SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Isaiah 45:11

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Scoops

Isaiah 45:11

Is. 45:11: "Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me." KJV

The "his maker" part of this passage bothers me as Jesus is the Lord and the Holy one of Israel but he wasn't created right? So he can't have a "maker" then right?

Unless in Hebrew it means "the maker of Israel". but it doesn't sound like that in English.

Can anyone shed light on this?

2009/1/15 21:05Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Isaiah 45:11

You are right when you said, "the Maker of Israel" because that is what it means. It means that God is Israel's Maker.

In Isaiah 54v5 it says 'For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is His name, and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.'

It says in Hosea 8v14, 'For Israel has forgotten his Maker...

Once again you are right in saying that Jesus does not have a maker.

He is the Maker.

God bless.

2009/1/16 4:43Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Isaiah 45:11

YLT Isaiah 45:11 Thus said Jehovah, The Holy One of Israel, and his Former: Ask Me of the things coming concerning My sons, Yea, concerning the work of My hands, ye command Me.'

rc;y" (yatsar) (427c)
[b]Meaning:[/b] to form, fashion
Origin: a prim. root
Usage: Creator(1), devises(1), earthenware*(1), fashion(1), fashioned(1), fashioning(2), fashions(1), formed(20), forming(2), forms(2), made(m)(1), Maker(4), maker(2), ordained(1), planned(4), potter(9), potter's(7), potters(1).

also its good to remember Holy One can be translated set apart or saint also. So the set a part of Israel.

2009/1/16 6:55Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy