Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : choking newborns

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re: the title of choking newborns

Greetings White_Stone

I did not mean to give anyone the impression that I was upset or angry about the title of the thread. I simply asked that perhaps their might be another one chosen for the sake of younger children who come here and read. For my son I know the term(choking newborns) would cause him to be upset. For him it would make him think of a baby being choked. In all honestly I thought that too. When I first read the title of the thread, I thought that someone had posted another news story about some parent killing their child and I was apprehensive about even viewing the thread. In the end it does not make a difference if the author of the thread chooses to keep the title or not. Sadly my husband feels that perhaps this is no longer the best place for my son to visit because of some of the way things have been written in the forum of late. So he will no longer be coming here. There is much I am praying about as well. My desire above all else is to live daily unto the Lord and to walk in such a way that is pleasing to Him.

If anyone was offended by my post asking for the sake of my son that the title be changed then please accept my apologies, it was not my heart or intention to cause any strife.

Thanks for your time and God bless you
MJ

Edit-I wanted to make clear that my husbands decision to no longer allow my son to come to the site was not only because of the title of this thread. There were many factors involved and much prayer. For me my heart filled desire is to post in such a way that others might be encouraged and edified. I don't want my time here on sermon index to be about me but rather to further His kingdom. I need to be sure that is the motivation of my own heart. thank you all

2009/1/4 1:02Profile
kathleen1

Re: MJ's Son

Perhaps it would be better for your son to go where there is real substance on this site-the audio sermons, the video sermons...and avoid the discussion forum altogether. Instead of worrying about being upset or offended by the title, perhaps this would be a time to teach him how dangerous religion can be. There is a real enemy out there and shielding him from the truth is just as dangerous. However, I agree, a debate forum full of conflicting opinions is not a good place for an impressionable young one.

2009/1/4 6:27Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: the title of choking newborns

Quote:

White_Stone wrote:
For those who find the title of this thread offensive, and those who are concerned it may upset their children. You have a perfect opportunity to teach you children what the term means and why it was used.

It is a very sad thing to appear more upset about the title of this thread than what happened on the other. As I type this I see there are 42 guests online, how do we appear to those guests?

Just an amen. We need to be sure we are concerned about the real eternal issues. The title of this thread is bad. Letting your young people come on here to read the carnage under nicely titled threads is worse. It is possible that "choking spiritual newborns" would have been better, but as has been mentioned, this is a rough and tumble site. You really need to be prepared for anything.

2009/1/4 9:20Profile
psalm1

Re:

personally,the title drew me to read the first post. I was moved by it,and immediately thought,good idea.

2009/1/4 10:49Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
For those who find the title of this thread offensive, and those who are concerned it may upset their children. You have a perfect opportunity to teach you children what the term means and why it was used.

White-stone, Since I am one of those weaker ones who misread the title at first and suggested a different one, I will share my perspective:

Due to my busy life, I must exercise discretion in what I read. Periodically I pop into SermonIndex and browse the thread titles. There are certain kinds of titles that I tend to avoid right off the bat – at least, unless I have a Spirit nudging. Perhaps sometimes I am wrong in my assumption about the topic, as in this case. But usually I just avoid a thread if I think it will pull me down or be unfruitful for me. (My assumptions are based on my experience here on SI for a few years.)

Perhaps an SI thread could be started and maintained in which we could learn how to create effective titles, write meaningful and sensitive posts, format our material, acknowledge the voices of others, etc. That's what journalism and homiletics students must learn. Why shouldn't the rest of us learn some communication skills too? It’s all part of being sensitive to others and building a healthy cybercommunity; after all, it’s not about ourselves, right?

Diane

2009/1/4 14:24Profile
kathleen1

Re:

I am saddened and grieved that the title of this thread seems of more concern than people's souls. God help us, people, it's not about US or what we like it is about HIM and the souls HE DIED FOR!!! The title is graphic because the damage to babes in Christ is graphic!!

2009/1/4 14:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Perhaps it would be better for your son to go where there is real substance on this site-the audio sermons, the video sermons...and avoid the discussion forum altogether.

this is really the focus and "main" intention of the threads is to discuss the audio sermons and topics the speakers cover. I am locking this thread. May we all be very careful with our words for "every idle" word will be brought into judgement how much more every other careful word we even say!

2009/1/4 15:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy