SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : is what happening with israel and gaza have anything to do with biblical prophecy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible1985

is what happening with israel and gaza have anything to do with biblical prophecy?

I thought israel had to rgain all the land or something. If anyone knows anything at all of what still needs to be fulfilled, i really would appreciate it.

2009/1/4 20:20Profile
davidt

Re: is what happening with israel and gaza have anything to do with biblical prophecy

Yes it is prophetic fulfillment since it is the anti Christ spirit that is producing hatred for the Jew. I cannot say that it is the specific fulfillment that will lead to the beginning of the Tribulation but it is in general at least part of the increasing birth pangs. Also for the Arab it is part of the Ishmael & Isaac feud. And it is also just a natural feud since they have taken land that was once occupied by Palestinians and other things.

I do not believe that they need to have all the land actually in Revelation some land near the Temple location is given over to the Gentiles.

I believe they at least need the city of Jerusalem since they are mentioned there during the Tribulation, the Temple is to be built there, and they will be there during Armageddon, and other things.

As for all the stuff that needs to be fulfilled before the tribulation and the second coming I wont mention everything. I will mention one main thing. The Temple needs to be rebuilt so that the abomination of desolation can occur by the son of perdition spoken of by Daniel the prophet. Notably almost all things are ready and prepared for the beginning of the 7 weeks to begin!

2009/1/5 8:36Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

For your consideration:

Revelation 2:12-13: "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges; I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Mark:13:14: But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, [b]standing where it ought not[/b], (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

http://lasttrumpetnewsletter.org/2009/01_09_l.html

Berlin, Germany, had another attraction for Barack Obama. During the 1880's, German archaeologists were in the ancient city of Pergamos where they found the massive altar of Zeus. They offered to buy the altar from the Ottoman Moslem rulers, and upon purchasing it, they moved the structure to Berlin where it was fully restored. It now resides in a museum in Berlin, Germany. [b]This altar of Zeus is the very seat of Satan![/b] . . . .

The Altar of Pergamon
[b]The Reference to Satan's Throne in Revelation 2:13

"I know where you live—where Satan has his throne."[/b]

The Zeus Altar was taken from Pergamon in 1871 and carried to Germany by the German engineer Carl Humann. It is now exhibited at the Museum of Pergamum in Berlin.

http://www.everythingimportant.org/altarOfZeus/

http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/va11/amy/amy~1.html

The Sun will be darkened

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/30sep_blankyear.htm

(exerpt)
Sept. 30, 2008: Astronomers who count sunspots have announced that 2008 is now the "blankest year" of the Space Age.

"Sunspot counts are at a 50-year low," says solar physicist David Hathaway of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. "We're experiencing a deep minimum of the solar cycle."

Rv:6:13: And the [b]stars of heaven fell[/b] unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

On December 1st, 2008, the London Daily Telegraph featured a headline story entitled "World Stability Hangs by a Thread as Economies Continue to Unravel." The story tells of worldwide collapse as economies everywhere on earth are in deep trouble. The writer described the once strong economies of the nations as being [b]like stars that have fallen to the earth[/b].

We did not immediately connect all these events when viewing the separately, until we put them together on one page.

Not claiming any ability to predict, God forbid. However, we are admonished to [b]Watch[/b]. When we have been watching, this is what we are seeing. Add to all this the occurring events concerning Israel. . . . We may benefit by reexamining any preconceived conceptions of what will happen in the End Times. It may well be we might not recognize them for what they are.

Praying for all the Saints (especially, those on this forum),
white stone

2009/1/6 10:38Profile

Re:

I dont know that this new conflict is a direct fulfillment of a particular prophecy... but it does show that the Bible is correct when it says that in the end times Israel will stand alone with no allies. No one says anything when Hamas kills innocent Israelis... but let Israel retaliate and the whole world is outraged.

Krispy

2009/1/6 11:31
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Whatever happens with Israel is always the fulfillment of prophecy.

2009/1/6 12:23Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

When I think of Israel in the news as she has been the last couple of weeks a prophecy from Zechariah 12:1-4 comes to mind which states.

1The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

4In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

What we are seeing is a positioning towards this great event in which the nations will be arrayed against Israel. We are seeing God put the hooks in the jaws of the nations to fullfill all of scripture. Sooner or later this prophecy is going to come to pass and I feel and note ( this is just my observation) that we are seeing the nations and israel step into their eschatological
roles from which God has already planned.

2009/1/6 12:37Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Agreed both KingJimmy and Krispy... even the attitudes that are being fostered among those who should know better in the church is a fulfilment.

A specific prophecy regarding what is the root behind what is happening is the whole of chapter 35 in Ezekiel... the perpetual hatred and enmity and God's attitude toward it, and the final outcome. Those we call "palestinians" were displaced by their own people, not the Jews. The history is a complex one, no doubt, but well worth researching from sources that do not have the agenda of justifying the attempt to destroy Israel. Amazing how one of the most vicious armies during World War 2 against the Jews was the one recruited by the Nazis out of the Arab world that still perpetuates that same hatred and is sorely disappointed that Hitler did not finish them off.

Ezekiel 35:12 - 14 (KJV) 12And thou shalt know that I am the LORD, and that I have heard all thy blasphemies which thou hast spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, They are laid desolate, they are given us to consume. 13Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against me, and have multiplied your words against me: I have heard them. 14Thus saith the Lord GOD; When the whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee desolate.

The reason:
Ezekiel 35:10 (KJV) 10Because thou hast said, These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess it; whereas the LORD was there:

I wrote basically the same thing on another thread yesterday... from the time Palestinians can walk and talk they are indoctrinated to kill or maim even at the cost of their own lives and the lives of any relative because their death is a shortcut to their paradise... that is not radical Islam, that is mainstream Islam at work. And if we think we are going to escape in this country we are kidding ourselves. Hamas targets civilians, Israel encounters civilians because of the propaganda agenda of Hamas/Hezbullah/ Fatah/ Islam et al.

The fact is that those who have now become this supposedly disenfranchised people are those who were from the Arab world all around what is now Israel, and the despised and envied Jews drained the swamps, removed rocks, irrigated the deserts, and made them blossom like a rose, and now the bitter envy of those whom the surrounding countries of the Arabs will not take in, are wanting to occupy what they had no part in building.The whole issue is not what is happening to the "poor Palestinians". How much oil money would it take to help them if that were the issue? The issue is the desire that will never change and will never be pacifed, to totally annhilate Israel.

I may have a few years on some of those that are writing regarding issues in Israel... enough to remember all too well what the country used to look like, and the 6 day war and how those nations tried to push Israel into the sea, and the dastardly attacks ever since then including the Yom Kippur war... It grieves me to no end to see the awful imbalance in the reporting, and the bitter hatred of the whole world against the God of Israel... but thank God, even though she still has a most bitter cup to drink, we know what the final outcome will be.

But what is going to be our response as Christians,that is the question. We are to evangelize any and all, and yet we have an obligation to the Jew first, because the Word of God including the New Testament places that obligation.

Art Katz gives a challenge to the church in regard to the very kind of propaganda and even worst scenarios ahead [url=http://artkatzministries.org/the-church%e2%80%99s-identification-with-israel/]here[/url].

May God give us discernment in the days ahead, because as was stated at the revival conference in Atlanta, the Christians are (and are presently) going to be suffering the same kinds of awful distortion of facts, false accusations, smears that give the appearance of total justification for our imprisonment and/or extermination.

Clint

2009/1/6 12:55Profile
TroyorTakoda

2009/1/7 9:10Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: article quoting Dr. Furman Kearley

I do not believe or sincerely hope that there are not any among us who have a "love affair with war as a religious fixation".

But on the other hand there are some of us, myself included who cannot stomach the defense of the indefensible in condemning or siding with those whose only aim for the last several centuries has been the extermination of the Jews and who have artfully used this present "crisis" as another opportunity to plead the injustice of their "occupation" as a reason to continue to sacrifice their women and children in order to sway public opinion while they ONLY aim at innocent men, women and children with their missiles and rockets and etc.

It is interesting that you should quote a staunch defender of Calvinism that believes in [u]God’s unwillingness to cast off His elect[/u], and yet believes that God has indeed cast off Israel for their sins, that the prophecies regarding their re-gathering were fulfilled already before Christ and that all that is happening in the world today is the effect not of God but of Zionists? Now that is a really strange kind of theology, and yes I have read Mr. Kearley.

It is not Zionism that gives many of us compassion for the plight of the Jews in Israel, but the clear teaching of the Word of God in Romans regarding their eventual salvation, (and significant warnings against our arrogance as Gentile Christians) and the Old Testament scriptures regarding their return from ALL the places to which they have been scattered, a prophecy that has not and could not be fulfilled until now and still has not been completely fulfilled. But this one certainly has:
Isaiah 66:8 (NKJV) 8 Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion was in labor, She gave birth to her children.
It is interesting to say the least that this prophecy was found in its pristine and untampered glory in the caves at Qumram the very year that Israel became a nation in 1948. Isaiah, one of the most complete of the scrolls found and among the first.

And this prophecy has yet to be completed but certainly has started:
Isaiah 62:4 - 5 (NKJV) 4 You shall no longer be termed Forsaken, Nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate; But you shall be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her), and your land Beulah (married); For the Lord delights in you, And [b]your land[/b] shall be married. 5 For as a young man marries a virgin, So shall your sons marry you; And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, So shall your God rejoice over you.

The prophecies of Isaiah from chapter 43 onward most certainly had some fulfillment after the captivity, but there has not been a completion of those specific prophecies for the LAND and for the CITY of Jerusalem, and for the PEOPLE of whom the Lord said [u]are His witnesses[/u]. What is the point of those prophecies except to remind us and all the world of the significance of that ETERNAL title of the Lord, as the God of Israel "the covenant keeping God"?

Isaiah 45:17 - 19 (NKJV) 17 But Israel shall be saved by the Lord With an everlasting salvation; You shall not be ashamed or disgraced Forever and ever. 18 For thus says the Lord, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain, Who formed it to be inhabited: “I am the Lord, and there is no other. 19 I have not spoken in secret, In a dark place of the earth; I did not say to the seed of Jacob, ‘Seek Me in vain’; I, the Lord, speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

Isaiah 45:25 (NKJV) 25 In the Lord all the descendants of Israel Shall be justified, and shall glory.’”

Isaiah 46:3 - 4 (NKJV) 3 “Listen to Me, O house of Jacob, And all the remnant of the house of Israel, Who have been upheld by Me from birth, Who have been carried from the womb: 4 Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Isaiah 46:9 - 10 (NKJV) 9 Remember the former things of old, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’

To fail to embrace HIM as the God of Israel, (which includes the people and includes the place) is to fail to know the covenant keeping God and therefore any premise of Him being a covenant keeping God with ANY elect people falls.

Jesus Christ came to a place (Jerusalem “my holy hill”), a land (“my holy mountains”), a people (the Jews “my people”), and the admonition “to the Jew first” has never been revoked. All the pride and prejudice and neglect of that admonition will not revoke it.

The love of the people and the place has nothing to do with a philosophy or a movement or with a whole host of men’s theology but with the Word of God who has made it clear throughout history His identification with a people that He has chosen to reveal Himself through… His attributes through. He is the faithful Father to the Prodigal. Israel is a Son that will have to endure even more tribulations before she comes home but afterwards:
Zechariah 12:3 (NKJV) 3And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. … (read the whole context)
Zechariah 12:10 (NKJV) 10“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

Before taking the side of those who hate Israel, and condemning the persecuted, who are going to be persecuted even more, I highly recommend a word search on the word “return” and “restore” and “save” in regard to “my people” and “Israel” in the Word of God.

Clint

2009/1/7 11:45Profile
bible1985

Re:

i would be afraid to be the ones who our against israel and the god of israel, remember he is not done with them, not for a second, if the u.s turns against them i surely will not be rooting on the u.s.

2009/1/7 14:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy