SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : choking newborns

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
kathleen1

choking newborns

I want to post this with humility, but I must admit to a little indignation at the lack of wisdom I see on display here recently.

Mat 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

This concerns the religious debate over the young lady's question on makeup. There is no debate in the heart of one who learns to commune with the Holy Spirit-HE has been sent to guide us into all truth, but you wouldn't know that to read some of the debates on this forum. Ever wonder why God gave us 2 ears , 2 eyes and only 1 mouth?

I love Sermon Index, it is one of my favorite websites. But when someone young in the Lord, asks a question about make up and people just can't restrain themselves from giving their opinions and quoting a bunch of Scripture a young lady can't possibly comprehend, are you not possibly choking a newborn with your theology and doctrine? This is dangerous when you consider all the different, often conflicting answers given to this young lady. How confusing! God is not the Author of confusion!

I would just like to ask those of you who have so much information and knowledge of Scripture to exercise some restraint and wisdom. Remember when 16 year old girls who have an honest desire to learn what is right and wrong, and serve Christ, (which is of great value in His sight!) ask a question, stop trying to feed young ones and newborns a steak when they can't swallow it and may just need some milk. How about just encouraging them to seek Christ, and pray and read, and trust His promise:

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you shall go and guide you with My eye" Psa 32:8

Stop choking the newborns and babes with a bunch of doctrine that spiritually they can't comprehend yet. Point them back to prayer, the Word, and the Master! I pray this young lady was not overwhelmed and discouraged by this. If all you can offer is opinion, that is not backed up by Scripture, please, show me one place where God's Son on this earth ever gave man, woman, boy or child, His opinion? He didn't. Since He set the example those who make it will follow, may He help us learn to keep ours to ourselves.

2009/1/3 15:21Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: choking newborns

Quote:
Stop choking the newborns and babes with a bunch of doctrine that spiritually they can't comprehend yet.

Thank you sister for this word of rebuke to us. I think this applies beyond that particular thread and topic to the forums in general also.

2009/1/3 15:30Profile
Koheleth

NC

It's a good word, Kathleen. Thank you.

2009/1/3 19:09Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Quote:
If all you can offer is opinion, that is not backed up by Scripture, please, show me one place where God's Son on this earth ever gave man, woman, boy or child, His opinion? He didn't. Since He set the example those who make it will follow, may He help us learn to keep ours to ourselves.

Thank you kathleen1,

white stone

2009/1/3 19:25Profile
roadsign

Re:

When I first saw the thread title I feared that this might be a disturbing article about somebody literally choking babies. I almost didn't check it out because of that.

Kathleen, I think you and I are both wishing to see a sensitivity towards our readership. I hope you don't mind me sharing my thoughts about your title. When I read your comments, I knew what you meant, and I heartily agree! You are a sensitive person! Do you think a different title might be more to the point: ex: "Let's be Mindful of Young Believers" - or something like that?

Diane

2009/1/3 19:26Profile
kathleen1

Re:

A sensitive title? No, because many times people do not use wisdom, and they don't understand or stop to consider what harm their words can do. They can literally choke the spiritual life out of a babe in Christ, by sowing seeds of discouragement, confusion and despair. You would never try to force an infant with no teeth to eat a piece of steak, for fear of choking it, would you? People need to stop and think about what they say and ask themselves, when I face these words at the Judgment seat of Christ, will I be wishing I'd kept my mouth shut?

People need to learn restraint, and wisdom. This is where we need to die so Christ can live, so it is HIM that is seen, not self. Self wants to spout its knowledge, be seen, thought well of, admired, etc. Often, to young ones this can be very damaging. Because Christ is the one she needed to be pointed to, not what people think, or have written on the subject. Only HIS Word is Spirit and Life, not men's.

Religious talk is mostly a dead letter ministry that frequently kills. I was more interested in sparing the innocent than those who should know better.

2009/1/3 19:45Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Quote:
[b][size=small][color=CC3366][font=Verdana]I was more interested in sparing the innocent than those who should know better.[/font][/color][/size][/b]

Amen

Leaning on His word.
Quote:
[b][size=x-small][color=0000FF][font=Verdana]Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.[/font][/color][/size][/b]

May we all trust this wonderful Scripture.

2009/1/3 19:55Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings sister
I appreciate your heart but the title of your thread is a cause of concern for me. I often have allowed my younger boys to come on and read some of the sermons and so forth, but I know that this type of thread title (choking newborns) would be very upsetting to them. The image it puts in your thoughts is that of harming a baby. For a child that can be very upsetting. Maybe you might reconsider the title for the sake of people who are young in Christ as well as in years that visit Sermon Index?

God Bless
MJ

2009/1/3 23:17Profile
psalm1

love Sermon Index, it is one of my favorite websites. But when someone young in the Lord, asks a question about make up and people just can't restrain themselves from giving their opinions and quoting a bunch of Scripture a young lady can't possibly comprehend, are you not possibly choking a newborn with your theology and doctrine? This is dangerous when you consider all the different, often conflicting answers given to this young lady. How confusing! God is not the Author of confusion!

A thousand Amens

2009/1/3 23:18Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

the title of choking newborns

For those who find the title of this thread offensive, and those who are concerned it may upset their children. You have a perfect opportunity to teach you children what the term means and why it was used.

It is a very sad thing to appear more upset about the title of this thread than what happened on the other. As I type this I see there are 42 guests online, how do we appear to those guests?

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/1/4 0:20Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy