Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Man After God's Own Heart

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TracyInMD

Maryland, USA

Re:

I downloaded it and have just now started watching, Rebecca. Thank you for this...I saw you posted it on FB, too. Immediately I hear him talking about a tremendous amount of deception. That's the thing, especially, since October when we had Broken Before the Throne with some of us I know, and then there was the Paul Washer sermon. All of us who heard it are believing that God is making His people aware of deception. We ourselves see how we've believed some deceptions.

People do not know they are being deceived. That sounds silly to write, but the practicality of this is that it never seems to make sense to some people that there are major differences between what the Bible says and what we do. It's like some don't think there is ANYTHING wrong at all, and you wonder to yourself, perhaps I am wrong.

Some might wonder our conversation here--why would we feel we need to discuss this? People who desire righteousness are plagued with self-doubt in this carnal environment. They feel like there is something wrong with them. Now, I'll give you this...I always pray that I will not be SELF-righteous, but I almost get attacked for suggesting that we be righteous at all. It's like I said something wrong or something. I have in the past thought, "okay, I must be wrong, they are right..."

One of the women I know who strongly desires to follow God (whose presence I'm extremely thankful for) told me that she needed to tone herself down some..."I come on too strong", she said. To that I want to ask if the 24 elders in heaven should tone themselves down. Is the problem that people of the world love God TOO MUCH?

It's healthy to both find and gather with people who also desire holiness to encourage each other as much as possible. Heb 3:13. I also am finding it freeing to suspect that some are not even sheep; at the very least, they are not walking in the Spirit.

It's not that I WANT it to be this way, but it's like there's a sickness and you keep going to the doctor to be told that nothing's wrong. But you know there IS something wrong. In such cases, it's not uncommon for doctors to diagnose YOU with a problem in your head. This is not uncommon at all w/ people who do not have a diagnosis but have symptoms. Eventually you are diagnosed with a grave illness, but there is this sense of relief, "Ah, I'm not crazy. There really was something wrong."

2009/1/20 12:42Profile

Re:

Quote:

TracyInMD wrote:
I downloaded it and have just now started watching, Rebecca. Thank you for this...I saw you posted it on FB, too. Immediately I hear him talking about a tremendous amount of deception. That's the thing, especially, since October when we had Broken Before the Throne with some of us I know, and then there was the Paul Washer sermon. All of us who heard it are believing that God is making His people aware of deception. We ourselves see how we've believed some deceptions.

People do not know they are being deceived. That sounds silly to write, but the practicality of this is that it never seems to make sense to some people that there are major differences between what the Bible says and what we do. It's like some don't think there is ANYTHING wrong at all, and you wonder to yourself, perhaps I am wrong.

Some might wonder our conversation here--why would we feel we need to discuss this? People who desire righteousness are plagued with self-doubt in this carnal environment. They feel like there is something wrong with them. Now, I'll give you this...I always pray that I will not be SELF-righteous, but I almost get attacked for suggesting that we be righteous at all. It's like I said something wrong or something. I have in the past thought, "okay, I must be wrong, they are right..."

One of the women I know who strongly desires to follow God (whose presence I'm extremely thankful for) told me that she needed to tone herself down some..."I come on too strong", she said. To that I want to ask if the 24 elders in heaven should tone themselves down. Is the problem that people of the world love God TOO MUCH?

It's healthy to both find and gather with people who also desire holiness to encourage each other as much as possible. Heb 3:13. I also am finding it freeing to suspect that some are not even sheep; at the very least, they are not walking in the Spirit.

It's not that I WANT it to be this way, but it's like there's a sickness and you keep going to the doctor to be told that nothing's wrong. But you know there IS something wrong. In such cases, it's not uncommon for doctors to diagnose YOU with a problem in your head. This is not uncommon at all w/ people who do not have a diagnosis but have symptoms. Eventually you are diagnosed with a grave illness, but there is this sense of relief, "Ah, I'm not crazy. There really was something wrong."

Exactly, this is the problem we are facing in the church right now. I am glad you got a chance to watch the video.

It is so decieving for someone to think that they are saved not realizing they love pleasure more. Because they love pleasure more it's not even something that crosses their mind. It's simply not their concern so they go on their merry way thinking they are right with God, justifying their behavior while condemning yours. Zac Poonen, also mentions how these demonic forces take over and it is very frightening to think about. Once you agree to follow through with your lust your walking into deception.

He also mentions that this is why times like these are so perilous for christians. We are really in a major spiritual battle against the forces of hell and they will try to convince you that it is you that has the problem and if we buy into that we could end up going after worldly pleasures and falling into deception ourselves.

I see it in our church. Leaders full of lust and teaching our young people to go after things like money, sex and material things, promoting promiscuity, dressing sensual, being sexy, dancing, partying and just having a good time. Most movies to them are ok, most music is ok, it's ok to go to Broadway, expensive jewelry is ok...This is all they talk about on my FB..I'm bored.. let's go out and do something...like their going to die if they don't have some fun ASAP!

I posted the link again straight from Zac Poonen's websight because I was not able to get it off youtube, it said something about being discontinued. It could just be my computer.

2009/1/20 13:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy