SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for the new president...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Prayer for the new president...

Greetings brethren,

I don't want to allow this discussion to stray into conflict or an exchange of thoughts about politics. I simply want to encourage one another to remain in prayer for President Obama. You might not agree with him...or have voted for him...or believe in voting at all. However, he has entered what is now the highest office on the Earth. Let us pray that President Obama gives a place to the Lord in that office!

Remember: The heart of the king is in the hand of God (Proverbs 21:1). Although the President is not a king (or a ruler, for that matter), let us pray that his eyes may see the King of Kings for who He is. Let us pray that God will do with that man what we pray He will do with us. May President Obama meet with God with all of the intimacy that we long for!

There are many great decisions that will need to be made over the next few days. Let us pray that President Obama listens to the heart of God in regard to these matters. If he doesn't know the Lord (or doesn't know Him well), let us pray that He will turn to Him with all of his heart! Who knows -- he could be like one of those kings who found the Lord anew after he was already in office.

Again, this is not to cause division or strife. Rather, let us pray for this man. His decisions will affect many of us (while we live on this Earth), so let us pray that the right decisions are made.

:-)

2009/1/20 17:03Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Prayer for the new president...

Chris,

I stand in agreement with you on this.

God bless,

2009/1/20 17:22Profile

Chris, as is said in hebrew, Tov ma'od, its good what you wrote.

I was praying along with Pastor Warren (please brethern...no! I've not read nor spent a cent on any of his books! lol) but as I was praying along in the Spirit, and I was watching the President's (still "elect's") face, and no man can know what is in another man's heart, but in my spirit, I felt the President was focused on Jesus, and felt for him, the enormous burden now placed on him. I also felt for President Bush, and prayed that God give him a sense of ease and relief, and that back at his beloved ranch at Crawford, God give him the peace and shalom to rest in Christ, and not worry.
In fact, I pray we all not worry, but rest in Christ.

after the inauguration, Ive been sitting at this computer,praying and watching bank stocks collapse, and researching various figures in the Faith, primarily Moravian, and just "resting", asking God, what next, Lord? Tough days ahead, brethern, tough days.

so Chris, God hears our prayers, and yours is incense to Heaven, tov ma'od and In Jesus' love, I bid you, neil

2009/1/20 18:05
pastorfrin

Hello Brother Chris,

I think this is most wise and a sure cure for worry.

Philip. 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. [7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

We are also exhorted to do so, to pray for kings,
and I'm sure Presidents would be included under all that are in authority, by the apostle Paul.

1 Tim. 2:1-3
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; [2] For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. [3] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

So we find that obeying the word of the Lord allows us to not worry and to lead a quiet and
peaceable life.
Best of all "this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour."

So pray Brothers and Sisters, pray unto the Lord that we may see 'His' our King of Kings mighty works.

Thank you Chris for the wonderful suggestion, Amen

In His Love
pastorfrin

2009/1/20 21:45Profile
pastorfrin

Just a reminder for all to pray.

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Greetings brethren,

I don't want to allow this discussion to stray into conflict or an exchange of thoughts about politics. I simply want to encourage one another to remain in prayer for President Obama. You might not agree with him...or have voted for him...or believe in voting at all. However, he has entered what is now the highest office on the Earth. Let us pray that President Obama gives a place to the Lord in that office!

Remember: The heart of the king is in the hand of God (Proverbs 21:1). Although the President is not a king (or a ruler, for that matter), let us pray that his eyes may see the King of Kings for who He is. Let us pray that God will do with that man what we pray He will do with us. May President Obama meet with God with all of the intimacy that we long for!

There are many great decisions that will need to be made over the next few days. Let us pray that President Obama listens to the heart of God in regard to these matters. If he doesn't know the Lord (or doesn't know Him well), let us pray that He will turn to Him with all of his heart! Who knows -- he could be like one of those kings who found the Lord anew after he was already in office.

Again, this is not to cause division or strife. Rather, let us pray for this man. His decisions will affect many of us (while we live on this Earth), so let us pray that the right decisions are made.

:-)

2009/2/13 12:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy