SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Cell phone vs. Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Cell phone vs. Bible

I got this in a mail from a brother, even as it has a "comic" touch in it there is still a very good point in it, i thought it was worthy of reading.

---------------

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several time a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go... hmm... where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing.......

Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.

And no dropped calls!

2009/1/17 16:59Profile
theopenlife

Re: Cell phone vs. Bible

That was nice. Thanks, Christian.

PS: Have you read Rutherford's "The Loveliness of Christ"? It's just a little collection of encouraging comments he wrote in letter to people. The title is very appropriate.

Here are two passages:

"Ye have only these two shallow brooks, sickness and death, to pass through; and ye have also a promise, that Christ shall do more than meet you, even that he shall come himself, and go with you, foot for foot, yea and bear you in his arms. O then! for the joy that is set before you, for the love of the Man (who is also God over all, blessed forever) that is standing upon the shore to welcome you: run your race with patience."

"Christ is a well of life, but who knoweth how deep it is to the bottom."

2009/1/17 18:10Profile
fuehrerbe21

Wisconsin

Re:

i liked this. what is awesome is that we can do that. i try to carry my small ESV around with me, but sometimes it is difficult. If I am wearing something with smaller pockets or if it is raining, then I will leave it in my car. If i am in my car, I will be returning to it since I'm probably not at home.

it is afterall the sword that is talked about in Ephesians that we are to carry with us at all times. We must be ready for battle, like all great warriors.

2009/1/21 14:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy