SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question Please Is it biblical for women to open air preach

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Question Please Is it biblical for women to open air preach

I would love to hera from the word of God if this biblical. Or if this is the best for a women as a help mate to a man? Does this take the place where a man could be? Would it better serve to have her support them, and prayig? THe question isn't what she can't but what would fullfil a biblical role best

Thanks
charlene

2009/1/4 22:02Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Question Please Is it biblical for women to open air preach

Mary was one of the first preachers. She went and told the apostles that she had seen the risen Lord, and that they were to go to Galilee just as He said. If this is not preaching, then I don't know what is.

2009/1/4 22:41Profile
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Preach on sis. All believers are called to share thier faith...
Blessings Greg ;-)

2009/1/5 0:08Profile

You asked what would fulfill a biblical role best. I would say that one on one witnessing and praying and such would best fulfill the biblical role.

Open air preaching is different from one on one witnessing. I have seen many ladies do excellent one on one witnessing.
God bless, John

2009/1/5 6:32

Re:

I asked my husband about this and he said he doesn't see any problem with it. I have open air preached quite a few times already and once with my husband. Were a busy family right now with five kids, my husband works full time and has college online at night and I work fulltime. My priority according to Titus 2 is my husband and family first, secondly whatever else the Lord leads me to do once I clear it with my husband.

It's interesting you brought this up because yesterday after church one of the women made a sign saying something to the effect of "repent, Jesus is coming soon!" I prayed a long time ago for another woman to preach with or I couldn't go because my husband does not want me preaching with other men, understandably. So who knows, Lord willing, if my husband is ok with it than maybe I will make a sign up and join her. One thing that has always been on my husband's heart is to get involved with the members of our church.

I would have to pray about it though. My husband agrees with me that we need to be led of the spirit. He also agrees with me that it needs to be done in a way that glorifies the Lord, being a woman. I don't feel as a woman that it is our place to be confrontational but to just simply share the gospel.

Most of all my husband and I believe that whatever you do, man or woman, you need to be led of the spirit.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

2009/1/5 7:27
Mattie

Re:

Also... the woman at Samaria in John 4 who Jesus ministered to. She ended up leading the entire city to Christ.

And not only her, but the first ones to declare that Christ is risen on the day of His resurrection were all women.

Absolutely - a woman can open-air preach. Male and female, Jew and Greek, slave or free - all are one in Christ.

Anyone who says other wise is bound by legalism

2009/1/5 11:00Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:

awakenwithin wrote:
I would love to hera from the word of God if this biblical. Or if this is the best for a women as a help mate to a man? Does this take the place where a man could be? Would it better serve to have her support them, and prayig? THe question isn't what she can't but what would fullfil a biblical role best

Thanks
charlene

You are bound by your husband if you are married. (For other women out there: If he won't let you, then pray!) I knew a woman who the Lord had called her to minister and her husband was dead-set against it. Well, she put it back in the Lord's hands. She quietly prayed, "Lord, if this won't work for my man, it won't work for anybody's man...." Not long after, her husband was on board standing beside her ministering too! (But that was inside air! ;-) )

This is my personal addition, so take it for what it's worth! People are sick and tired of hearing they are going to hell. Share in love what Christ has done for you. He's alive and well working in the land today!

God bless!!

2009/1/6 6:09Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

My great great grandmother was a Methodist street preacher in certain small towns in Missouri. She was (as I have heard) utterly holiness. Understand that in those days men often took the back seat and the women carried the spiritual load. In fact, my great great grandfather just accompanied her on the streets as she preached.

Many churches were started by women in those days. :-o Yes. They headed the meetings because the men were at home and often abusive and drunk. Just being honest. If it were not for women the work of God had near ceased in many parts of Missouri where I'm from. Bible belt? Well, we have the women to thank God for as much as any other person.

It is a strange thing I have seen over the years. It was almost as if a transition was trying to take place in which the women were handing off the spiritual load to the men and a host of godly women have no gone on to their reward. And thinking that men would shoulder the ark few women took up their cause and walked with God as in the former days. And now we are very much void of deeply spiritual women and men.

So in an environment where men often refuse to respond to God I see [i]no shame[/i] and [i]no sin[/i] in answering the call of God in the woman's heart.

2009/1/6 7:34Profile
tullyja

Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Re: Women preachers

KingJimmy,

There have been many times when godly women have shared a testimony with others and God has used it in a mighty way, such as the woman at the well in John 4 and Mary (as you mentioned). However, the verses that apply to this particular situation are as follows:

1 Timothy 2:11-15 (King James Version)

11. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

When we look at the passage above and at 1 Corinthians 11 (which instructs women to wear head coverings when praying or prophecying) we may be tempted to think that it was something that was said to fit in with the culture of the day, but Paul makes it clear in the above passage that it was because of Adam and Eve that these things are necessary, not because of their current culture. (That is also true of 1 Cor. 11 when Paul says that it is "because of the angels" and "nature itself teaches you" about a women's head being covered. It had nothing to do with the culture of the day).
Preaching or teaching (it would be hard to seperate the two), is something that God has required from men. I know of certain situations where a man would not speak and so a women was used by God. But if we are striving for holiness and purity, then we should want to do what God wants us to do, not the second best. God has given women many gifts that men do not have and He even tells us in the Word when a woman should teach:

Titus 2:3-5 (King James Version)

3. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4. That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5. To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

When older women teach younger women how to live a Godly life, I am sure it is a beautiful thing in God's sight. I interpret that as not just women who are older in age but who are more mature in their faith, they may teach new converts godliness also.
Please let me know if I have missed anything or if there are other scriptures on this issue and let us run this race according to the rules.

- Jeff

2009/1/6 14:31Profile
scotty81

Re:

no they cannot.

all they are showing is they don't want to follow God's law on the subject and so have nothing of value to say.

women were never part of the OT priesthood.

it's the 1 job they can't do, and it's the sin of eve to always be striving against man to be equal to/above him.

2009/1/7 18:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy