SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Drama

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Christian Drama

One of my daughters has been acting in christian plays in church since she was 5 and has a talent for acting. She has a strong desire for acting and I was wondering if you have any suggestions? Also if you have any opinion about christians and acting I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on it. Thanks.

She's sixteen by the way and rather than try to change her mind about things (even though I have given her my opinion) right now I just want to help her utilize her gift in a way that glorifies the Lord.

2009/1/4 20:37
Tears_of_joy

Re: Christian Drama

I would start with the ancient greek word for actor, comparing it with the usage of the same word in the NT.

2009/1/4 21:02Profile

Re:

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
I would start with the ancient greek word for actor, comparing it with the usage of the same word in the NT.

?, not sure what your getting at here.

2009/1/4 21:13

Re:

I was thinking about getting some suggestions from, Kurt Cameron.

2009/1/4 21:14
Tears_of_joy

Re: Christian Drama

Sister RebeccaF, you asked for "opinions about christians and acting" and that you are interested in our thoughts on that subject. I gave you a hint for further consideration, prayer and research you could make on that subject, or more precisely on the original word of "actor" and the same word used by the Lord Jesus in NT. I wonder what caused such surprising reaction in your respond? Thank you.

EDIT: The strong number of that word is G5273.

2009/1/4 21:33Profile

Re:

I was thinking of YWAM or www.unfoldingdrama.com

2009/1/4 21:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy