SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Fireproof: Best Married Life Now?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have not seen this movie, and don't know if I ever will because I do not have the time for it so I have no opinion about it. However, we are presently going through "The Way of the Master" series at church.

However, in reading these posts I can appreciate the concerns expressed by the various posters on either side of the issue. Repentperish made this comment:

Quote:
Some of us stupidly think that our spouses, friends are going to be saved forever that we do not try THEIR spirits to see if it is of God. We let little sins go by and just call sins as "mistakes". This is spiritual dumbness and being mute over that certain issue.

This concept is one that has been dogging me in the past two months: really, we cannot be certain that our friends, relatives will be saved forever, that we just let their little sins go by without being challenged (obviously, I am not a Calvinist and PLEASE NO CALVINIST/ARMENIAN DISCUSSION HERE!!!) This has happened in our family. It is a critical spirit that has gone to seed, which grew up became a monster and is now consuming our family. The results? wife leaves her husband, taking the children with her. There is NO Biblical reason for that leaving. Now we SILs look back and see where we failed in confronting a 'little sin' but we also knew at the time it would not go over well, either. So there you go: little sins grow into monsters that will eventually take over and devour!

And in the meantime, we grieve, we hurt, we pray and cry...

The lesson is we need to be so loving we will confront sin whenever it appears in the spirit of love - read the book of Ephesians..

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/2/12 11:11Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Micaiahsword,

Quote:
I suggest that if you do not highly esteem your wife, and treat her everybit as righteously as you would Christ, you do not understand the covenant of marriage and the importance it has in making a real godly man.

You may have only a few posts but this one speaks volumes. Very well said and a pleasure to read.

The same advice holds for wives. This means look for ways to please and care for your husband, do not get by with only what is bare necessity. The mark of a good wife is that she nurtures her husband.

My husband and I talked this over before we got married and both felt it necessary to 'always be on the others side.' Don't be the spouse who, upon entering a room and seeing everyone lined up against their husband/wife, turns and says, 'What have you done, now?'

white stone

2009/2/12 12:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
I suggest that if you do not highly esteem your wife, and treat her everybit as righteously as you would Christ....

Is this what you got out of that movie? We must have seen a different movie than you did.

If this is what you thought the movie was putting forth, then I think you saw the movie searching for something to criticize. If thats how you approach everything, then you will always find something to criticize.

There is a difference between being critical and being discerning.

Krispy

2009/2/12 12:31
moreofHim

Re: husbands love

Krispy,

I am a little confused. Maybe I did not understand where Miciahsword was coming from- but I didn't think he was criticizing the movie- if anything just the opposite. Maybe I'm wrong. Sorry, if so.

2009/2/12 13:37Profile

Re:

Channin... I'm a little confused now too. Maybe I read that paragraph out of context or something. If I did, ooops!

Krispy

2009/2/12 14:25
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

int3grity wrote:

Let us be very careful that we do not find ourselves fighting against GOD by attacking HIS work through other believers.

Fireproof has a great Gospel presentation and seeks to heal Christian marriages. It was made by Saints who love GOD and who are orthodox in their faith. [b]If they are not giving misinformation about salvation[/b] and GOD we shouldn't tear them down.

While I certainly enjoyed the movie, as me and my wife watched it together, I did have one thing against the " salvation scene"-or even the method of salvation portrayed in the movie. Please, I am condeming anyone or judging anyone, but I thought the Kirk Cameron salvation scene was hypocritical.

The reason I say that, is because you have Kirk Cameron, who is a part of Way of The Master, who typically when they preach, preach about the law of God (Ten Commandments), yet Kirk Cameron plays a role in which in his supposed momemt of salvation in the movie is bowing down at wooden image of a cross which is forbidden in the 2nd Commandment. On top of that, and I could be wrong on this one, but I do not recall in the movie Cameron or his wife making confessions of Christ as Lord & Savior, I just remember Kirk saying to the other Firefighter " you know your faith, I a member now" or something of that extent. I mean if you want to talk about easy believism, that is it right there-

I liked the movie, but Cameron bowing at a wooden cross just didn't sit to well with me......maybe it is something he overlooked.

2009/2/12 16:38Profile
graceamazed

Tennessee

Re:

I haven't seen the movie yet, but will be watching it with my wife in about an hour...I've heard a lot of good reports on it and appreciate all the blogs so far.

2009/2/12 19:29Profile
micaiahsword

Re:

Hello Krispy:

Please allow me to clarify. Whitestone caught the spirit in which I was attempting to share my point of view.

The movie didnt depict my statement, that statement of treating your wife righteously is taken from scripture and from personal experience. Ive been married for about 30 yrs now and I have acquired some biblical insight on how to live with the wife of my youth.

My intention was only to voice my opinion of esteeming ones wife and the value it has in relation to the directive of Paul in Eph 5.

Please excuse my poor post, I did not come here to criticize my brothers and sisters in Christ.
Please forgive any offense I may have given.

Micaiahsword

2009/2/12 23:45Profile
savannah

Re: the religious movie

God's appointed method of bringing His own to Himself is the foolishness of preaching.

Man's twisted method(among others)is the foolishness of actors acting in movies.

How long will men continue seeking out new inventions, rather than going back to the Bible and following the command to preach the Gospel.

It is the Gospel of God.

It is the Gospel of the LORD Jeus Christ.

It is the Gospel of the kingdom.

The Gospel preached by preachers who are sent of God is the power of God unto salvation.

Away with these man-made schemes,the pragmatists and the pragmatist mindset.

Is His Word not able to accomplish that which He pleases and prosper it thereto where he sends it!

Stop mocking God with your movies and your carnal lifestyles all you actors and pragmatists.

Fall down and worship God, that you may see Him in His temple high and lifted up.

Stop your "rapping" and your "acting" and begin worshipping Him in spirit and in truth.

It is atrocious,it is a blot upon His Holy Name.

There is no place in the kingdom of God for performing. Leave the theatrics to the world and those from whom it was birthed.

Repent and turn from your idols!

God be praised forevermore. Amen.

2009/2/13 0:21Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

religious movie = oxymoron
Political Leadership = oxymoron

6 of one = 1/2 dozen of the other

I am agreeing with savannah

white stone

2009/2/13 9:15Profile