Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A Sad Day for Christian Music

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello Robert and everyone else,

My husband and I were saved while viewing the PTL Club on late night TV.

Thank God for the words of the Apostle Paul:

Quote:
[b][color=0033FF][font=Verdana]18: What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in [u]pretence[/u], or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.[/font][/color][/b]

Such is the marvelous mystery and absolute power and glory of our Lord Jesus.

Praise His name

[size=xx-small]white stone[/size]

2009/1/3 15:23Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
So who knows? Judge nothing before the time.

True. However, have you not ever had this sense that something is very wrong when you had no external evidence to prove it so only to find out later that your sense was right on? Methinks this is the spirit of God warning us and in many times it works to prepare one for what will be revealed.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/1/4 19:03Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Hello Dear ginnyrose,

Quote:
Methinks this is the spirit of God warning us and in many times it works to prepare one for what will be revealed.

My husband and I feel the same way you do. It is not judging but knowing the signs, however subtle they may be. Could not American Indians track by signs White Man could not see? Same thing in my opinion.

Personally, I avoid most of the modern forms of Praise songs and singers for a couple of reasons. We do not like their musical style. We spent many years as working musicians and have very demanding standards. We do not like music that you can not [b]understand[/b] what is being sung. They blur, mumble and slur the words. One could be listening to satanic words for all one knows.

I had better just go wash dishes and get off my soap box. Hope you all are having a good evening. God has blessed us with Spring in January. Our peach tree is blooming!

Kind regards,
white stone

2009/1/4 20:18Profile
reformer

Re:

Sad day for christians...not music. I was never a Ray Boltz fan, never liked his style. What is worse is what the world sees? The world sees another Christian living a lie, not truly living in the truth. They don't see many believers dying to self and walking and living in the truth.

I know I fall short as many of us do, but if you truly believe the gospel in ALL its truth we won't bend the truth to fit our pleasures and desires. Our flesh may fight to be obedient, but a regenerate heart wants and desires to be obedient. We may fall into to sin and at times fall into a bondage of a sin. But what do you do, stay in your sin and find others who will accept it or repent and gather with believers who will fight with you in prayer and study of the word?

2009/1/4 21:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy