Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rebekah LeBeau - Keith Greens Daughter

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Deep thinker

My quote: We always need to look at the fruit

You asked: How do you look for fruit in new born babes?

My answer: Even my ten year old who is just now coming to understand what it means to be a follower of Jesus has some small fruit. I will give you and example, the other day he got into trouble with his brother for fighting. We spoke about what happened and he accepted his punishment. He apologized to his brother, and then he headed off to his room. I asked him where he was going(I thought he was going off to pout), he told me that he needed to go pray, that he needed to tell Jesus he was sorry for what he had done. He said that his fighting with his brother was sin and he needed to make it right with Jesus, he had to ask His forgiveness and it was important that he did it now. See to me that is fruit. Perhaps it is not a whole tree blooming with fruit, but it is a beginning. The attitude of his heart toward sin that the Lord has been working on and is changing and that shows me he is growing in the Lord. Fruit:-)

As for this young woman I know nothing about her at all. I just did not happen to like her video, no big deal. I am glad you enjoyed it. I was just commenting on what someone else shared. It is really tragic when we see some who are lost think that they are saved because they grew up in a house where mom and dad are saved. Doesn't work that way, I was just saying that each of us must come to Jesus and that we should never assume that because a persons family relatives are saved that they are to. For example just because I am saved, does not mean that my mother, brothers, or sisters are. Even my own children are not covered with the blood until they seek Him, see their need for Him and repent. I can't save them, all I can do is point them to the one that can, Jesus. Just as with this young woman(if she is not saved) her daddy can not cover her, only Jesus can.(but as i said I do not know where she stands, so my comment was not so much about her as it was a general one:-)

God bless
maryjane

2009/10/8 20:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
he told me that he needed to go pray, that he needed to tell Jesus he was sorry for what he had done. He said that his fighting with his brother was sin and he needed to make it right with Jesus, he had to ask His forgiveness and it was important that he did it now. See to me that is fruit.

Sounds like something out of a "leave it to beaver" era. But such instances are rare and I was generalizing. There have been exceptional qualities come from the young. I never rule them out completely because God is and always does unusual things with children from time to time that makes the grown ups to stop and wonder.

My last post was not directed at you, rather to all of us. 8-)

2009/10/9 20:57
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Rebekah LeBeau - Keith Greens Daughter

I'm a big Keith Green fan and great believer in holiness and not being worldly, etc. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with this video/song. I seldom personally listen to "secular music," but, I don't see anything wrong with the message in this video.

So far as I can discern, Rebekah LeBeau is simply singing about a personal relationship she's having a hard time moving past, and wondering if perhaps it isn't really closed after all. What's wrong with that? Not all music has to be about God, does it? Have you read the Song of Solomon? To interpret it in merely an allegorical fashion does great injustice to the content of that book. If Solomon could write poetry about his wife, why can't this girl write a song about an unsolved relationship? Are people not allowed to be human, and express their hopes, desires, and disappointments? There is nothing spiritual in being stoics and bottling up one's emotions. I fear many of you would have been angry at the apostle Paul for battling depression because Titus didn't arrive fast enough for him one time.

Let the girl sing her song. Is she saved? I don't know. I haven't looked into her other songs. I hope she is. But this song doesn't tell me anything other than she has a relationship that has a question mark still hanging over it.

As a side note: Keith Green early on in his Christian musician days worked for an advertisement agency producing musical jingles for TV/Radio commercial purposes. Do you think these songs had anything about Jesus in them? Hmm.... probably not. Yet he used these very jingles to fund his ministry.

2009/10/9 22:18Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Deepthinker

You wrote: Sounds like something out of a "leave it to beaver" era. But such instances are rare and I was generalizing. There have been exceptional qualities come from the young. I never rule them out completely because God is and always does unusual things with children from time to time that makes the grown ups to stop and wonder.

My response to you: I am not really sure what to make of your response here. At first it almost sounds as if you are mocking my son with your to "leave it to beaver" comment but then you go on to say such instances are possible. Not sure why you wrote that??? Seemed uncalled for...considering that I was sharing with you about my ten year old son and his seeking to walk with Jesus.

God Bless
mj

2009/10/9 22:54Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Don't you know that you must be like little children to inherit the kingdom of God?

People get big fat heads, and shrunken souls.

2009/10/9 23:49Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Would to God that our children were more from the "Leave it to Beaver" era.

When we begin to mock the old ways and those that represent it, we forget that the Lord Himself tells us to stand in the old ways and walk in them.

I am SO refreshed by polite little children who have been trained to respect and have a conscienceness for sin.

I am so grieved that people don't recognize what has happened to the way of the Lord and a need to be a separated people.

God help us. I can't even respond concerning Keith Green's daughter. I cannot praise someone who desires to be successful in this world for I know that unless she herself repents, she cannot rest upon her father's salvation.

I'm just so sad because we become starstruck and still have the tendency to worship people and not love God above all else.

2009/10/10 5:30Profile
Greenlea

Re: Keith Green's Daughter

Saw the video. Loved it. Doesn't seem like she is saying she is a Christian in the video, though the song does have a message.

Don't know if she is a Christian or not. Seems like she just want to talk/sing about relationships.

Let us just pray for her that if she is not His, He will soon call her to be His own.

Blessing! Dee

2009/10/10 16:01Profile

Re:

That made me feel really sad...not only because she is the child of a man who had an incredible passion for Jesus Christ and the uncompromised Gospel, but also because of the emptiness that is evidenced in her life through her music and where she is going for fulfillment (John 2:15-17). This is sad. But it's not just her...it's American youth all over. Oh! How we need God to work in the lives of the youth in this land!

“The only music minister to whom the Lord will say, 'Well done, thy good and faithful servant,' is the one whose life proves what their lyrics are saying... And to whom music is the least important part of their life.
Glorifying the only Worthy One has to be a minister's most important goal!”
Keith Green

2009/10/10 20:03
DRowPreacher

Re:

I have listened to Keith Green's music over the years and was a bit let down to see Rebecca not singing for the Lord. Some have been very critical of her worldliness etc. I have adult children now and know that they are at different levels spiritually than I was at their age. Each person must work out their salvation with fear and trembling. We must not forget to pray for our children and build them up in the Lord. Yes Rebecca could reach many people for the Lord with her talents. Pray for her and remember me also! ;o}

2009/10/23 20:39Profile
KathleenP

Maine

Re:

Roniya, (Joy)

Amen. We must either be hot or cold for the Lord, and our children are being seduced by the droves.

We are sorely decieved when we think our worldly recognition will cause us to find greater favour with God.

Oh the cries of many when the Lord says to them, "Depart from me ye workers of iniquity!"

Dear saints, this may sound strong, but there is a way theat seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof is death.

2009/10/24 4:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy