SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gareth Evan's Soapbox!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Gareth Evan's Soapbox!

[img]http://www.garethevansministries.org/media/62617-soapbox.gif[/img]

http://www.garethevansministries.org/pages/my-soapbox.php

Now that I have passed 70 years old I shall beg your indulgence as I express some opinions! I have some soapboxes that I often mount – some would say “several”! For example:
1. Why is so much “Christian Kareoke’ passed off on us under the guise of ‘worship’?
2. Why is the congregational singing so pathetic each week?
3. Why is there so little anointing in our pulpits?

2009/1/16 19:18Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re: Gareth Evan's Soapbox!

Thanks for posting this greg. I only read the article on why is there so little anointing in our pulpits and it was great.

2009/1/16 20:02Profile
trxx

ON Canada

Re: Gareth Evan's Soapbox!

Hey Gareth, Bruce from the old Hazelglen days. You go ahead & get up on your soapbox any time that you feel discontented. The Spirit often works in our discontentment. I find only one answer to all of the Church woes of today. The answer is simply a lack of prayer individually & corporately. When the Church learns to pray & walk in holiness as it ought to it will be a radically different Church, the Bride that is pleasing to the Lord. It will have annointed preachers, empowered & amazingly effective rather than talented & somewhat effective. The Lord would bless the Church with His evidences of signs & wonders & great numbers coming under conviction. You wouldn't be able to get people out of the church & the singing would be according to the cries of our hearts, full of the Spirit & full of emotion. Of course we call this phenomenon revival but it is what simply God always promised to do, to pour out His Spirit upon His people who would humble themselves, pray, seek His face & turn from their wicked ways. Sorry, didn't mean to push you off the soapbox there. I'll step back down for you. God bless

2009/1/19 17:09Profile
live4jc

Re:

Hi Trxx,

You wrote : "The answer is simply a lack of prayer individually & corporately. When the Church learns to pray & walk in holiness as it ought to it will be a radically different Church, the Bride that is pleasing to the Lord. It will have annointed preachers, empowered & amazingly effective rather than talented & somewhat effective."

I agree with this statement. While it's true that we can never coax a revival into existence, we also know that every time a revival has occurred, it has been preceded by seasons of agonizing prayer, both individual prayer and corporate prayer.

It is as if the revival were a baby and just as a baby comes about through a birth process, so the agonizing prayer that comes before revival is like the pains of labour. Likewise, just as a baby needs to have mature, loving parents in order to survive and thrive, so we need to grow in Christ, so that when God brings a revival along we are ready to cooperate with the Spirit in cultivating the deep things that he wants to accomplish during the revival.

Thanks again for sharing these truths. God bless you !
In Jesus,
John

2009/1/19 18:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy