SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Overwhelming Fear

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MisterCheez

Colorado

Overwhelming Fear

Have any of you ever experienced what I would describe as utter fright when the situation didn't seem to dictate it? A couple times now, when startled by my wife (ie: didn't know she was standing next to met, etc.) I have experienced the most horrific fear. To the point where I can hardly see straight, begin to make frightened gasps, hold my arms out to protect myself and have even fled the room. On the occassions when this has happened, it has felt like my entire being is consumed with fear and my face even feels weird as if it were contorted into the face from Munch's "The Scream." Of course this is frightening for my poor wife!

This definitely seems to be spiritual but I haven't had much luck rebuking anything. Wondering where the power, love and sound mind are in these instances.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

2009/1/5 12:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Overwhelming Fear

Brother,

It is spiritual. You need to listen to this testimony:

[b]He Lives In Me by Carter Conlon[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2089&commentView=itemComments

2009/1/5 12:23Profile

Re:

I used to suffer alot from anxiety when I was a teenager. There was very little guidance in the home and many things were left unchecked and I was usaually the one who carried the burden and had to be the "big person" in the family. As a result I would have alot of panic attacks and I would have to breath through a paper bag or hold my breath and count to ten because I felt as though I couldn't get air in my lungs. Then I took up jogging which helped some. I actually felt like that this morning. It's my first day off from work and even though I am very tired I have a long list of things that have to be done and their [b]ALL priorities[/b]. It all HAS to be done. Somehow though God works it out in the end and gives me His light burdens in exchange for my heavy ones. :-)

2009/1/5 13:16

Brian, you're not alone, there are two parts of Scripture I find of comfort, Psalm 91, and the 1st Epistle of John, of course read prayerfully, and as goofy as this might sound, I feel Jesus hugging me. In those moments, I just ask the Lord, "hug me please", "drive this fear away, let me live in Faith, Lord".

that all might sound wimpy, but when this spirit of ours is packed into jar of clay.......sometimes that jar falls off the shelf.

much love in Jesus' Name, neil

2009/1/5 14:48
psalm1

What you need is another brother to come up alongside you.
Another brother,walking in victory,that has seen a few demons get decapitated.
Your testimony needs to be "he will fall like all the others"
Remember how David met with Goliath when fear ruled a whole nation?

OK, now you, with another brother,put that thing on the run.

2009/1/5 20:34Profile

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
What you need is another brother to come up alongside you.
Another brother,walking in victory,that has seen a few demons get decapitated.
Your testimony needs to be "he will fall like all the others"
Remember how David met with Goliath when fear ruled a whole nation?

OK, now you, with another brother,put that thing on the run.

Amen, it may be bigger than the rest of them but the battle is the Lord's. I used to be so filled with fear when I first became a christian I couldn't hardly leave the home. I used to be gripped with fear even while attending a church service. One day I was praying and I felt something leave me. Actually it was more like some-things. The truth is God is bigger than that and it's the truth that set me free.

I was one BIG mess when I got saved. God has brought me a LONG way! Only God knows. It's so miraculous looking back. Wow! :-) One day I feel like God is going to say to me "You were one of my biggest projects!!!"

2009/1/5 20:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy