (If you recall, Lot was Abraham's nephew who lost his wife, sons-in-law during the destruction of Sodom.)

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/1/29 21:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy