SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Glory be to God - First Fruit of specific prayer for men

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
JoanM

Glory be to God - First Fruit of specific prayer for men

Thank you Father.

Some time ago I had some discussion with those that pray in which Prayer for Men was discussed, as a general need in the whole Body of Christ and particularly in America. Someone pointed out a message by [url= (Godly Home) Part 22 - Where are the Men by Denny Kenaston.]Denny Kenaston[/url], Where are the Men? and there have been other messages suggested.

The thing I was led to do was a bit smaller: to pray about inviting a small group of women with a heart to pray for the men in their life, to meet and do just that. At which point the small group I had thought about approaching went on Christmas break. So I only discussed it with a very mature Christian woman I have known for years. We prayed once together and for about a week separately: for my brother (soundly saved and in a difficult work situation), for her husband (not functioning as the spiritual head of the family). We met today.

In that less than two week period, my brother’s company was bought by almost evangelical businessmen (their first new paycheck had a Christian message printed on it), and this last Sunday, for the first time in his life God spoke to her husband, called him by his given name (not what he goes by) and said what he recognized was in a verse in the Bible. This occurred during Church, after the man leading prayer said, “Let us be quiet before God and prepare our hearts before Him to hear from Him.”

I am now comfortable in recommending small corporate prayer groups of women praying for the men in their life. I think I will ask this woman to come and share with the women’s group when I offer this for their consideration. Knowing God and what happens in corporate prayer, I am thinking God will also meet the women who pray.

As I consider posting this, I am impressed with the importance of doing this silently in the fellowship. I trust God will elaborate on this point and show me His "how".

2009/1/2 22:10Profile
TroyorTakoda

Re: Glory be to God - First Fruit of specific prayer for men

I think it was Brother Ravenhill who once said: Where is the Lord God of Elijah? He is waiting for an Elijah to call on Him.

I'm not sure if you've read The Ministry of Intercessory Prayer by Andrew Murray but it talks about the idea of actually making a department of a church specifically dedicated to the work of prayer. Since I've read it, I have seen a few churches actually do this and they have been blessed by it greatly.

2009/1/3 7:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy